"Elvis is my copilot." -- Cal Keegan

computers / comp.sys.atari.st / Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

SubjectAuthor
* Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWireJames Schofield
+- Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWirePhigan
`* Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWireFrancois LE COAT
 +* Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWireChris Ridd
 |`- Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWireJames Schofield
 `- Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWireJames Schofield

1
Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<u1ac21$1b2pf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=129&group=comp.sys.atari.st#129

From: biker...@gmx.com (James Schofield)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 01:59:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Schofield - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 01:59 UTC

Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
are not around anymore.

Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.

even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.

frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca

James

Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<711116101@f171.n3.z21.fsxnet>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=130&group=comp.sys.atari.st#130

From: Phi...@f171.n3.z21.fsxnet (Phigan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:46:10 +1300
 by: Phigan - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:46 UTC

JS> Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
JS> with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.

I browse with Links in Ice-T pretty often. Sometimes I use frogfind as a
proxy, sometimes I use my own instance of MacProxy, and sometimes just
the regular website works. I mean, it is a pain in the ass a little bit,
but I can usually find the information that I'm looking for. It's usually
just information or a file. What kind of sites are you hoping to find?

Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<u1c3ev$3v0l9$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=131&group=comp.sys.atari.st#131

From: lec...@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 19:45:03 +0200
 by: Francois LE COAT - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:45 UTC

Hi,

James Schofield writes:
> Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
> are not around anymore.
>
> Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
> with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.
>
> even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.
>
> frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca
>
> James

<https://www.atari.org/> has an issue with its certificate, and
I validated a security exception.

Otherwise if you want to surf on the ATARI WEB, you can see
bookmarks that are in the <http://is.gd/atarians> page. Most of
the bookmarks are valid, because I maintain the list regularly.
Depending on your WEB browser, the ATARI Search Engine may work.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)

Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<u1dr4q$1vrhf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=132&group=comp.sys.atari.st#132

From: chrisr...@mac.com (Chris Ridd)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:35:22 +0100
 by: Chris Ridd - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:35 UTC

On 14/04/2023 18:45, Francois LE COAT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> James Schofield writes:
>> Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
>> are not around anymore.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
>> with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.
>>
>> even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.
>>
>> frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca
>>
>> James
>
> <https://www.atari.org/> has an issue with its certificate, and
> I validated a security exception.

It expired on April 4. Hopefully the site admins know?

--
Chris

Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<u1ku8g$3cd47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=133&group=comp.sys.atari.st#133

From: biker...@gmx.com (James Schofield)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 02:11:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Schofield - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 02:11 UTC

Thank you for reminding me about your site with all those links.

I did have it book marked in my ST file, but I had forgotten just what
it all had there.. a great source of info.

Thanks

James

Francois LE COAT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James Schofield writes:
>> Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
>> are not around anymore.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
>> with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.
>>
>> even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.
>>
>> frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca
>>
>> James
>
> <https://www.atari.org/> has an issue with its certificate, and
> I validated a security exception.
>
> Otherwise if you want to surf on the ATARI WEB, you can see
> bookmarks that are in the <http://is.gd/atarians> page. Most of
> the bookmarks are valid, because I maintain the list regularly.
> Depending on your WEB browser, the ATARI Search Engine may work.
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> François LE COAT
> Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
> http://eureka.atari.org/

Re: Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire

<u1kuco$3cdl7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=134&group=comp.sys.atari.st#134

From: biker...@gmx.com (James Schofield)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 02:13:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Schofield - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 02:13 UTC

Well there have been little of no updates to the site itself. I just
liked it that there was a FULL graphic website page that I could
display on my TT and show people how the internet would have looked on
the Atari.
I wish there was someone who would write a proxy that could convert all
the modern websites and serve them in html 1 .. that would be very
cool..

James