From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:06:35 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:06 UTC

*To own an Apple device is to live in constant _fear_ of zero-day holes!*.

There are so many zero-day bugs in both iOS and macOS that hackers stopped
accepting them & today it's reported there are more that Apple never finds.

The vulnerability (tracked as CVE-2021-30869) is long exploited in the wild.

*More zero-days found (never found by Apple!) in older iOS & macOS kernels*
<https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/apple-releases-emergency-ios-and-macos-security-patch-so-update-now>

"The vulnerability impacts iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air,
iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation) running iOS
12.5.5, along with Macs running macOS Catalina."
--
Never forget Apple doesn't ever test iOS or macOS (which is one reason Apple
has the LOWEST R&D expenses of any similar high tech company on the planet).

Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)

<sim7kb$6mh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12906&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12906

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for
macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:12:59 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:12 UTC

On 2021-09-24 9:06 p.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> *To own an Apple device is to live in constant _fear_ of zero-day holes!*.
>
> There are so many zero-day bugs in both iOS and macOS that hackers stopped
> accepting them & today it's reported there are more that Apple never finds.
>
> The vulnerability (tracked as CVE-2021-30869) is long exploited in the wild.
>
> *More zero-days found (never found by Apple!) in older iOS & macOS kernels*
> <https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/apple-releases-emergency-ios-and-macos-security-patch-so-update-now>
>
> "The vulnerability impacts iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air,
> iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation) running iOS
> 12.5.5, along with Macs running macOS Catalina."

Every technology company that makes software has zero-day bugs, Arlen.

Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)

<ir8tseFoi9fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12908&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12908

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)
Date: 25 Sep 2021 15:34:38 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:34 UTC

On 2021-09-25, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:

> The vulnerability (tracked as CVE-2021-30869) is long exploited in the wild.
>
> "The vulnerability impacts iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air,
> iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation) running iOS
> 12.5.5, along with Macs running macOS Catalina."

This vulnerability is in old versions of the operating systems, and
devices running the latest versions of macOS (11.6) and iOS (15) are
unaffected. People with devices running those old versions should
install iOS 12.5.5 and macOS Catalina 10.15.7 updates to resolve the
issue.

JR

Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)

<ftWdnRIOUo2Fp8z8nZ2dnUU7-b3NnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12912&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12912

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today
for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 22:27:20 -0500
 by: Bob Campbell - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 03:27 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> This vulnerability is in old versions of the operating systems, and
> devices running the latest versions of macOS (11.6) and iOS (15) are
> unaffected. People with devices running those old versions should
> install iOS 12.5.5 and macOS Catalina 10.15.7 updates to resolve the
> issue.

Of course, it knows this. But, trolls gotta troll.

Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)

<sirgvq$tlg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12913&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12913

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 04:23:31 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 04:23 UTC

Bob Campbell <none@none.none> asked
> Of course, it knows this. But, trolls gotta troll.

*What Bob Campbell proved by that is he _hates_ facts about Apple products.*

While I commend Jolly Roger for a sensible update, I must point out that on
the _adult_ OS newsgroups (e.g., Linux, Windows, & Android) nobody calls
someone a troll for posting factual information about the operating system.

It's only on the child-like Apple newsgroups where people like this "Bob
Campbell" exist who are so childish that they think calling a person an "it"
is an insult.

Not only is that their cleverest insult possible - but they believe that
they're actually insulting someone (much as when Lewis calls anyone with
facts he doesn't like a "girl").
--
It's only on the child-like Apple newsgroups that people _hate_ facts
about their operating system (adult OS newsgroups _welcome_ all facts).

Re: Apple zero day bugs never end - long list added to today for macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)

<sirkqj$3jk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12914&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12914

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
macOS and iOS kernel (already exploited)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 22:28:51 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 05:28 UTC

On 2021-09-26 9:23 p.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> Bob Campbell <none@none.none> asked
>> Of course, it knows this. But, trolls gotta troll.
>
> *What Bob Campbell proved by that is he _hates_ facts about Apple products.*

What he showed is that he knows a troll when he see one, Arlen.

<SNIP>