From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Prime Gaming: Week of 9 August 2023
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 09:57:15 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 13:57 UTC

[Once again, I have been remiss in my duties keeping us all abreast
about the free games on Amazon Prime. The beatings shall continue
until my performance improves.]

We're at the start of a new month, which is usually when Amazon wheels
out the big games, but we're just getting a single game this time:

* Payday 2
I wish I could get excited about this game, but I never cared much for
its motif, and the game is multiplayer-only to boot. Still, it has a
fairly stable player-base on Steam, and a sequel is coming out soon
(doubtlessly the reason for the freebie here). Too bad Amazon
needlessly linked the game to your Epic account, since Epic offered
this game as a freebie just last month. You can't even give the key to
somebody else. Well, it does come with a DLC pack, and if you don't
have "Payday 2" yet, I guess you could get it here. But it all seems
sort of a waste...

Way to make me rethink my monthly subscription fee, Amazon. ;-)

Re: Prime Gaming: Week of 9 August 2023

<fnv9dihpj84n40uc1j8h0jdff7qonnt533@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12968&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12968

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Prime Gaming: Week of 9 August 2023
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:16:02 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:16 UTC

On Wed, 09 Aug 2023 09:57:15 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>[Once again, I have been remiss in my duties keeping us all abreast
>about the free games on Amazon Prime. The beatings shall continue
>until my performance improves.]
>
>We're at the start of a new month, which is usually when Amazon wheels
>out the big games, but we're just getting a single game this time:
>

>* Payday 2
>I wish I could get excited about this game, but I never cared much for
>its motif, and the game is multiplayer-only to boot. Still, it has a
>fairly stable player-base on Steam, and a sequel is coming out soon
>(doubtlessly the reason for the freebie here). Too bad Amazon
>needlessly linked the game to your Epic account, since Epic offered
>this game as a freebie just last month. You can't even give the key to
>somebody else. Well, it does come with a DLC pack, and if you don't
>have "Payday 2" yet, I guess you could get it here. But it all seems
>sort of a waste...

Yeah. I got Payday 2 *years* ago on Steam freebie and still haven't
touched it. MP only turned out to be a dealbreaker for me.

(*sigh*)

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: Prime Gaming: Week of 9 August 2023

<427adid7kesvan9f79699cj60lv96oi6en@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12973&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12973

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:22:41 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:22 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:16:02 -0500, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Aug 2023 09:57:15 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>>* Payday 2
>>I wish I could get excited about this game, but I never cared much for
>>its motif, and the game is multiplayer-only to boot.

>Yeah. I got Payday 2 *years* ago on Steam freebie and still haven't
>touched it. MP only turned out to be a dealbreaker for me.

It's actually a fun game and if you enjoy multiplayer FPS games, it
has enough action and variety to keep you and your friends
entertained. It's co-op too, which is (IMHO) the best type of
multiplayer.

But I'm not a big fan of crime-games, and the action in the Payday
franchise is just a bit too frenetic and fast for me.

Re: Prime Gaming: Week of 9 August 2023

<ub3s9e$htug$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12980&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12980

From: rri...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 23:36:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ross Ridge - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 23:36 UTC

Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Yeah. I got Payday 2 *years* ago on Steam freebie and still haven't
>touched it. MP only turned out to be a dealbreaker for me.

You can play it single-player as sort of a practice mode or something.
I played a single heist in both Payday 1 & 2 that way and it was fun
enough. More fun than playing Left 4 Dead 2 solo.

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca