From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: What is the SIZE difference between iOS & Android updates?
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 04:13:39 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 04:13 UTC

sms wrote:

> But it does appear that they've figured out how to not have
> to update the entire OS which is good.

Hi badgolferman,

Note that no other common consumer operating system releases like iOS does.
This is important information below that you need to know about iOS.

All I care about is the truth - no matter what that truth is.
*iOS 15 users are Exposed. Naked. Vulnerable. Pitifully left to rot.*

Only iOS 16 users are safe - and - even they are exposed, naked, and
vulnerable until Apple times out on their "wait and see" bugfix attitude.

In bringing the truth to the fore, I need to point out that neither Steve
nor any of the iKooks who have responded have shown _any_ comprehension
whatsoever of _how_ Apple supports, builds & releases iOS.

This is important because no other common consumer operating system is
built using the primitive Paleolithic monolithic format that iOS is.

That primitive build mechanism has huge drawbacks, not the least of which
is Apple is forced to constantly release entirely new releases each and
every time a bug shows up if they don't "wait for a while" for more bugs.

Notice what I said because it's _critically important_ to understand that
Apple is forced, by the primitive monolith they designed, to adopt a "wait
and see" attitude for when to release their collection of bug fixes.

Specifically, this primitive monolith _slows down_ the Apple releases, and,
at the same time, paradoxically, it forces Apple to release bugs before
they're truly fixed (which we've seen time and time again with Apple).

This "wait and see" attitude Apple adopts for their primitive monolith is
one of the main reason nearly _half_ of all zero-day bugs on iOS are widely
exploited in the wild well before Apple ever gets around to the release.

Worse, the instant a release moves from one major version to the next, the
old release is _completely dead_ (in terms of complete hotfixes that is).

This means anyone on iOS 15 today is dead in the water in terms of having
all the hotfixes that Apple has made which will definitely affect users.

They're dead. Exposed. Naked. Vulnerable. Pitifully left to rot by Apple.
Mainly due to the primitive monolithic structure Apple employs for iOS.

Note that no other common consumer operating system releases like iOS does.
*It's a key reason why iOS has the _shortest_ support life of phone OSs.*