Virtue is a relative term. -- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

SubjectAuthor
* The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficieRobin Goodfellow
`* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested theirAlan Baker
 `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once everBob Campbell
  `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code suffnospam
   `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code suffWolffan
    `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested theirRichard Soul
     `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code suffWolffan
      `* Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested theirLewis
       `- Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code suffWolffan

1
The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<sjjqcu$1re1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12949&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12949

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:31:20 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:31 UTC

To own an Apple product is to own an already hacked device...

Why?
Because Apple has _never_ sufficiently tested their OS before release.
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>
"The root causes I highlight here are not novel and are often overlooked.
*We'll see cases of iOS code which seems to have never worked*,
*iOS code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing*
*or no code review before the iOS release was shipped to users*."

This was for _many_ iOS releases... that Apple didn't test even once.
The fact Apple doesn't sufficiently test iOS releases is clear to adults.

All iPhones are compromised the instant Apple installs an iOS release.
The proof is _overwhelming_ Apple doesn't even _test_ much of iOS code!

The proof is not only from Project Zero - it's everywhere.
*Even Apple can't refute the fact they never tested their iOS code.*

Here's just a few verbatim quotes from security researchers at Project Zero.
"The more important takeaway, however, is what the vulnerability was.
In 2014, Apple added an unfinished implementation of a new feature named
"vouchers" and part of this new code was a new syscall (technically, a
task port MIG method) which, from what I can tell, never worked. To be
clear, if there had been a test which called the syscall with the
expected arguments, it would have caused a kernel panic. If any Apple
developer had attempted to use this feature during those four years,
their phone would have immediately crashed."

"It's difficult to understand how this error could be introduced into a
core IPC library that shipped to end users. While errors are common in
software development, a serious one like this should have quickly been
found by a unit test, code review or even fuzzing. It's especially
unfortunate as this location would naturally be one of the first ones
an attacker would look, as I detail below."

Here's another:
"It's the kernel bug used here which is, unfortunately, easy to find and
exploit (if you don't believe me, feel free to seek a second opinion!).
An IOKit device driver with an external method which in the very first
statement performs an unbounded memmove with a length argument directly
controlled by the attacker"

The amazing thing is I've never met people as ignorant as these apologists,
who, given a spoon fed easy article to read, even then they can't see _any_
facts in that article if those facts tell the truth about Apple products.
--
All of you apologists own imaginary belief systems - much like Trumpists do.

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<sjkjdm$eu7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12954&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12954

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their
OS code sufficiently
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:38:14 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 16:38 UTC

On 2021-10-06 2:31 a.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> To own an Apple product is to own an already hacked device...
>
> Why?
> Because Apple has _never_ sufficiently tested their OS before release.
> <https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>
> "The root causes I highlight here are not novel and are often overlooked.
> *We'll see cases of iOS code which seems to have never worked*,
> *iOS code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing*
> *or no code review before the iOS release was shipped to users*."
>
> This was for _many_ iOS releases... that Apple didn't test even once.
> The fact Apple doesn't sufficiently test iOS releases is clear to adults.

Why must you lie?

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<jNydnUWVio6RH8P8nZ2dnUU7-IPNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12963&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12963

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever
tested their OS code sufficiently
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 00:13:48 -0500
 by: Bob Campbell - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 05:13 UTC

Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:

> Why must you lie?

Because it is a kiddie troll.

The real question is, why do people reply to it? It just wants attention,
like all kiddie trolls.

Ignore it and it will lose interest and go away.

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<071020210244021308%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12972&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12972

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 02:44:02 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 06:44 UTC

In article <jNydnUWVio6RH8P8nZ2dnUU7-IPNnZ2d@supernews.com>, Bob
Campbell <none@none.none> wrote:

> Ignore it and it will lose interest and go away.

this one won't.

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<0001HW.270EFFBD01C33EBB700000E1238F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12974&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12974

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 06:13:17 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad, misc.phone.mobile.iphone, comp.sys.mac.system
 by: Wolffan - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:13 UTC

On 2021 Oct 07, nospam wrote
(in article<071020210244021308%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

> In article<jNydnUWVio6RH8P8nZ2dnUU7-IPNnZ2d@supernews.com>, Bob
> Campbell <none@none.none> wrote:
>

> > Ignore it and it will lose interest and go away.
>
> this one won't.

killfile it and you won’t see it’s idiocy... unless an even greater idiot
than it replies to that idiocy. my current kf entry for arlen has 19 nyms, I
just add another when it tries another nym to get attention.

I may just add that idiot, Baker, to the kf, as he seems to be totally unable
to just stop feeding the troll.

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<sjmm42$6b7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12976&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12976

From: rso...@gmx.con (Richard Soul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
OS code sufficiently
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 12:36:34 +0100
 by: Richard Soul - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:36 UTC

On 07/10/2021 11:13, Wolffan wrote:
> On 2021 Oct 07, nospam wrote
> (in article<071020210244021308%nospam@nospam.invalid>):
>
>> In article<jNydnUWVio6RH8P8nZ2dnUU7-IPNnZ2d@supernews.com>, Bob
>> Campbell <none@none.none> wrote:
>>

>>> Ignore it and it will lose interest and go away.
>>
>> this one won't.
>
> killfile it and you won’t see it’s idiocy... unless an even greater idiot
> than it replies to that idiocy. my current kf entry for arlen has 19 nyms, I
> just add another when it tries another nym to get attention.

He's a long way to go before he catches up with ol' yellastain ;)

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<0001HW.270F1A4A01C977F4700000E1238F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12977&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12977

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 08:06:34 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad, misc.phone.mobile.iphone, comp.sys.mac.system
 by: Wolffan - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 12:06 UTC

On 2021 Oct 07, Richard Soul wrote
(in article <sjmm42$6b7$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

> On 07/10/2021 11:13, Wolffan wrote:
> > On 2021 Oct 07, nospam wrote
> > (in article<071020210244021308%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

> > > this one won't.
> >
> > killfile it and you won’t see it’s idiocy... unless an even greater
> > idiot
> > than it replies to that idiocy. my current kf entry for arlen has 19 nyms, I
> > just add another when it tries another nym to get attention.
>
> He's a long way to go before he catches up with ol' yellastain ;)

Our David is Special™. Very Special™. He’s in a category of stupid all
his own. Frankly, I’m surprised that he can walk and breathe at the same
time.

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<slrnslttm4.2ci8.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12980&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12980

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
OS code sufficiently
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 13:31:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 13:31 UTC

In message <0001HW.270F1A4A01C977F4700000E1238F@news.supernews.com> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
> On 2021 Oct 07, Richard Soul wrote
> (in article <sjmm42$6b7$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

>> On 07/10/2021 11:13, Wolffan wrote:
>> > On 2021 Oct 07, nospam wrote
>> > (in article<071020210244021308%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

>> > killfile it and you won’t see it’s idiocy... unless an even greater
>> > idiot
>> > than it replies to that idiocy. my current kf entry for arlen has 19 nyms, I
>> > just add another when it tries another nym to get attention.
>>
>> He's a long way to go before he catches up with ol' yellastain ;)

> Our David is Special™. Very Special™. He’s in a category of stupid all
> his own. Frankly, I’m surprised that he can walk and breathe at the same
> time.

David is a sociopath. I expect to see him on the news for some hideous
series of particularly gruesome crimes.

--
He glanced cautiously at the dancing shapes, which made weird and
worrying shapes on the far wall - strange biped animals, eldritch

Re: The fact remains, Apple has _never_ even once ever tested their OS code sufficiently

<0001HW.270FD91F01F6320270000153C38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12984&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12984

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 21:40:47 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad, misc.phone.mobile.iphone, comp.sys.mac.system
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 01:40 UTC

On 2021 Oct 07, Lewis wrote
(in article <slrnslttm4.2ci8.g.kreme@m1mini.local>):

> In message<0001HW.270F1A4A01C977F4700000E1238F@news.supernews.com> Wolffan
> <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
> > On 2021 Oct 07, Richard Soul wrote
> > (in article<sjmm42$6b7$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

> > > He's a long way to go before he catches up with ol' yellastain ;)
>
> > Our David is Special™. Very Special™. He’s in a category of stupid all
> > his own. Frankly, I’m surprised that he can walk and breathe at the same
> > time.
>
> David is a sociopath. I expect to see him on the news for some hideous
> series of particularly gruesome crimes.

I figure that he’s so stupid that he’d try, and fail, and get bundled off
to the local pokey until the Powers That Be worked out that he’s nuts as
well as stupid, and dropped him in a looney bin.