From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Google Offers to Help Apple Implement RCS Messaging on iOS
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:41:24 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:41 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> asked
>> intelligent adults own a belief system based on facts.
>
> then by your own metric, you confirm what everyone knows.

*What's revealing is apologists don't have any _adult_ response to facts.*

FACT:
<https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/data/en/apple-id/>
<https://www.apple.com/privacy>

"Certain data you store on your device will be automatically sent to
and stored by Apple. This data will include:
Contacts, Bookmarks, Calendars, Data from third-party apps that use
iCloud, Device and account settings, Documents, Health data, Home data,
Keychain and passwords, Notes, Photos, Reminders, Safari tabs
& Wallet data."

"Apple may obtain this information from your financial institution or
payment network, and also use it for fraud prevention and verification."

"Apple will collect certain data about your interactions, including your
clicks and taps, with your Apple ID account payment settings."

"We will use your IP address to determine the city and country from which
you are accessing the service."

"In some cases, your iCloud data may be stored using third-party partners'
servers. iCloud Keychain keeps your Safari website usernames and
passwords, credit card information, and Wi-Fi network information up to
date and available across all your devices. It can also store the account
information you use for Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Messages, Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn, and other internet accounts and automatically add this
information to all of your devices.

"If you use iCloud to share files either publicly or privately in Notes,
Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and certain third-party apps, Apple will store
and have access to the shared file. Your first and last name associated
with your account and the file name will be available to anyone who has
access to the sharing link, regardless of whether your share is private
or public."

"When you use Find My, your device's location, as well as information
about your device and your account will be sent to and retained by
Apple."

"When you sign in with your Apple ID on your iPhone, you will be signed in
to the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Music automatically.
Any purchases you choose to make will be recorded in our systems.
Your Apple Music listening history may be retained and used to help
provide personalized recommendations in Listen Now.".

When you sign in with your Apple ID on your iPhone, you will be signed in
to the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Music automatically. Any
purchases you choose to make will be recorded in our systems.

We will retain your Apple Music listening history which may be used to
help provide personalized recommendations in Listen Now.

If iTunes Match is available in your region and you use iTunes Match,
iCloud will collect information about media in your iTunes library,
and either match media to songs currently available in the iTunes Store
or upload songs that cannot be matched. If iTunes Match is available in
your region and you use iTunes Match, iCloud will collect information
about media in your iTunes library, and either match media to songs
currently available in the iTunes Store or upload songs that cannot be
matched."

Re: Google Offers to Help Apple Implement RCS Messaging on iOS

<sk70s3$k0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13017&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13017

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:18:24 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:18 UTC

Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> asked
> *What's revealing is apologists don't have any _adult_ response to facts.*
>
> FACT:
> <https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/data/en/apple-id/>
> <https://www.apple.com/privacy>

It's interesting how nospam never has any _adult_ response to actual facts.

It's as if he's used to dealing only with children who implicitly believe
what he says even as almost everything nospam claims is fabricated nonsense.

The fact is Apple mines plenty of your data, and the fact is you can't avoid
it because you need to log into the mother ship every moment of the day with
iOS (whereas, with Android, you don't need any login to the mother ship).
--
If you don't log into Apple, you can't download iOS apps sans jailbreaking.