You may call me by my name, Wirth, or by my value, Worth. -- Nicklaus Wirth

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

SubjectAuthor
* Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
+* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
|`* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetAnonymous
| `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
|  `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetjogblow
|   `- Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
`* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetFritz Wuehler
 `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetColin H. ?
  `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetAnonymous
   `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
    +- Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio
    `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetAnonymous
     `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetSEC3
      `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetFritz Wuehler
       +- Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetAnonymous
       `* Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetSEC3
        `- Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenetNomen Nescio

1
Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<ec01f47178b66cb4b596e2cb13b63c63@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13054&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13054

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 21:59:39 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 20:59 UTC

I'm really getting bugged with this stuff. Hardly any of my
QSL/Tor posts get through to usenet. Are there any middlemen that
maybe should be barred?

I've been using this stuff for years without such a ongoing
problem.

Something somewhere has gotten to suck.

- Don't start the Omnimix stuff, ok? -

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<7f805a4ecb867d6dc19ce05b665779af@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13055&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13055

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:36:29 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 22:36 UTC

In article <ec01f47178b66cb4b596e2cb13b63c63@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> I'm really getting bugged with this stuff. Hardly any of my
> QSL/Tor posts get through to usenet. Are there any middlemen that
> maybe should be barred?
>
> I've been using this stuff for years without such a ongoing
> problem.
>
> Something somewhere has gotten to suck.
>
> - Don't start the Omnimix stuff, ok? -

What does your template for posting look like?

(posted via QSL/Tor)

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<20221107.232027.a4de6bfb@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13056&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13056

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:20:27 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:20 UTC

On 11/7/2022 2:36 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> What does your template for posting look like?

What does your magic QSL template look like???????

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<20221108.004848.55af9138@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13057&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13057

From: fri...@spamexpire-202211.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:48:48 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:48 UTC

On 11/7/2022 12:59 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> I'm really getting bugged with this stuff. Hardly any of my
> QSL/Tor posts get through to usenet.

It ain't just you pal....

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<8ffa89b51c69d7105f33b95a852172b5@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13058&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13058

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:57:41 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:57 UTC

In article <20221107.232027.a4de6bfb@yamn.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> On 11/7/2022 2:36 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>

> > What does your template for posting look like?
>

> What does your magic QSL template look like???????

Host: snorky.mixmin.net:2525
From: bogus@gmail.com
Chain: *,*; copies=2;
To: mail2news@neodome.net,mail2news@dizum.com
Sign-On: anonymous.com

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<gq7jmh192mco6p2im7q6j96aco1fu92s1o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13059&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13059

From: Col...@freebot.org (Colin H. ?)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 18:17:07 -0600
 by: Colin H. ? - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:17 UTC

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:48:48 +0100, Fritz Wuehler
<fritz@spamexpire-202211.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:

>On 11/7/2022 12:59 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> I'm really getting bugged with this stuff. Hardly any of my
>> QSL/Tor posts get through to usenet.
>

>It ain't just you pal....

No, it's not. That's why I ain't using anon for this post.

I, too, don't get it. According to all those updated stats,
everything is copasetic. Not!

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<abajmh12oc3bh4hkhlsdtj2h3m0elgui33@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13060&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13060

From: jogb...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 19:01:27 -0600
 by: jogb...@invalid.com - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 01:01 UTC

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:57:41 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>In article <20221107.232027.a4de6bfb@yamn.paranoici.org>
>Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/7/2022 2:36 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>

>> > What does your template for posting look like?
>>

>> What does your magic QSL template look like???????
>

>Host: snorky.mixmin.net:2525
>From: bogus@gmail.com
>Chain: *,*; copies=2;
>To: mail2news@neodome.net,mail2news@dizum.com
>Sign-On: anonymous.com

My 'new' template is basically the same as all.

Fcc:
Host: mixmin
From: anonymous@anonymous.com
Chain: *,*,*,dizum; copies=5;
To: mail2news@dizum.com,mail2news@m2n.mixmin.net,mail2news@neodome.net

I used to use only3 copies, but I changed to 5 hoping it would help
things get posted. But it Didn't really work out that way.

Or

Fcc:
Host: mixmin
From: anonymous@anonymous.com
To: mail2news@dizum.com, mail2news@m2n.mixmin.net,
mail2news@neodome.net

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<fd318e91e4a312dd7fa600c02076ea13@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13061&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13061

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 03:18:47 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 02:18 UTC

In article <abajmh12oc3bh4hkhlsdtj2h3m0elgui33@4ax.com>
jogblow@invalid.com wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 00:57:41 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <20221107.232027.a4de6bfb@yamn.paranoici.org>
> >Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> What does your magic QSL template look like???????
> >

> >Host: snorky.mixmin.net:2525
> >From: bogus@gmail.com
> >Chain: *,*; copies=2;
> >To: mail2news@neodome.net,mail2news@dizum.com
> >Sign-On: anonymous.com
>
> My 'new' template is basically the same as all.
>
> Fcc:
> Host: mixmin
> From: anonymous@anonymous.com
> Chain: *,*,*,dizum; copies=5;
> To: mail2news@dizum.com,mail2news@m2n.mixmin.net,mail2news@neodome.net
>
> I used to use only3 copies, but I changed to 5 hoping it would help
> things get posted. But it Didn't really work out that way.
>
> Or
>
> Fcc:
> Host: mixmin
> From: anonymous@anonymous.com
> To: mail2news@dizum.com, mail2news@m2n.mixmin.net,
> mail2news@neodome.net

Try Chain: *,*; copies=2; without hardcoding dizum, just to see how it
goes.

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<20221108.052529.4b89af36@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13062&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13062

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 05:25:29 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 05:25 UTC

On 11/7/2022 4:17 PM, Colin H. ? wrote:

> I, too, don't get it. According to all those updated stats,
> everything is copasetic. Not!

I'm not a hater, and I'm not looking to pile on, but I can't get shit
to post successfully the way I used to.

This NG used to be pretty active. It's not so anymore because a lot of
folks simply can't get an anon post to go through.

Facts.

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<34159b12140d3c3f901d65e7258afd6a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13063&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13063

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 07:23:03 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 06:23 UTC

In article <20221108.052529.4b89af36@yamn.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> On 11/7/2022 4:17 PM, Colin H. ? wrote:
>
> > I, too, don't get it. According to all those updated stats,
> > everything is copasetic. Not!
>

> I'm not a hater, and I'm not looking to pile on, but I can't get shit
> to post successfully the way I used to.
>
> This NG used to be pretty active. It's not so anymore because a lot of
> folks simply can't get an anon post to go through.
>
> Facts.

Just my opinion - but I have the strong feeling the elite boys of apas
hated Christman's QSL from the beginning because it allowed the
average software dummy to enter the world of anon posting. I think the
enormous over the top push for the more complicated Omnimix with it's
seemingly 1,200 tabs of settings is being used to revert apas back to
the elites. If it weren't for that S3 guy, QSL would probably be gone.
Thanks to him, it's still available.

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<261e425f3cc48bd56d1868a0cabf4e2c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13064&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13064

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 13:49:38 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 12:49 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>In article <20221108.052529.4b89af36@yamn.paranoici.org>
>Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/7/2022 4:17 PM, Colin H. ? wrote:
>>
>> > I, too, don't get it. According to all those updated stats,
>> > everything is copasetic. Not!
>>

>> I'm not a hater, and I'm not looking to pile on, but I can't get shit
>> to post successfully the way I used to.
>>
>> This NG used to be pretty active. It's not so anymore because a lot of
>> folks simply can't get an anon post to go through.
>>
>> Facts.
>
>Just my opinion - but I have the strong feeling the elite boys of apas
>hated Christman's QSL from the beginning because it allowed the
>average software dummy to enter the world of anon posting. I think the
>enormous over the top push for the more complicated Omnimix with it's
>seemingly 1,200 tabs of settings is being used to revert apas back to
>the elites. If it weren't for that S3 guy, QSL would probably be gone.
>Thanks to him, it's still available.

As requested OM was completely ignored in this thread,
and now you jokester start ranting and raving about it?

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<20221108.163033.727c57ff@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13065&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13065

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 16:30:33 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 16:30 UTC

On 11/7/2022 10:23 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Just my opinion - but I have the strong feeling the elite boys of apas
> hated Christman's QSL from the beginning because it allowed the
> average software dummy to enter the world of anon posting. I think the
> enormous over the top push for the more complicated Omnimix with it's
> seemingly 1,200 tabs of settings is being used to revert apas back to
> the elites. If it weren't for that S3 guy, QSL would probably be gone.
> Thanks to him, it's still available.

No, man, it's really not like that. I know you're frustrated.
We all are.

In reality, if you've been around for awhile, was a time when Omnimix
was viciously attacked here and that is a true story. I recall those
days well. The online war between QSL proponents and OM users went on
for years. It was awful.

Finally, Richard made peace with Omnimix publicly here on apa-s and
publicly praised the OM project. True story.

I don't think anyone really cares what you use, honestly so don't feel
so threatened and intimidated.

I made the switch from QSL to OM a few years back. I did it only for
one reason:

OM is maintained and actively developed.

A few years back, the SSL/Heartbleed vulnerability was announced.

Richard had to change QSL and issued a new release.

There is no one around today to update QSL if it needed it.

SEC 3 is gracious enough to make QSL available for download, but
he does not maintain the code. No one does. Richard is gone.

I am convinced that if Richard was still around, he would have
integrated
Yamn into QSL.

QSL may still work, but it's a dead project sad to say.

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<zYvaL.1653348$wkZ5.591319@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13066&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13066

From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 12:02:23 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 17:02 UTC

On 2022-11-08 11:30, Anonymous wrote:
> On 11/7/2022 10:23 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> Just my opinion - but I have the strong feeling the elite boys of apas
>> hated Christman's QSL from the beginning because it allowed the
>> average software dummy to enter the world of anon posting. I think the
>> enormous over the top push for the more complicated Omnimix with it's
>> seemingly 1,200 tabs of settings is being used to revert apas back to
>> the elites. If it weren't for that S3 guy, QSL would probably be gone.
>> Thanks to him, it's still available.
>>

> No, man, it's really not like that. I know you're frustrated.
> We all are.
>
> In reality, if you've been around for awhile, was a time when Omnimix
> was viciously attacked here and that is a true story. I recall those
> days well. The online war between QSL proponents and OM users went on
> for years. It was awful.
>
> Finally, Richard made peace with Omnimix publicly here on apa-s and
> publicly praised the OM project. True story.
>
> I don't think anyone really cares what you use, honestly so don't feel
> so threatened and intimidated.
>
> I made the switch from QSL to OM a few years back. I did it only for
> one reason:
>
> OM is maintained and actively developed.
>
> A few years back, the SSL/Heartbleed vulnerability was announced.
>
> Richard had to change QSL and issued a new release.
>
> There is no one around today to update QSL if it needed it.
>
> SEC 3 is gracious enough to make QSL available for download, but
> he does not maintain the code. No one does. Richard is gone.
>
> I am convinced that if Richard was still around, he would have
> integrated
> Yamn into QSL.
>
> QSL may still work, but it's a dead project sad to say.

You took the words out of my mouth. It is a dead project. Untouched
since 2019 and collecting dust on my www.quicksilvermail.net mirror at
sec3.net. If I could code maybe I would maintain QSL. But that is beyond
my capabilities.

I would also add that if folks here are trying to use QSL without making
changes to its now very old configuration then this may well explain
some user's lack of success in getting messages delivered using QSL.

See
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.privacy.anon-server/c/LEylMdwpyA8/m/9shh_MyqAQAJ>

I like QSL. I use it on my Debian 11 desktop via Wine. It still works
pretty good for me.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<cfd7ed63d5696f726ed9b4e892d9ef5f@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13075&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13075

From: fri...@spamexpire-202211.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@frell.theremailer.net>.
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:29:48 +0100
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:29 UTC

In article <zYvaL.1653348$wkZ5.591319@fx11.ams1>
SEC3 <admin@sec3.net> wrote:

> You took the words out of my mouth. It is a dead project. Untouched
> since 2019 and collecting dust on my www.quicksilvermail.net mirror at
> sec3.net. If I could code maybe I would maintain QSL. But that is beyond
> my capabilities.

https://sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite.html

@SEC3:
It would be kind if you would put a link on your page
https://www.sec3.net/misc/

> I would also add that if folks here are trying to use QSL without making
> changes to its now very old configuration then this may well explain
> some user's lack of success in getting messages delivered using QSL.
>
> See
> <https://groups.google.com/g/alt.privacy.anon-server/c/LEylMdwpyA8/m/9shh_MyqAQAJ>

Yes. There have been some changes. Open qsl.defs.txt and adjust:

[settings]
statssource=tincture

[allpingers.txt]
url1=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sec3pinger/allpingers/mas
ter/allpingers.txt
url2=https://www.sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt

[homepage]
url1=https://www.sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite

[nymservers]
nym.mixmin.net=ghio
nymph.paranoici.org=ghio

Posted by QSL (Windows).

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<b41237b6fd9c7b56379be8c358d69533@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13077&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13077

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 17:31:56 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 17:31 UTC

On 11/10/2022 2:29 AM, Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> Yes. There have been some changes. Open qsl.defs.txt and adjust:
>
> [settings]
> statssource=tincture
>
> [allpingers.txt]
> url1=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sec3pinger/allpingers/mas
> ter/allpingers.txt
> url2=https://www.sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt
>

> [homepage]
> url1=https://www.sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite
>
> [nymservers]
> nym.mixmin.net=ghio
> nymph.paranoici.org=ghio
>

> Posted by QSL (Windows).

Thanks.

You might also want to post your working template.

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<D3tbL.1657450$wkZ5.105483@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13086&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13086

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:34:10 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 14:34 UTC

On 2022-11-10 05:29, Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> https://sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite.html
>
> @SEC3:
> It would be kind if you would put a link on your page
> https://www.sec3.net/misc/

Done.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

Re: Half my anon posts never make it through to usenet

<9a91ad62d6a741c649105622b317ad2e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13088&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13088

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 22:27:29 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 21:27 UTC

SEC3 <admin@sec3.net> wrote:

> On 2022-11-10 05:29, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>
> > https://sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite.html
> >
> > @SEC3:
> > It would be kind if you would put a link on your page
> > https://www.sec3.net/misc/
>
> Done.

Great, tks SEC3 .