Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:23:28 +0000
From: nore...@mixmin.net (Tincture)
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: Tincture pingers are down
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Tincture - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:23 UTC

I think what happened was my VPS server was halted suddenly and then
was brought back up. This happened sometime on Thursday. It must have
corrupted one or more of my Echolot files.

Tonight I replaced both the Mixmaster and YAMN pinger installations
with backups from 6 days ago.

The pingers now start up nicely!

The stats will look a little unusual, with a big empty space where
the results for the last 5 or 6 days ought to be. But the pingers are
up and working. They are sending and receiving pingd. The stats pages
are being updated every 5 minutes as expected.

You should be safe to use Tinture after about 24 hours from now.
On Sunday morning.

So sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

Tincture Mixmaster Pinger
https://www.tincture.ws/pinger/classic/
Tincture YAMN Pinger
https://www.tincture.ws/pinger/yamn/

Tinture WS
sysop@tincture.ws

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Tincture pingers are down

<20221112.192609.d429ad2c@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13094&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13094

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:26:09 +0000
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: Tincture pingers are down
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:26 UTC

On 11/12/2022 7:23 AM, Tincture wrote:

> You should be safe to use Tinture after about 24 hours from now.
> On Sunday morning.
>
> So sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

Thank you so much for running this service!!