From: valerio....@inwind.it (Valerio Vanni)
Newsgroups: comp.internet.services.google
Subject: Keep google user logged in
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 14:43:49 +0100
 by: Valerio Vanni - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:43 UTC

Is there a way to keep a google user logged in?

I have a Windows 10 machine that starts automatically and launches
Chrome.
Chrome home page is set on Google Calendar, so PC shows that calendar.

After a variable number of days, I find google user disconnected.
Chrome (or firefox, tried both) asks for "choose account", you confirm
on the only account shown, you confirm on password (that is saved, no
need to enter it) and the user is logged again.

But the PC has no physical user (no mouse / keyboard), users only look
at that calendar on a big screen.

Until someone connects with remote desktop and take the steps before,
the system is broken: user don't see the calendar page.

--
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone al mondo: quelle che capiscono il sistema binario
e quelle che non lo capiscono.

Re: Keep google user logged in

<uk4tvn$abmh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=130&group=comp.internet.services.google#130

From: mm+usene...@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.internet.services.google
Subject: Re: Keep google user logged in
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:37:42 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 14:37 UTC

Am 28.11.2023 um 14:43:49 Uhr schrieb Valerio Vanni:

> Until someone connects with remote desktop and take the steps before,
> the system is broken: user don't see the calendar page.

Can you access that calender via CalDAV?
You can use Thunderbird to display it, without any Google webpage
involved-

Re: Keep google user logged in

<g13fmit7fskt79khb1vov1c7vq684hji70@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=131&group=comp.internet.services.google#131

From: valerio....@inwind.it (Valerio Vanni)
Newsgroups: comp.internet.services.google
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:22:11 +0100
 by: Valerio Vanni - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:22 UTC

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:37:42 +0100, Marco Moock
<mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:

>> Until someone connects with remote desktop and take the steps before,
>> the system is broken: user don't see the calendar page.
>
>Can you access that calender via CalDAV?
>You can use Thunderbird to display it, without any Google webpage
>involved-

On a Thunderbird install, I use this addon to access google calendar.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/addon/provider-for-google-calendar/

It could be a way, I don't remember it has ever asked credentials
again.
But it's a big interface change. The main issue I see is that it
cannot see colors.

Users that manage calendar events on web interface set color according
to event type, and viewers see those color that categorize events.

But in Thunderbird (and in Outlook) you cannot see the colors set from
web.
All events have a single color.
Is there some properties that can be shared between Thunderbird and
Web interface? Or between Thunderbird and Outlook.
Users that manage calendar would be fine if they could insert events
from Outlook.