There *__is* no such thing as a civil engineer.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

SubjectAuthor
* Vampire Survivors - iPadJAB
+* Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadJustisaur
|`* Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadJAB
| `* Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadAnt
|  `- Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadJustisaur
+- Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadAnt
`- Re: Vampire Survivors - iPadPW

1
Vampire Survivors - iPad

<ucf723$14697$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13160&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13160

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Vampire Survivors - iPad
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:03:46 +0100
 by: JAB - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 10:03 UTC

Now free but ad supported (no option to pay to turn off) but that seems
to be watch an ad to revive yourself, what ever that means, and not
popping up during play.

It plays ok using touch in portrait mode but still feels a bit clunky.
I've actually enjoyed far more than I thought I would.

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<7f064f98-edd6-4693-b5eb-e579228375d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13168&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13168

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 08:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:59 UTC

On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 3:03:50 AM UTC-7, JAB wrote:
> Now free but ad supported (no option to pay to turn off) but that seems
> to be watch an ad to revive yourself, what ever that means, and not
> popping up during play.
>
> It plays ok using touch in portrait mode but still feels a bit clunky.
> I've actually enjoyed far more than I thought I would.

I saw that. I should give it a try, though I don't know it would be
very playable on my phone (I don't have a tablet.)

If you have Apple Arcade you might also be interested in TMNT:
Mutant Mayhem, as it's similar to Hades, which is somewhat
similar to VS, and on AA it's ad free. Unfortunately it's an exclusive
so you have to have the AA sub and be on an apple product (No
Bluestacks :( )

- Justisaur

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<uchmag$1kalu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13172&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13172

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:36:31 +0100
 by: JAB - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 08:36 UTC

On 27/08/2023 16:59, Justisaur wrote:
> On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 3:03:50 AM UTC-7, JAB wrote:
>> Now free but ad supported (no option to pay to turn off) but that seems
>> to be watch an ad to revive yourself, what ever that means, and not
>> popping up during play.
>>
>> It plays ok using touch in portrait mode but still feels a bit clunky.
>> I've actually enjoyed far more than I thought I would.
>
> I saw that. I should give it a try, though I don't know it would be
> very playable on my phone (I don't have a tablet.)

I suppose there's no harm in trying it on a phone but I don't feel it
will be very playable but if you just want a quick time filler for ten
or fifteen minutes maybe it would do the job.

> If you have Apple Arcade you might also be interested in TMNT:
> Mutant Mayhem, as it's similar to Hades, which is somewhat
> similar to VS, and on AA it's ad free. Unfortunately it's an exclusive
> so you have to have the AA sub and be on an apple product (No
> Bluestacks :( )

I have looked at Apple Arcade and even though there are a few games that
look interesting I just find the iPad is although good at many things
playing games isn't one of them. Something that I very quickly realised
is that after twenty minutes at most I kinda switch of and do something
else.

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<ZYWdnZu32uvsjXD5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13179&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13179

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 21:24:01 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 21:24 UTC

--
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." --Philippians 4:12. Hot week so far with colony's fevas 2 thxs 2 non-COVID19 vaccination shots & US Open.
| |o o| |

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<ZYWdnZq32us-jXD5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13180&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13180

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 21:24:51 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 21:24 UTC

JAB <noway@nochance.com> wrote:
> On 27/08/2023 16:59, Justisaur wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 3:03:50???AM UTC-7, JAB wrote:
> >> Now free but ad supported (no option to pay to turn off) but that seems
> >> to be watch an ad to revive yourself, what ever that means, and not
> >> popping up during play.
> >>
> >> It plays ok using touch in portrait mode but still feels a bit clunky.
> >> I've actually enjoyed far more than I thought I would.
> >
> > I saw that. I should give it a try, though I don't know it would be
> > very playable on my phone (I don't have a tablet.)
> >

> I suppose there's no harm in trying it on a phone but I don't feel it
> will be very playable but if you just want a quick time filler for ten
> or fifteen minutes maybe it would do the job.

I usually play games like that. Quick games when busy. :(

> > If you have Apple Arcade you might also be interested in TMNT:
> > Mutant Mayhem, as it's similar to Hades, which is somewhat
> > similar to VS, and on AA it's ad free. Unfortunately it's an exclusive
> > so you have to have the AA sub and be on an apple product (No
> > Bluestacks :( )
> >

> I have looked at Apple Arcade and even though there are a few games that
> look interesting I just find the iPad is although good at many things
> playing games isn't one of them. Something that I very quickly realised
> is that after twenty minutes at most I kinda switch of and do something
> else.

I refuse to get subscribe! :)
--
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." --Philippians 4:12. Hot week so far with colony's fevas 2 thxs 2 non-COVID19 vaccination shots & US Open.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<f534c11a-d54e-4a3a-9d33-6cbf12091986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13181&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13181

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 22:18 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 2:25:03 PM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
> JAB <no...@nochance.com> wrote:

> > > I saw that. I should give it a try, though I don't know it would be
> > > very playable on my phone (I don't have a tablet.)
> > >

> > I suppose there's no harm in trying it on a phone but I don't feel it
> > will be very playable but if you just want a quick time filler for ten
> > or fifteen minutes maybe it would do the job.
> I usually play games like that. Quick games when busy. :(
> > > If you have Apple Arcade you might also be interested in TMNT:
> > > Mutant Mayhem, as it's similar to Hades, which is somewhat
> > > similar to VS, and on AA it's ad free. Unfortunately it's an exclusive
> > > so you have to have the AA sub and be on an apple product (No
> > > Bluestacks :( )
> > >

> > I have looked at Apple Arcade and even though there are a few games that
> > look interesting I just find the iPad is although good at many things
> > playing games isn't one of them. Something that I very quickly realised
> > is that after twenty minutes at most I kinda switch of and do something
> > else.
> I refuse to get subscribe! :)

No way I would've, but comes with the wife, just like A-Prime :)

- Justisaur

Re: Vampire Survivors - iPad

<hlmqei9232k4fq0d3kqife6fqcbi0vfp3u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13182&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13182

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:41:34 -0600
 by: PW - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 02:41 UTC

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:03:46 +0100, JAB <noway@nochance.com> wrote:

>Now free but ad supported (no option to pay to turn off) but that seems
>to be watch an ad to revive yourself, what ever that means, and not
>popping up during play.
>
>It plays ok using touch in portrait mode but still feels a bit clunky.
>I've actually enjoyed far more than I thought I would.

*---

I haven't seen any ads yet. Works a little better with the Apple
Pencil becuase it is a smaller point than my finger :-)

-pw