From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Hero of the Kingdom II
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:48:35 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:48 UTC

Why, GOG! A free game? You're too good to us.

This time we get:

Hero of the Kingdom II
https://www.gog.com/en/game/hero_of_the_kingdom_ii
Despite it looking like a strategy game, HOTK2 is closer to a
'hidden-object' game, where you need to scour the map for tiny objects
to fulfil the needs of the quests and quest-givers. There's some
management in there too, but most of the time is spent pixel-hunting.
But the colorful graphics and casual gameplay belie the grind and the
game is surprisingly fun. It's not the sort of game I'd ever PAY for,
but free? Well worth it.

You've got two days to claim this one. Tick-tock people; The Number
(tm) must grow!

Re: FREE GAME: Hero of the Kingdom II

<uu0teipl08986o36ci5nf8sjktk0fhsc7b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13195&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13195

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Hero of the Kingdom II
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:49:04 -0600
 by: PW - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 23:49 UTC

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:48:35 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Why, GOG! A free game? You're too good to us.
>
>This time we get:
>
>Hero of the Kingdom II
>https://www.gog.com/en/game/hero_of_the_kingdom_ii
>Despite it looking like a strategy game, HOTK2 is closer to a
>'hidden-object' game, where you need to scour the map for tiny objects
>to fulfil the needs of the quests and quest-givers. There's some
>management in there too, but most of the time is spent pixel-hunting.
>But the colorful graphics and casual gameplay belie the grind and the
>game is surprisingly fun. It's not the sort of game I'd ever PAY for,
>but free? Well worth it.
>
>You've got two days to claim this one. Tick-tock people; The Number
>(tm) must grow!

*--

Added it. Thanks.

-pw

Re: FREE GAME: Hero of the Kingdom II

<TZ6dnd7ewduhG3P5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13196&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#13196

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 23:58:52 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 23:58 UTC

PW <iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:48:35 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Why, GOG! A free game? You're too good to us.
> >
> >This time we get:
> >
> >Hero of the Kingdom II
> >https://www.gog.com/en/game/hero_of_the_kingdom_ii
> >Despite it looking like a strategy game, HOTK2 is closer to a
> >'hidden-object' game, where you need to scour the map for tiny objects
> >to fulfil the needs of the quests and quest-givers. There's some
> >management in there too, but most of the time is spent pixel-hunting.
> >But the colorful graphics and casual gameplay belie the grind and the
> >game is surprisingly fun. It's not the sort of game I'd ever PAY for,
> >but free? Well worth it.
> >
> >You've got two days to claim this one. Tick-tock people; The Number
> >(tm) must grow!

> *--

> Added it. Thanks.

Not me. Not my type.
--
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" --Matthew 6:25. Hot week with slammy mawnies & 2 much Zs.
| |o o| |