Virtue is a relative term. -- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Photo transfers

SubjectAuthor
* Photo transfersJF Mezei
+* Re: Photo transfersnospam
|`- Re: Photo transfersLewis
+* Re: Photo transfersJim Gibson
|`* Re: Photo transfersJF Mezei
| `- Re: Photo transfersnospam
+- Re: Photo transfersLewis
`* Re: Photo transfersDiesel / Gremlin Kook
 `* Re: Photo transfersSTALKING_TARGET_92
  +- Re: Photo transfersSteve Carroll
  `- Re: Photo transfersSteve Carroll

1
Photo transfers

<W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13241&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13241

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
From: jfmezei....@vaxination.ca (JF Mezei)
Subject: Photo transfers
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 09:55:50 -0500
 by: JF Mezei - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:55 UTC

Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished disabling all the
unwanted fluff but tested photo transfer to my old mac with iPhoto.

So iPhone Xs with IOS 15.1
High Sierra Mac (so old stuff).

The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after
being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the
iPhone.

Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in
iPhone Photos.

When transfered via iPhoto:

the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to
list all exif data).

When transfered via Airdrop:

the caption text appears as "Image Description" in the exif data.

When transfered via Preview:

The caption is not part of the EXIF data.

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
library before I am allowed to do anything.

I tried using the Adobe import from Camera fundtion but it doesn't see
my iPhone (perhaps because it is alsready been seen by iPhoto and Preview).

It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG
includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer
Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.

So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your
workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your
desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.

Re: Photo transfers

<111120211033048194%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13242&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13242

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Photo transfers
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 10:33:04 -0500
 by: nospam - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:33 UTC

In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei
<jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

> Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
> library before I am allowed to do anything.

why the fuck are you still using iphoto?

it was replaced with a much better app long ago.

Re: Photo transfers

<iv59udFl57fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13244&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13244

From: jimsgib...@gmail.com (Jim Gibson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 11 Nov 2021 19:41:01 GMT
 by: Jim Gibson - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 19:41 UTC

On Nov 11, 2021 at 6:55:50 AM PST, "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca>
wrote:

> Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
> library before I am allowed to do anything.

Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible
format, but if I recall correctly (it has been years since I made the
conversion myself) Photos creates its own library and leaves the iPhotos one
untouched. Just today i found and deleted an old 20GB iPhotos library from my
laptop.

After Photos has converted your library to its own format, you can continue to
use iPhotos as long as you want using the old iPhotos library, but the two
libraries will be different, so pick one application and stick with it going
forward. You even get a little helpful hint from iPhoto when you run it that
its library has been converted to Photos and any changes made will not appear
in the Photos version.

Just to make sure, just copy your iPhotos library to an external disk before
you do the conversion.

--
Jim Gibson

Re: Photo transfers

<5vfjJ.5447$Z0a.3319@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13249&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13249

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
From: jfmezei....@vaxination.ca (JF Mezei)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:59:44 -0500
 by: JF Mezei - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:59 UTC

On 2021-11-11 14:41, Jim Gibson wrote:

> Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible
> format,

And that takes time, and then deleted the Photos stuff takes even more
time to ensure non fo the "production" iPhoto is touched. Apple makes it
easy to move from iPhoto to Photos not the other way around.

Once I am ready tomove off iPhoto, then I can spend the time to convert
my libreray once.

Doing all this work to test just one imjprt would be a pain. And I would
then have to find ways to foce import from iPhone to convert to JPEG so
photos that are importaned could be uised by photoshop etc. ( I haven't
found filters for CS6 to open/save Apple format images)

Re: Photo transfers

<slrnsor6ss.1nce.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13251&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13251

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:39:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:39 UTC

In message <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad> JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:
> Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished breaking things

#FTFY

> One must use Preview to delete the photos from the iPhone.

Nonsense.

> When transfered via iPhoto:

Perhaps you should use current software?

> Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
> library before I am allowed to do anything.

OHNOES! You ignorant jackass.

--
It's like saying Macbeth in a theatre, or Voldemort at Hogswarts, or...
... soccer in England.

Re: Photo transfers

<slrnsor6ud.1nce.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13252&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13252

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:40:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:40 UTC

In message <111120211033048194%nospam@nospam.invalid> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei
> <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

>> Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
>> library before I am allowed to do anything.

> why the fuck are you still using iphoto?

Because he's JF, and JF always has to do the dumbest thing for the
dumbest reasons in the dumbest way.

--
What beep from yonder speaker sounds?

Re: Photo transfers

<111120211935129959%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13254&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13254

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 19:35:12 -0500
 by: nospam - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:35 UTC

In article <5vfjJ.5447$Z0a.3319@fx17.iad>, JF Mezei
<jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

> > Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible
> > format,
>

> And that takes time, and then deleted the Photos stuff takes even more
> time to ensure non fo the "production" iPhoto is touched.

very little time.

> Apple makes it
> easy to move from iPhoto to Photos not the other way around.

that'e because iphoto has been dead for many years.

> Once I am ready tomove off iPhoto, then I can spend the time to convert
> my libreray once.

what are you waiting for?

Re: Photo transfers

<4eab0a13-40fe-433e-86d5-68e238589794n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13288&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13288

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 22:28:42 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Diesel / Gremlin Kook)
 by: Diesel / Gremlin Koo - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:28 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 7:55:54 AM UTC-7, JF Mezei wrote:
> Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished disabling all the
> unwanted fluff but tested photo transfer to my old mac with iPhoto.
>

> So iPhone Xs with IOS 15.1
> High Sierra Mac (so old stuff).
>
> The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after
> being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
> was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the
> iPhone.
>
> Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in
> iPhone Photos.
>
> When transfered via iPhoto:
>
> the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to
> list all exif data).
>

> When transfered via Airdrop:
>
> the caption text appears as "Image Description" in the exif data.
>

> When transfered via Preview:
>
> The caption is not part of the EXIF data.
>

> Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
> library before I am allowed to do anything.
>

> I tried using the Adobe import from Camera fundtion but it doesn't see
> my iPhone (perhaps because it is alsready been seen by iPhoto and Preview).
>

> It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG
> includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer
> Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.
>
> So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your
> workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your
> desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.

On topic discussions will not be seen once those of us here before the eternal
September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum
or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside,
we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone
to shill for him.

No-one gets it, I barely understand it.

Anyway, it won't matter because the name on a post is irrelevant, it's
the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow-
like crap. 2+2=

Really, those of you who troll are not able to restrain Snit anymore. Tizen
runs on the circuitry kernel. So yeah, circuitry is mobile. circuitry is
a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry
is growing in market share.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud

Re: Photo transfers

<065c4e22-2fc9-495b-bba1-f6e31e4e8e78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13290&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13290

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 04:21:00 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (STALKING_TARGET_92)
 by: STALKING_TARGET_92 - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:21 UTC

On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 11:28:44 PM UTC-7, STALKING_TARGET_92 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 7:55:54 AM UTC-7, JF Mezei wrote:
> > Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished disabling all the
> > unwanted fluff but tested photo transfer to my old mac with iPhoto.
> >

> > So iPhone Xs with IOS 15.1
> > High Sierra Mac (so old stuff).
> >
> > The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after
> > being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
> > was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the
> > iPhone.
> >
> > Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in
> > iPhone Photos.
> >
> > When transfered via iPhoto:
> >
> > the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to
> > list all exif data).
> >

> > When transfered via Airdrop:
> >
> > the caption text appears as "Image Description" in the exif data.
> >

> > When transfered via Preview:
> >
> > The caption is not part of the EXIF data.
> >

> > Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
> > library before I am allowed to do anything.
> >

> > I tried using the Adobe import from Camera fundtion but it doesn't see
> > my iPhone (perhaps because it is alsready been seen by iPhoto and Preview).
> >

> > It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG
> > includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer
> > Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.
> >
> > So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your
> > workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your
> > desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.
> On topic discussions will not be seen once those of us here before the eternal
> September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum
> or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside,
> we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone
> to shill for him.
>
> No-one gets it, I barely understand it.
>
> Anyway, it won't matter because the name on a post is irrelevant, it's
> the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow-
> like crap. 2+2=
>
> Really, those of you who troll are not able to restrain Snit anymore. Tizen
> runs on the circuitry kernel. So yeah, circuitry is mobile. circuitry is
> a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry
> is growing in market share.
>

> --
> Eight things to never feed your cat
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud
> https://www.bing.com/search?q=dustin+cook+the+functionally+illiterate+fraud
> Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

This is something you merely pretend to understand. I have not substantiated
that the number: (423) 491-1448 will be answered by Rod Speed.

Obviously, since folks here can call Rod Speed out (repeatedly), he's lied;
otherwise everyone else must be lying be about him, and I don't think Rod
Speed's willing to claim it is mass attack of himself and pretend that's
a conspiracy.

His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding.
And hey, that could work.

If you have 'file.doc' open in an editor such as emacs and Rod Speed wants
to change its name to 'windows.pdf' via a preset script when selecting a
VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting
of the LCD.

--
One Smart Penny
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot
Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

Re: Photo transfers

<b377c862-1127-49b9-8195-c825456a226cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13294&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13294

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 15:48:08 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Steve Carroll)
 by: Steve Carroll - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:48 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:21:02 AM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
> [...]
> Speed's willing to claim it is mass attack of himself and pretend that's
> a conspiracy.
>
> His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding.
> And hey, that could work.
>
> If you have 'file.doc' open in an editor such as emacs and Rod Speed wants
> to change its name to 'windows.pdf' via a preset script when selecting a
> VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting
> of the LCD.
>

> --
> One Smart Penny
> https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot
> https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-Warrior-Dr-Kingsport-TN-37663/42459578_zpid/
> https://swisscows.com/web?query=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22
> Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

With all the crowing Just Wondering's done on this topic, the 'Content
Manager' does not understand how to do this. It seriously takes a couple
seconds to select a selection and 'Google' it. Linux is a false advocate's
hero. It was Just Wondering who stated that he and his college buddies
used to steal candy from toddlers all the time and it was just fun. I think
the point is far from just to get innocent posters to listen to him. The
point is likely to piss me off for trolling outside groups he knows I frequent.
Just Wondering claimed the text mining were entirely consistent with many
of the socks. Well, why is he having such difficulty backing his assertion
up when asked to do so? In other words, if his statement was even mostly
correct, and not just a trolling attempt to come to Snits rescue?

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZeTJKpc3Y

Re: Photo transfers

<a2d26ef5-fcf9-444d-aef4-4265f738e6e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13297&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13297

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 01:10:21 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Steve Carroll)
 by: Steve Carroll - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 09:10 UTC

> [...]
> Speed's willing to claim it is mass attack of himself and pretend that's
> a conspiracy.
>
> His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding.
> And hey, that could work.
>
> If you have 'file.doc' open in an editor such as emacs and Rod Speed wants
> to change its name to 'windows.pdf' via a preset script when selecting a
> VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting
> of the LCD.
>

> --
> One Smart Penny
> https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot
> https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-Warrior-Dr-Kingsport-TN-37663/42459578_zpid/
> https://swisscows.com/web?query=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22
> Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

I'm not going to pretend Carroll did not assist me with Linux and I acknowledge
his knowledge. The Holy Ghost has this thread as an example and could begin
to sound like he is no longer complete ignorant from this day forward ;)
Um, in The Holy Ghost's 'view', that a PDF has been made public is "evidence"
that Carroll designed it now? Another successful Linux test. That is if
you count slow and buggy as a success.

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017
https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00166710/donors/2016