From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: Is this VPN any good?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 11:22:33 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 10:22 UTC

On Sat, 17 Dec 2022 20:41:47 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>On 12/17/2022 2:04 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> Is mullvad VPN better than Nord?
>>

>Yes, definitely, Mullvad is a better choice.

Can you explain why?
mullvad is based in a NATO country aka 14 eyes.

Re: Is this VPN any good?

<99c88e26cb5fa7ad68d13a026024d224@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13259&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13259

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 15:15:43 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 14:15 UTC

On 2022-12-18, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> mullvad is based in a NATO country aka 14 eyes.

As if that means anything or other.

I prefer Perfect Privacy, even if only because I met them at a CCC
congress. Good guys.

Re: Is this VPN any good?

<20221218.174708.e0b08e0a@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13266&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13266

From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:47:08 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:47 UTC

On 12/18/2022 2:22 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Dec 2022 20:41:47 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/17/2022 2:04 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>
>>> Is mullvad VPN better than Nord?
>>>

>> Yes, definitely, Mullvad is a better choice.
>>

> Can you explain why?
> mullvad is based in a NATO country aka 14 eyes.

Mullvad is good. So is Perfect Privacy and iVPN. They've been around
for a long time. They are all well regarded by privacy enthusiasts.
They have excellent reputations.

Gone are the days when there are "safe" countries and "non-safe"
countries.

Commit the wrong crime and you can, and will be hunted anywhere. Don't
forget tbat.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/mullvad-review-solid-security-and-privacy-but-swedish-jurisdiction-is-concerning/

"Mullvad says it doesn't log any of your activity when you use the
service. Your connection timestamps, IP addresses, DNS requests,
bandwidth and traffic are never logged or stored by the company,
according to its no-logging of user activity policy. If true, it means
none of that can be traced back to your account number and nothing you
do online when you use Mullvad can be traced back to you personally,
since none of your personal information is connected to your account
number. Unfortunately there's no way to verify with 100% certainty if a
VPN company's no-logs claims are accurate.

Although Mullvad says it doesn't log user IP addresses, when you
connect with Wireguard, your IP address is temporarily stored in memory
during the connection. Wireguard deletes the data when a server is
rebooted or the Wireguard interface restarts, but Mullvad takes it a
step further and says it removes and reapplies the peer if no handshake
has occurred within 600 seconds. (That's when your device and the VPN
server exchange encryption keys, establishing a secure connection.)
"Doing so removes the public IP address and any info about when it last
performed a handshake," Mullvad .

Keep in mind, any single-hop VPN provider knows everything about your
traffic. They know your originating IP address and they know the
destination of your traffic.