From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Eelbash Threatens To Monitor Posts Which Use His Remailer
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 22:20:30 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 21:20 UTC

So much for anonymity.

The google link is no longer available.
==============================
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&frame=right&th=6adb5be4f12874dd&seekm=39c412abcf6ea4fa208b99f83a568bf6%40dizum.com#link1

"...content must be looked at..."
- Eelbash/Cheshire

From: Nomen Nescio (nobody@dizum.com)
Subject: what Eelbash forgot to mention...
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: 2000/07/07

Below (for those of you who have become too sick from the recent ongoings on apas) is
yet another post from Eelbash. This one now "appends" his last "seeing the light" post
in which he forgot to tell us he is likely to monitor, censor and devulge user IDs/contents
which he finds disagreeable with his personal beliefs.

Now I will *not* jump the gun and make a decision which will affect the entire network
(I can learn from my mistakes, as some claim this was). However I IMPLORE ALL
other active remailer operators to GET INVOLVED. The implications of allowing
this to be an acceptable remailer-operator position are far reaching and profound.
While I understand that the remailer network should not be based on blind trust
(but on strong chains) I likewise believe that by allowing this as acceptable
remailer-op behavior we are damaging the reputability and sincerity of remailer
operators, setting a big brother/netcop style example to future remops (and tipping
the scales on what it means to be a rem-op and what it stands for), and if nothing
else allowing a blantant contradiction to the very reason remailers exist (to
allow an individual to be heard even if others do no like what you have to say).
This is most certainly laughable by remailer oposers, and a wonderful criticism
of them and the ideas and ideals upon which the are founded.

The remailer network needs to band together and make a group decision
what should be done. I urge many of the "old school" rem-ops to get involved
(especially these) as they have been around the longest (means theyve been
doing somthing right) and will likely be able to aid in leading the way to a decision
and/or solution about this. (Im thinking particularly of: LCS/nym, EFGA, DeJoode)

Ill make no decisions/blocks/whatevers on my own, but humbly ask for discussion
from the whole. Ive made some short replys to eelbash in his post (if he cares to read)

- -Orange Admin

On , eelbash-admin@excite.com wrote:
>By the way, boys, I apologize in advance, but in throwing away the naughty
>French version of Reliable, and going back to the good old American
>version, I neglected to say that I make no representations as to the length
>of time that will pass before I again embrace the delectable French
>Reliable.

This seems to be a very convienient ommital from your original
"repenting". One aimed mainly at removing these blocks and having
you re-added to stats.

>If I see too many instances of nastiness showing up on the net, I may feel
>the need to jump back in and start monitoring again; blocking follows from
>that ('censorship' to the Shyster); and after that, making known the id of
>the scumbags responsible.

what about your being "wrong, wrong, wrong...."? Seems this was all
but a manipulative move to have eelbash readopted (it really tipped
the sincerity scales). Would it be so inappropriate for me to start
jumping up and down screaming "lair! liar!" now? This seems to be
the maturity with which you are dealing with the situation and shows
your lack of respect for the levity of the situation.

If there was any doubt for anyone before: notice the complete admital
of eel admin willingness to expose users he finds personally disagreeable.
If you dont want to let people with opinions different from yours have
free speech might I suggest that you shut down your remailer and
officially join remailer oposition. It is enevitable that people who
you dont like will use your service....its just one of those things youve
got to accept.

>It goes without saying that more sophisticated
>monitoring will follow: keyword searches of content; monitoring the input
>to the remailer, etc., etc.

Eelbash&Frog, Inc. developing spyware to nulify the remailer networks
efforts EST 2000. I can see the banner now....

>I can say that I will never jeopardize or invade the privacy of legitimate
>users, but people I suspect of being in the scumbag catergory, and it is I
>who must decide who is or is not a scumbag, have, in my humble opinion, no
>right to privacy: I will track them down like the skunks they are.

And you will NEVER "accidentally" read an innocent users email right?
You will never accidentally expose the wrong person when chasing your
precious scumbags through your useless flame wars (as you have possilby
already done) right? These promises are a joke and an impossibility using
your monitoring tools and your methods.

>And, yes, I think that content is something that must be looked at, and
>when it is found to fall into the scumbag category (according to my
>judgement), may and will be used to censor the post: I will not (I mean,
>possibly, and in the future) allow Eelbash to be used as a conduit for
>every species of filth).

Now you will determine the acceptability level of content? What if I decide
to make some usenet posts about how much I hate cats and this offends
you (and yer little kitty)? I guess your right to silence me outwieghts my right
to speak my mind (because im using your pseudo-anonymous remailer)?

>At the moment I don't have to tools to do the job properly: a keyword
>search program is needed, but when I do, the temptation to use it may be
>overwhelming.

Thank god your not a programmer (obvious from your IPworks/reliable
compilation woes). Hopfully your programming ability is as strong as
your ethical fucundity.....

>Please note that none of this is the case now: I am simply reserving the
>right to do it at some time in the future.

Yes, "oops, sorry I forgot to mention when I was stating how wrong wrong wrong
I was, that I didnt really mean Id stop like I said I would since I was so very wrong"
Im sure this was an innocent and completely accidental omission.

>Think about it: American society has become so degraded that 'motherfucker'
>is now a term of endearment! Unfortunately, the US seems to have a large
>influence on other Western countries, and I don't doubt that 'motherfucker'
>is also a term of endearment in many other nations, or is at least
>considered a benign word of greeting and reference.

Now you just sound like a lunatic.
Besides what do you care about the state of the US as a Canadian?

"...AND SO our hero, Eelbash-admin and his censoring/monitoring/scum-bag
exposing remailer went to rid the world of all that was not acceptable
to the white middleclass suburbanite! (but only ended up damaging free speech)"

>Do you want the remailers to be a part of this? Do you want to lie down
>with the lice and get lousy, or do you want to apply the bug spray of
>monitoring and censorship to destroy the little bastards?

I want to let people say what they want to say with privacy and anonymity.
If this means lying down with the lice, then sure, whatever.

>Even if you are one of the lice, remailers that follow such an
>irresponsible course will, eventually, bring down the wrath of the public
>and politicians, and end up legislated out of existence.

Heh, this is a strangely revealing argument. "If we dont clean up our users
language well be shut down".....I dont think it legal to legislate shutting
remailers up in the US. (I supose eelbash can try to do this next)

>Of course, remailers are klunky, and something like Publius, or WOF, will
>probaby soon replace them.; I'm not sure how they work, but have the
>feeling it will become more difficult for right-minded operators to do
>their good work. That will probably hasten the demise of Publius and WOF,
>along with all other remailers.

This shows how little grasp you have on the situation (and your own actions).
Rprocess: PLEASE HURRY ON WOF!!!
Eelbash-admin: FYI->once WOF is up you cant take it down
(each user is a small remailer) You cant censor/shutdown 100000 mini
remailers linked together.

>My apolgies again for misleading you, perhaps.

Perhaps Indeed.

- -Orange Admin

Re: Eelbash Threatens To Monitor Posts Which Use His Remailer

<20221227.030937.482b55de@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13298&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13298

From: fri...@spamexpire-202212.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 03:09:37 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 02:09 UTC

On 12/26/2022 1:20 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> "...content must be looked at..."
> - Eelbash/Cheshire

Re: Eelbash Threatens To Monitor Posts Which Use His Remailer

<874205a5849dc5a55640807b96663184@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13342&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13342

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 19:47:46 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 18:47 UTC

RIP Boschaloo or whatever its name was.

Re: Eelbash Threatens To Monitor Posts Which Use His Remailer

<5aeb8a66f87c91f457ecd2a22f0fd567@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13344&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13344

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 00:02:19 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 23:02 UTC

In article <874205a5849dc5a55640807b96663184@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> RIP Boschaloo or whatever its name was.

What was Boschaloo/Eelbash's name?

He used quite a few in an effort to hide his remailer shenanigans

For example -

Frog Jr., Prince Cheshire/Asmodeous of apa-s

(aka eelbash, axolotl, axolotl2, cheshire, bog, bogg, congo, bushwa,
greatwall, asmodeus, parsifal, noetic, eelbash, eelbash, eelbash, noetic,
aaabbc, razelka, eelbash)