The heart is not a logical organ. -- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

SubjectAuthor
* OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSAnonymous
+- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSAnonymous
`* Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSAnonymous
 +- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSAnonymous
 `* Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSNomen Nescio
  +* Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSmixmaster remailer
  |+- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSNomen Nescio
  |+* Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSNomen Nescio
  ||`- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSYamn Remailer
  |`- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSNomen Nescio
  `- Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMSNomen Nescio

1
OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<540b2835b189d8625925c8b9f0b7f579@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13309&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13309

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:49:37 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:49 UTC

After the modification of paranoia nymserver key,
I can sent succesful, but I don't receive messages, no more.
I updated the nymserver key following this tips:

At May 2022 someone asked what to do after e nymserver key renewal.
Someone kindly answered this:

#############################

Anything I have to do after a nymserver key renewal?

Only for sending messages to or through the nymserver.
Processing of incoming messages shouldn't be affected.

Add the new key to the Nym Configurator | Nym Routing | Keys - Server
list. Then, after selecting your nym at the Nym Accounts list,
double-click that newly imported key to replace the old Nym Server
entry
and click Modify at the Nym Accounts tab to save your changes.
#############################

This worked well in order to send messages.
Have I to do something in order to receive messages?
Or, maybe, there are a problem on the paranoia server?

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<dac4745ac5ff375885dabc3544e36ae1@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13312&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13312

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:41:43 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:41 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> After the modification of paranoia nymserver key,
> I can sent succesful, but I don't receive messages, no more.
> I updated the nymserver key following this tips:
>
> At May 2022 someone asked what to do after e nymserver key renewal.
> Someone kindly answered this:
>
> #############################
>
> Anything I have to do after a nymserver key renewal?
>
> Only for sending messages to or through the nymserver.
> Processing of incoming messages shouldn't be affected.
>
> Add the new key to the Nym Configurator | Nym Routing | Keys - Server
> list. Then, after selecting your nym at the Nym Accounts list,
> double-click that newly imported key to replace the old Nym Server
> entry
> and click Modify at the Nym Accounts tab to save your changes.
> #############################
>
> This worked well in order to send messages.
> Have I to do something in order to receive messages?
> Or, maybe, there are a problem on the paranoia server?

Looks like a server problem, its admin has to take care of.

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<41c0aa59179749bab3091bc41c2176b5@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13337&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13337

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 13:24:51 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 13:24 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> After the modification of paranoia nymserver key,
> I can sent succesful, but I don't receive messages, no more.
> I updated the nymserver key following this tips:
>
> At May 2022 someone asked what to do after e nymserver key renewal.
> Someone kindly answered this:
>
> #############################
>
> Anything I have to do after a nymserver key renewal?
>
> Only for sending messages to or through the nymserver.
> Processing of incoming messages shouldn't be affected.
>
> Add the new key to the Nym Configurator | Nym Routing | Keys - Server
> list. Then, after selecting your nym at the Nym Accounts list,
> double-click that newly imported key to replace the old Nym Server
> entry
> and click Modify at the Nym Accounts tab to save your changes.
> #############################
>
> This worked well in order to send messages.
> Have I to do something in order to receive messages?
> Or, maybe, there are a problem on the paranoia server?

I think there's some problem because even if the key expiry date has been
extended I see warnings about expired secret key,
but if I check with gnupg the key seems ok,
I haven't figured out where the problem exactly is, not yet.

I have updated the reply block of an old test nym, and now it works for receiving,
(+acksend -signsend -cryptrecv)
I should check if it works even with +signsend but have no much time for extended tests
now,
otherwise I could generate new keys, but I'd like to understand the problem before trying this.

There are also warnings when messages are received:
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base/IO/Select.pm line 68
this seems to be unrelated to the problem reported, but it's an alarm bell, the nymserver script
is getting old and is unmantained, sooner or later it will stop working....

paranoia remailer admin

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<778d5696f5a2a43eb1ddd436e9805029@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13338&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13338

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:48:41 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:48 UTC

Paranoia remailer admin wrote:

>Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>
>> After the modification of paranoia nymserver key,
>> I can sent succesful, but I don't receive messages, no more.
>> I updated the nymserver key following this tips:
>>
>> At May 2022 someone asked what to do after e nymserver key renewal.
>> Someone kindly answered this:
>>
>> #############################
>>
>> Anything I have to do after a nymserver key renewal?
>>
>> Only for sending messages to or through the nymserver.
>> Processing of incoming messages shouldn't be affected.
>>
>> Add the new key to the Nym Configurator | Nym Routing | Keys - Server
>> list. Then, after selecting your nym at the Nym Accounts list,
>> double-click that newly imported key to replace the old Nym Server
>> entry
>> and click Modify at the Nym Accounts tab to save your changes.
>> #############################
>>
>> This worked well in order to send messages.
>> Have I to do something in order to receive messages?
>> Or, maybe, there are a problem on the paranoia server?
>
>I think there's some problem because even if the key expiry date has been
>extended I see warnings about expired secret key,
>but if I check with gnupg the key seems ok,
>I haven't figured out where the problem exactly is, not yet.
>
>I have updated the reply block of an old test nym, and now it works for receiving,
>(+acksend -signsend -cryptrecv)
>I should check if it works even with +signsend but have no much time for extended tests
>now,
>otherwise I could generate new keys, but I'd like to understand the problem before trying this.
>

>There are also warnings when messages are received:
>Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base/IO/Select.pm line 68
>this seems to be unrelated to the problem reported, but it's an alarm bell, the nymserver script
>is getting old and is unmantained, sooner or later it will stop working....
>

>paranoia remailer admin

Many thanks for your efforts, and a happy New Year!

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<99df38519a304c2f58a7221ba40b1803@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13371&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13371

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:54:26 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 10:54 UTC

> paranoia remailer admin

It seems to work now.
I'm receiving some messages to my nym.

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<slrntrojlr.1ihrt.remailer-admin@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13376&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13376

From: remailer...@remailer.paranoici.org (mixmaster remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 17:28:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: mixmaster remailer - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 17:28 UTC

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<db9b824a0544e31e254d2c00401cffb2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13378&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13378

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 20:35:23 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:35 UTC

> It seems to work now.
> I'm receiving some messages to my nym.

Sorry, my error, I use nym.mixmin.net

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<b2ab3ca6ed6065b507e8f3c8092b9167@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13380&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13380

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 21:00:27 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 20:00 UTC

> yes, I've made several tests in the latest days with 3 different nyms with
> different configurations (acksend, cryptsend, signsend), and all are
> working now. I've set new reply-blocks, so in case of problems this seems to
> help.

But you receive on alt.anonymous.messages or you receive on your
personal mail?
I received on alt.anonymous.messages but after 17 december I
don't receive anymore messages (the last was on 17 december, after
this date no messages).

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<2214f7c2ba367899155cd30b282e3bc2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13386&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13386

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:07:14 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 11:07 UTC

> yes, I've made several tests in the latest days with 3 different nyms with
> different configurations (acksend, cryptsend, signsend), and all are
> working now. I've set new reply-blocks, so in case of problems this seems to
> help.

I didn't use reply block, I sent directly on A.A.M.
Maybe the nymserver send to AAM using the old key expired?
Or maybe the server send to AAM signing o alterating in some way the
messages and so I can't find them anymore?

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<20230110.085640.bcbe7c1b@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13387&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13387

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net D39773FE6B
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 08:56:40 -0500
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:56 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>> yes, I've made several tests in the latest days with 3 different nyms with
>> different configurations (acksend, cryptsend, signsend), and all are
>> working now. I've set new reply-blocks, so in case of problems this seems to
>> help.
>
>I didn't use reply block, I sent directly on A.A.M.
>Maybe the nymserver send to AAM using the old key expired?
>Or maybe the server send to AAM signing o alterating in some way the
>messages and so I can't find them anymore?

Update your nym with a 'create?' command and it will recover.

Re: OMNIMIX AND PARANOIA NYMS

<1d9e98b72ec819ad63a5f34508b8d209@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13396&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13396

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:19:35 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 21:19 UTC

> yes, I've made several tests in the latest days with 3 different nyms with
> different configurations (acksend, cryptsend, signsend), and all are
> working now. I've set new reply-blocks, so in case of problems this seems to
> help.

Ok, it worked in this way:
in Omnimix use ModNym tab, then choose the nym account
and select "Modify the selected nym account" then press SEND.