Subject: SMTP servers
From: obi...@dizum.com
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 22:39:10 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: obi...@dizum.com - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:39 UTC

When using a remailer, one can add an additional layer of security by
sending one's remailer message (whether it be cpunk, mixmaster, or
yamn) to an SMTP server, over a torrified connection. The first hop
should be the remailer associated with the SMTP server, which the SMTP
server is guaranteed to deliver to. From there, it proceeds through
the rest of the chain.

The SMTP servers which I have found to work, and the ports on which
they listen are:

SMTP Remailer Remailer Address SMTP Address Ports
mixrelay hsub hsub@mixmaster.mixmin.net mixrelay.mixmin.net 25, 587, 2525
frell frell godot@remailer.frell.eu.org mail2.frell.eu.org 25, 587, 2525
dizum dizum remailer@dizum.com smtp.dizum.com 25

If anyone knows of other other active SMTP servers, please post them
to this thread.

If there is already a list available on line that I do not know of,
please post a url. I know that there was such a site many years ago.

Perhaps an occasional post concerning SMTP server status to
alt.privacy.anon-server.stats would be desireable.

Thanks

obie

Re: SMTP servers

<038854cfadbaaa94ef60b24ef2256999@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13335&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13335

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: SMTP servers
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:01:35 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:01 UTC

obie@dizum.com wrote:

>When using a remailer, one can add an additional layer of security by
>sending one's remailer message (whether it be cpunk, mixmaster, or
>yamn) to an SMTP server, over a torrified connection. The first hop
>should be the remailer associated with the SMTP server, which the SMTP
>server is guaranteed to deliver to. From there, it proceeds through
>the rest of the chain.
>
>The SMTP servers which I have found to work, and the ports on which
>they listen are:
>
>SMTP Remailer Remailer Address SMTP Address Ports
>mixrelay hsub hsub@mixmaster.mixmin.net mixrelay.mixmin.net 25, 587, 2525
>frell frell godot@remailer.frell.eu.org mail2.frell.eu.org 25, 587, 2525
>dizum dizum remailer@dizum.com smtp.dizum.com 25
>
>If anyone knows of other other active SMTP servers, please post them
>to this thread.
>
>If there is already a list available on line that I do not know of,
>please post a url. I know that there was such a site many years ago.
>
>Perhaps an occasional post concerning SMTP server status to
>alt.privacy.anon-server.stats would be desireable.
>
>Thanks
>
>obie

A list of Mixmaster remailer related SMTP servers along with the ports
they listen to can be found at <https://sec3.net/misc/TLS-info.html>,
though the last update was on Mon Oct 3 2022.

And there are lists of mail servers relaying to Mixmaster / Yamn
remailers at <https://www.sec3.net/misc/mail-relays.txt>, last updated
on Fri Nov 4 2022.

I have them in OmniMix at the "Nym Stats" and "MX Srv" tabs.

OM for example tries to deliver remailer packets first according to
nameserver requests to the respective remailer related SMTP host, and
finally the failing ones to one of the relaying mailservers (see the
AnonMailS tab), all through Tor connections.