From: thedeerh...@movie.uni (TDH1978)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: iCloud on macOS High Sierra...
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 22:37:26 -0500
 by: TDH1978 - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:37 UTC

I have a 2010 17" MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).

I noticed recently that the Photos application no longer shows my
Shared Albums. When I go to 'Photos > Preferences > iCloud', I get the
error messages:

"Error retrieving iCloud Status."

When I then go to 'System > System Preferences... > iCloud' I get a
never-ending spinning beach ball. I then have to use Force Quit from
the Activity Monitor to kill System Preferences.

Please note that I can open Safari on my MacBook Pro and log into my
iCloud account without problems.

Also, I have a 2015 iPad Pro and a 2018 iPhone X and I have no problems
with my iCloud account and Photos Shared Albums on those devices.

Does anyone know what may have happened to my iCloud account on the
2010 MacBook Pro?

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / iCloud on macOS High Sierra...