The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

SubjectAuthor
* Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about AppAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutYour Name
| `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATERocketSurgeon
|   `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|    `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATERocketSurgeon
|     `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|      `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|       +- OT: Why must he always post these things twice? (was Re: AdultAlan
|       +- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE-hh
|       `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|        `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - theyJolly Roger
|         `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|          +* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - theyJolly Roger
|          |`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|          `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - theyJolly Roger
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because -badgolferman
|+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
||`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboJolly Roger
|| `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| +* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because -badgolferman
| |`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| | +* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
| | |`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutnospam
| | | `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because -badgolferman
| | |  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| | |   `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATERocketSurgeon
| | `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because -badgolferman
| |  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| |   `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because -badgolferman
| |    +* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - theyJolly Roger
| |    |`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutnospam
| |    `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEJohn
|  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|   `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|    +- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|    `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
|     +- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATERocketSurgeon
|     `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATERocketSurgeon
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEJoerg Lorenz
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutnospam
| `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|  +* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
|  |`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutnospam
|  | `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|  |  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
|  |   `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutnospam
|   `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEJoerg Lorenz
| `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan Browne
|  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutcris
|   `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|    `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - theyJolly Roger
|   `- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATEAlan
`- Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts aboutWally J

Pages:123
Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<220120231332363388%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12813&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12813

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 13:32:36 -0500
 by: nospam - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 18:32 UTC

In article <tqju6u$1p2r$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I checked Steve's resume and he _does_ have an EE degree, as do I (among
> others), where you are too uneducated to know how hard EE degrees are.

i see you're digging yourself another hole.

> They're _extremely_ difficult to earn, as the math and physics involved is
> deeply complex -

maybe for you it's '_extremely- difficult' and 'deeply complex'.

> which means Steve has the ability to comprehend details.

what he has is the ability to blatantly lie about details while
sounding like he knows what he's talking about. if you actually had an
ee degree (and weren't also a liar), you'd realize just how full of
shit he is.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tqk5vp$16ur$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12822&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12822

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:23:32 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:23 UTC

nospam wrote:

> In article <tqju6u$1p2r$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
> <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>

>> I checked Steve's resume and he _does_ have an EE degree, as do I (among
>> others), where you are too uneducated to know how hard EE degrees are.
>
> i see you're digging yourself another hole.

Look nospam, I'm not ashamed (like you are) to admit what degrees I have,
and what degrees I do not have - where you think it's embarrassing to admit
what you don't know - but I find no shame in admitting what I do not know.

I looked up Steve's resume (which, after all, you must know is not hard to
find on the Internet due to his previous political employment) and it says
he has an EE degree. I believe he has that degree, a priori, & you don't.

I told you on what basis I believe that Steve has earned an EE degree.
Now you tell us all on what basis you have assessed that he has not?

>> They're _extremely_ difficult to earn, as the math and physics involved is
>> deeply complex -
>
> maybe for you it's '_extremely- difficult' and 'deeply complex'.

Hehhehheh.... Just like when "Chris" told me he had a PhD in the life
sciences, and yet Chris ridiculed the use of "vehicle" in immunology, which
is about as common a scientific term in microbiology as xtor is in EE.

What's revealing about you poorly educated iKooks, nospam, and what you
just revealed yourself, is you just don't know how much you don't know.

Since you do NOT have any degree, let alone an EE degree (which, let's face
it, is one of the hardest undergraduate degrees to earn, bar none), you
don't have any clue how difficult the topics are in the EE curriculum.

*You're too ignorant*, nospam, to *realize how ignorant you truly are.*

>> which means Steve has the ability to comprehend details.
>
> what he has is the ability to blatantly lie about details while
> sounding like he knows what he's talking about.

I agree with you that Steve makes it sound like he is an expert in cellular
coverage, & yet, he either lied or was ignorant _all_ his FCC maps didn't
say what he said they said (none had _any_ 5G coverage, for example).

Who _lies_ that brazenly?
Who _lies_ that repeatedly?
Who has _never_ admitted his lies, even after we proved them beyond doubt?

Steve.
That's who.

I agree with you that Steve tries to come off as an "expert", and, indeed,
he's pretty damn good at finding good deals, although they're complex as
hell as he's a Verizon-wanna-be using all sorts of MVNOs to get there.

Since I'm an adult (unlike you iKooks), I can easily also agree with you
that Steve comes across as an expert in things like fingerprint readers,
and Face-ID gimmicks, and, in particular, the Covid trackers, which I went
head to head against him and demolished his point of view simply because
Steve does NOT also have a degree in the life sciences, as I do.

Nobody on this newsgroup will I let get away with all that covid nonsense
they came up with - where - with Steve - it was all his political bullshit.

In addition to Steve's wacko far-to-the-left politics with smartphones and
covid, Steve is strangely pro Apple in terms of sleazily changing the
search criteria to NOT prove the vast majority of new Android models have
either portable memory slots or wired headphone slots - two thirds of which
have both. For some reason, Steve is _desperate_ to deny that simple fact.

We can go on, like when Steve just today claimed that the iPhones break so
often (battery, screen & lightning port) that people tend to just replace
them instead of repairing them - and yet - Steve never put any repair costs
into his specious claims that iPhones cost less to own than Androids do.

Just as Steve did when he tried to show the vast majority of Android do not
have what they actually have, in his haste to create a false pre-determined
stand on total ownership costs, Steve _completely ignored_ all the Android
models which do have lower costs of ownership than the flagship models
might.

To Steve, and to you despicable iKooks, the end justifies the means.
And the end, to both Steve and the iKooks, is to promulgate a brazen lie.

At least I always strive to maintain the God's honest truth.
This is something you can't fathom nospam.

To you, it's unfathomable someone would have the credibility I have
because, in your deceitful mind, any lie is fair game to promote if it
serves your cause of defending Apple to the death, like a Samurai.

> if you actually had an
> ee degree (and weren't also a liar), you'd realize just how full of
> shit he is.

First off, your claim that I'm not an EE is now based on the fact that I
don't realize how "full of shit" Steve often is when he posts here?

Are you really that stupid, nospam?
Seriously.

*How many times have I criticized Steve for the things he has said?*

This would be shocking for a normal person to make that claim.
But you're an iKook after all.

*Ignorant of everything you iKooks always prove to be.*

That you are completely ignorant of all that is no longer shocking nospam.

Every argument from you is so easily shot down that it's how I know you
don't own the IQ or education of a normal person, nospam. Seriously.

--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to respond that Steve _can_ handle detail.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tqk65c$38051$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12823&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12823

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE
facts about Apple
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 12:26:20 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:26 UTC

On 2023-01-22 12:23, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>> In article <tqju6u$1p2r$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
>> <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I checked Steve's resume and he _does_ have an EE degree, as do I (among
>>> others), where you are too uneducated to know how hard EE degrees are.
>>
>> i see you're digging yourself another hole.
>
> Look nospam, I'm not ashamed (like you are) to admit what degrees I have,

What degree you CLAIM to have, you mean.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<220120231537262931%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12825&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12825

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:37:26 -0500
 by: nospam - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:37 UTC

In article <tqk5vp$16ur$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Who _lies_ that brazenly?
> Who _lies_ that repeatedly?
> Who has _never_ admitted his lies, even after we proved them beyond doubt?

what reflective surfaces do you have in close proximity?

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<220120231537272990%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12826&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12826

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:37:27 -0500

In article <tqk65c$38051$3@dont-email.me>, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> > I'm not ashamed (like you are) to admit what degrees I have,
>
> What degree you CLAIM to have, you mean.

by using photos of long outdated books.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tqkb43$1d4o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12832&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12832

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:51:11 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:51 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> I'm not ashamed (like you are) to admit what degrees I have,
>>
>> What degree you CLAIM to have, you mean.
>
> by using photos of long outdated books.

It's interesting that you iKooks are so ignorant, that you don't realize
any textbook I've used on my degrees, _must_ be older books to be credible.

Hence, you iKooks are so ignorant that while you recognize my textbooks
are old, you can't comprehend that they would have to be old to be from my
college days.

Also, I only see Alan Baker's kindergarten responses when people quote
them, but what's no longer amazing is he blurts out the most childish
of retorts to _everything_ he hates about Apple product lines.

It's like he a retarded child, and, in fact, it may be that he is.

You iKooks all bait, like a dumb mouse greedily eying the loaded mousetrap,
where you actually think it's "witty" to make your kindergarten responses
which is how I know you own the thought process of a mere child, nospam.

It's why you never recognize the glue trap Apple craftily laid for you.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tqkbe2$1hb9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12833&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12833

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:56:30 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:56 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Who _lies_ that brazenly?
>> Who _lies_ that repeatedly?
>> Who has _never_ admitted his lies, even after we proved them beyond doubt?
>
> what reflective surfaces do you have in close proximity?

Every response from you, nospam, is that of a retarded child.
Seriously.

Grow up.

I agreed with you that Steve wants to come across as an expert.
Just accept that I agreed with you and leave it at that.

What all you iKooks lack, nospam, is any semblance of adult balance.

Like your assessment of Steve, mind is that Steve is a wannabe...
a. He's a wannabe Verizon-high-end customer, and,
b. He's a wannabe Apple iPhone high-end customer.

And, as you assessed, Steve tries to come across as an Apple:Android expert
c. He wants to come across as an expert (as do you, nospam)

However, I _like_ that Steve is a wannabe high end customer, nospam.
For logical and sensible reasons, nospam.

It works to my advantage, as I'm a low to middle end customer who doesn't
want to go through all the hassles that Steve does to _find_ a good price.

So when Steve pointed to a good almost free Moto G(7) for free from Google,
I took him up on that offer, and I benefited from Steve's information.

Likewise, when Steve pointed to a set of three inexpensive PD & QC USB-C
and USB-A chargers, I picked up a pack and gave them as stocking stuffers.

Similarly, when Steve pointed to the one-day-only Amazon-Prime sale on $9
USB-C + USB-C + USB-A 67 Watt chargers, I took him up on that also.

In keeping with following Steve's advice, I picked up two of those Qi
chargers Steve recommended, and that's when I learned they come with USB-C
to USB-C cables (I had expected them to come with USB-A to USB-C instead).

I even picked up an HDMI/USB/SD hub that Steve recommended to help someone
with a high end HDMI-able Samsung to move his data off the memory storage.

Given how much of Steve's advice I've taken in just the past few months, I
would be remiss in not thanking Steve for his wonderful acumen in such
things.

Sometimes Steve is a liar.
But other times Steve finds good deals.

When he's a liar, I confront him with facts.
When he finds a good deal, I check it out - and - often - I buy it.

That's adult balance for you.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tqkfp7$38jjj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12836&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12836

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
facts about Apple
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:10:31 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 23:10 UTC

On 2023-01-22 13:51, Andy Burnelli wrote:

>>> What degree you CLAIM to have, you mean.
>>
>> by using photos of long outdated books.
>
> It's interesting that you iKooks are so ignorant, that you don't realize
> any textbook I've used on my degrees, _must_ be older books to be credible.

But the converse is not necessarily true.

Possession of such books is not proof that you have a degree.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tr0ra8$2rreh$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12916&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12916

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:41:10 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:41 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> where Samsung unilaterally _extended_ support to most older models.
>
> they did not.

This is an important post because it elucidates the depravity of nospam.

What is wrong with your brain, nospam?
Why do you brazenly deny what everyone else already knows to be true?

Who does that?
Only fools, right?

Why nospam, do you deny that which is well known to everyone else?
*Samsung�s fantastic software update policy will soon welcome new members*
<https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s23-series-four-years-android-os-upgrades/>
Last updated: January 25th, 2023 at 15:16 UTC+01:00

Do you never read the news, nospam?
Do you know absolutely _nothing_ about Samsung updates, nospam?

It's OK that you're ignorant - but then why are you so _confident_ when you
deny facts that everyone who does read the news already knows, nospam?

Who does that?

It seems you outright deny anything that you simply don't happen to like.
"[In 2023, Samsung] even extended the new long term update promise
to devices launched in 2021."

Will you now admit you are wrong, nospam?

*You have all the confidence in the world in your own ignorance*,
*nospam, but now that you've been shown to be wrong, do you own*
*the confidence to admit it?*

That's an important question which _defines_ your character, nospam.

Rest assured, my facts are never wrong(1), and your statements almost
always are, because I'm held to a standard of truth and credibility.

You don't give a shit about your credibility, nospam.
You simply deny any fact that you simply don't like.

Like you just did.

Will you ever admit that you're wrong, nospam?
*Updating the "wrong - by badgolferman" thread from May 29, 2019*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Pg9fi_sV3CU/m/SxefvG-lAAAJ>
--
(1) Bear in mind I can make a mistake - but I don't say facts without
already having read the references and _understanding_ what they say.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tr0s20$2rv12$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12917&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12917

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:53:50 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:53 UTC

Notice below that the iKooks can't _comprehend_ facts.
a. iKooks are immune to facts
b. iKooks never read the news
c. iKooks are mired in Apple advertisements from a decade ago

Things have changed... but the iKooks can't keep up.
Case in point below... for future researchers to ponder...

nospam wrote:

>> no it's not. it's what's on samsung's site right now, dated february
>> 2023, and includes 'upcoming devices' in the classifications.
>
> oops. feb 2022.

The fact remains iOS has the _shortest_ update lifespan of all modern OSs.
That's just a fact.

Only a fool disputes facts.
(That's why they're fools.)

What you fail to grasp is that Apple, Google, and Microsoft will all fix a
bug in an older release when that bug is heinous enough - but you fail to
grasp that fixing a bug in a ten year old release is not fixing all of
them.

It's a fact that _intelligent_ people can grasp, by the way, but not you.

Apple only fixes all known bugs in the _single_ current release.
That's just a fact, nospam.

You dispute that fact - but that's why I said nobody but a fool does that.
I also said Android is broken into layers which are updated differently.

Your brain can't comprehend that Android updates by layers.
Android is not a monolith like iOS is.

When the iOS monolith dies, the _entire_ set of Apple-provided layers die.
Your feeble brain can't comprehend what a monolith is compared to layers.

Most of what's in those Android layers are updated forever, nospam.
(Forever has been defined here as there is no EOL date, and, perhaps more
importantly, _all_ those forever layers are donated to the Open Source
community - just in case forever is only ten or twenty years to start
with).

The point is you do not understand how Android updates, nospam.
You don't even understand how iOS updates.

Your brain won't allow you to understand, but the fact remains a fact:
*iOS has the _shortest_ update lifespan of all common operating systems*

That's just a fact.
Prove me wrong.

But you can't.
Because you don't understand how Android & iOS update.

Read _this_ before you reply please:

<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

HINT: Apple lied.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<trm7kd$3178n$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12954&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12954

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 18:20:13 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 4 Feb 2023 18:20 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> What you are always ignorant of, nospam, is you can't comprehend that on
>> Android there is no need to log into the Google mothership just to send and
>> receive text messages, while that need is _required_ on your iPhone.
>
> false.

It's statements like that, nospam, which deny what _everyone_ else knows to
be true, which make me believe you own a truly loathsome character, nospam.

Who could deny what you just brazenly denied, but someone like you are?

Adherence to basic respect for truth isn't a component of your personality.

> ftfy, and android too, for that matter.

That you resort to kindergarten attempts of changing the quoted material
just so that your child-like brain can formulate a retort, is classic.

It's how I know you don't own anywhere near normal adult development.

The _only_ response you have to all facts you are ignorant of, and which
when told you happen to viscerally hate, is to simply deny facts exist.
--
This is posted because I have two goals on this newsgroup, one of which is
to learn and disseminate useful information; the other is to expose iKooks

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<ttpe9u$1s1so$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13279&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13279

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 06:04:58 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 06:04 UTC

This thread is designed to provide evidence, for future researchers and for
the permanent record, how _different_ from normal people the iKooks are.

Today was a _classic_ example, where I'll let one iKook (in this case,
Hemidactylus) explain it to the other iKooks (in this case, Jolly Roger and
nospam) exactly how consistently sadistically despicable these iKooks are
in their defense of Apple taken to Islamic-religion style lengths to
protect the prophet Apple.

Permanent representative classic thread:
*ipad battery drain rapidly increased in the last week.*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54>

Permanent representative classic subthread which starts with brazen
lying fabrications by the iKook nospam claiming imaginary functionality.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/AVvfo516DgAJ>

clearly nospam sadistically is sending the reader on a wild goose chase
because the Hemidactylus truly desires (reasonably so) this functionality
which nospam and Jolly Roger will repeatedly fabricate that it exists.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/ePS48GF7DgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/x1bpdR6GDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/LcrJo-2GDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/p3QABG3ZDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/MGuncljaDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/cvOsVz3cDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/gKxB_HTcDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/hkuQ48bcDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/NDOFCyjdDgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/0LvqbxZYV54/m/ZWbHypDfAQAJ>
etc.

The iKooks sadistically sent Hemidactylus on a doomed-to-fail wild-goose chase.
And then they ridiculed Hemidactylus for attempting to follow their lies.

It was a sadistic wild-goose chase perpetrated by the unprepossessing
iKooks, Jolly Roger and nospam, against other iKooks in this case
(namely Chris & Hemidactylus).

From Hemidactylus
> My question to this lying piece of shit is why I can�t get an answer on
> battery 'maximum capacity' on my ipad but can on my iphone.
>
> You actually played into his lying fucking bullshit. Jolly Roger should
> come by and gaslight everyone as to why that is unimportant. Seriously
> don�t fucking bullshit me more assclown liars about how this is unimportant
> because you are fucking lamers. Pay almost a thousand dollars for a high
> end iPad and have fucking liars lie. Lying assclowns.
>
> Implicitly admitted is that ipads are not self-sufficient. You need a
> Windows PC to check battery health. Low end bullshit.

Long ago I observed what Hemidactylus did about the iKooks who will stab
their own mothers in the back if that defends Apple's honor at all cost.

*Why do the Apple Apologists constantly send poor unsuspecting iOS users on wild goose chases?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ynh0PE9lK_I/m/XPxZMUkaDwAJ>

The iKooks have no honor. No shame. Nor morals. No knowledge. No heart.
*The iKooks are truly despicable wholly unprepossessing people*
--
They have no knowledge.
All the iKooks _can_ do, is lie.

See also:
*lack of battery health & charging info on your iPad*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/X1WuYFEYKcE>

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<ttpout$1ibv6$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13280&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13280

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
facts about Apple
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 10:06:37 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 09:06 UTC

Am 02.03.23 um 07:04 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> This thread is designed to provide evidence, for future researchers and for
> the permanent record, how _different_ from normal people the iKooks are.

To all current and future researchers: Andy Burnelli needs urgently
robust psychological support. Immediately but that is self-explaining.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<Zx1ML.900126$gGD7.888201@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13281&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13281

facts about Apple
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 08:30:32 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 13:30 UTC

On 2023-03-02 04:06, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 02.03.23 um 07:04 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
>> This thread is designed to provide evidence, for future researchers and for
>> the permanent record, how _different_ from normal people the iKooks are.
>
> To all current and future researchers: Andy Burnelli needs urgently
> robust psychological support. Immediately but that is self-explaining.

Everyone who replies to it is giving it "robust psychological support".

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<ttqvg1$102pv$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13296&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13296

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 16:34:29 -0330
 by: cris - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:04 UTC

On 02/03/2023 08:30, Alan Browne wrote:

> Everyone who replies to it is giving it "robust psychological support".

That you use it means he's right about you being always childish.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tu51jf$2jl2i$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13327&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13327

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 15:41:48 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 15:41 UTC

Alan Browne wrote:

> If I had to switch to an Android phone (which is not an impossibility),
> it would still be wrong about most everything it spouts.

For _adults_ on this ng (admittedly, only a handful), I'm providing a free
psychological & behavioral analysis of Alan Browne's stated convictions...

I kindly & generously place these assessments in the permanent record.

Being intelligent and curious and always learning based on observable
facts, I study iKooks - where Alan Browne is as classic as is Jolly Roger.

Adults will note these facts (and my assessment of those facts).

FACT 1: Alan Browne uses "it" for a person he doesn't appear to like.
FACT 2: Alan Browne provides a sweeping view sans a single fact.
FACT 3: Alan Browne says _everything_ is wrong (which is unrealistic).

Assessment:
a. Alan Brown owns the brain of a small child (seriously, no joking).
b. Alan Brown is forming a belief system based on zero actual facts.
c. Alan Brown doesn't seem to care about (nor understand) his credibility.

When you put it together with all the other information we know about this
Alan Browne iKook, it's no different than what Alan Baker or Lewis says.

The iKooks like Alan Brown all suffer from the same class flaws:
1. No education and low IQ means lack of adult comprehensive skills.
2. Inability to process facts means they gravitate to religious messages.
3. Only Apple hasn't told them they were stupid their entire lives
so they use Apple as a way to bring them out of their low class.

Now, to the point that Alan Brown "thinks" he made (sans any facts),
I made the point that the iPhone has had more zero day bugs than Android.

That's simply a fact, right?
So that's one he can't disprove.

I could go on, for example, there is no way to do graphical wi-fi signal
strength debugging on iOS for all wi-fi access points in the vicinity.

That's simply a fact, right?
So that's another one he can't disprove.

Notice that Alan Browne, like all iKooks, simply _hates_ facts.
Why?

Because when you own a belief system NOT based on facts, then facts are the
most dangerous thing to your strongly held (religious) beliefs, right?

Alan Browne not only hates facts - but he hates the bearer of fact.
So much that he uses the most clever of all insults he can come up with.

Hehhehheh... "it"... (wow, that's clever, isn't it).

> As to keeping my iPhone, the troll is not part of my decision.

As far as I'm aware, on this newsgroup only Steve and I habitually switch
between Android and iOS (is that right - or do others switch all the time)?

The ecosystems are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in almost every way imaginable.

In fact, if you are intelligent about the comparison, iOS is completely
different from _every_ common consumer operating system. (Even macOS.)

Mostly it's in the walled garden, which, Alan Browne, characteristically
and quite tellingly, insists with religious fervor that it doesn't exist.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to analyze why Alan Browne does what he does.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tubqeq$cbgg$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13435&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13435

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 05:22:47 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 05:22 UTC

Regarding...
*Apple announcement today - new yellow color option for iPhone 14 - with matching $49 case
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Fhyivd8Cgh8>

sms wrote:

>>> Apparently these people overflow with juvenile hatred and feel compelled
>>> to lash out at random strangers over utterly trivial things.
>>> It's pretty sad behavior. (Jolly Roger
>>
>> Yet another irony meter just exploded! (badgolferman)
>
> Indeed. For one of this newsgroups most profligate trolls, to post that,
> is indeed amusing. (sms)

For the adults on this newsgroup, and for the permanent record...
1. Everyone but JR discussed the incontrovertible facts of what Apple did.
2. For whatever reasons, Jolly Roger _hates_ what Apple clearly did.
3. The iKook has no _adult_ defense to that fact - so - he lashes out.

This thread is a classic case of the iKooks being what I've been saying
they are, as I understand them - based on 3 fundamental character flaws.
a. Jolly Roger owns both a low IQ and as a result, a lack of education
b. Therefore, Jolly Roger was told he was stupid and ignorant his whole
life, so he's desperate to fall for Apple's religious advertising.
c. Where Jolly Roger derives appreciable self esteem from the presumed
superiority of "his" decision to pay more for Apple products.

*Nobody can discuss _anything_ negative about Apple in JR's presence*

It's not allowed to ever discuss any fact about Apple where the iKooks
perceive that fact to hold Apple in even a slightly negative light.

Like a stunted fifth-grader told by his buddies that Santa Claus is a
marketing gimmick, he lashed out at everyone who was simply noticing what
Apple did (which clearly is a marketing gimmick revolving around colors).

He can't dispute what Apple did (although he certainly would if he could).
So he lashes out, viciously so, at those who simply noticed what Apple did.

The most apropos analogy is a religious zealot defending any perceived
slight against Mohammed, whom they truly believe to be their savior.

*The iKooks defend Apple to the death*, no matter what.
*But, since they're have no education & low IQ, it's always childishly so*

The don't own the _adult_ skills to respond to the facts any other way.

Paradoxically, what's really going on to cause this vicious hatred is...
*Jolly Roger _hates_ what Apple did because it opens Apple up to scrutiny*

Discussion of fact isn't allowed on this newsgroup, if it's not
complementary to Apple of course (and hence, pejorative to Jolly Roger's
self esteem which is appreciably derived from the Apple advertising.)

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tudmkn$nosj$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13438&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13438

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 17:29:57 -0500
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 22:29 UTC

Here's another tangential example of what makes an iKook so ignorant.
*How do we show the display variable refresh rate in real time on iOS screens?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/QvbWQQNKUv0>

Alan Browne wrote:

>> I'm interested in driving cars fast, and I own a BMW. I'm not sure what
>> a "bimmer" or "beemer" means (or why you would use both terms).
>
> Both mean BMW. Using both terms is a red piece of cloth waving in the
> molecules of nitrogen, oxygen and other trace gases flowing by.

This is interestingly another case of how clueless the iKooks truly are.

FACT:
The tools that work on a beemer are NOT the same as those for a bimmer.

For the iKooks to conflate the two is classic!
a. The iKooks are uneducated and of low IQ
b. Hence, they know nothing about any topic
c. Yet - they _think_ they know everything....

And yet... they don't even know the _simplest_ things of this topic.

*The entire belief system of the iKook is completely imaginary!*

It's like when Chris claimed to have a PhD in the life sciences, and yet,
he didn't even know what the word "vehicle" meant in immunological terms.

When people are technically competent (i.e., not iKooks) descriptive words
mean something to those who understand and who have technical competency.
--
HINT: If someone calls their bimmer a beemer, it's as instant a recognition
that they don't know anything about BMW just as if they have no teeth and

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tugkec$197vc$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13483&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13483

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 01:10:49 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 01:10 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> my answers are always straight, unless i'm toying with a troll.
>>>

>> Is that what you think of me?
>
> it should be obvious to whom i'm referring, and it's not you.

Hi badgolferman,

Clearly, nospam is not a normal person, as you're well aware I'm sure.
*He would stab his own mother in the back* if he felt like it.

He'll send innocent people on fruitless wild-goose chases, out of not
ignorance, but out of his own sadistic nature to cause others pain.

*People like nospam actually _enjoy_ being sadistic to others*

The reason is known only to his psychologist; but I assume it's because he
was told he was stupid his entire life - and here he wants to get back.

*He's desperate to claim that he's _not_ stupid* - and yet - he is.

But a lot of people are stupid - and they're not sadistic like nospam is.
*A lot of people are stupid - but they're not inveterate liars like he is*

There's more to nospam than just his ignorance and his sadistic nature.

One thing you know is that I strive to understand why nospam is what he is.
Perhaps, even, I understand nospam's motives better than he knows himself.

*Everything nospam does is to defend Apple* to the death, no matter what.

Because of that, all facts about Apple are a _danger_ to nospam.

*Literally, nospam _fears_ facts*
*He's deathly _afraid_ of all facts* which put Apple in a negative light.

Hence, not only does nospam call everyone who speaks facts, a troll,
but nospam will brazenly deny all facts about Apple he hates.

(which is, let's be clear, a _lot_ of facts)

What nospam does is what anyone does who is deathly afraid of the topic.
He deflects. He lies. He redirects. He lies some more. He denies.

*Mostly nospam uses 7 repeated approaches to deflect from facts*

In summary, everything nospam does on this newsgroup is because he is so
deathly _afraid_ of facts, that not only are the facts dangerous to his
belief system... but the bearer of facts is an overt danger too.

He's a religious fanatic who is afraid of something as benign as the truth.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tunn52$2j83g$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13502&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13502

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 17:40:00 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 17:40 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> It's revealing that Jolly Roger can't see the humor in what Apple did.
>
> What's much more revealing is how your little troll gang is so bent out
> of shape about Apple announcing a new color for iPhones that you are
> literally spending hours of your collective time complaining about it
> and insulting complete strangers who dare to choose to purchase one. You
> people are pathetic, angry, little snots. : )

Hi Jolly Roger,

This *YELLOW!!!!* is actually very important to understand you iKooks.

I study you because you're rather interesting to me (how your mind works).
What matters to me is _why_ you're so ashamed & fearful of what Apple did.

>> It seems the reason Jolly Roger is so upset
>
> Projection. I'm not going around bitching and moaning about something
> innocuous and belittling anyone who points out how shitty you're being.

Well, you can think that I'm "upset" that Apple did something for purely
MARKETING reasons such as put a shiny new coat of paint on the iPhone.

But I'm not.

I'm actually happy Apple did it because normally you iKooks would first
deny it, and then you'd say "nobody wants it" and "it's not needed".

Yet, for some reason, *YELLOW!!!!* is something that people actually want.
And, in fact, they need it.

Otherwise nospam would have said "nobody needs it" & "nobody wants it".
And yet, the record is clear on that fact. He did not.

That's interesting, is it not?
It shows EXACTLY how you iKooks think.

All you care about, ever, your entire lives, in fact, is defending Apple.
(and yet, with *YELLOW!!!!*... you can't)
--
The Apple customer is indoctrinated to believe EVERYTHING Apple says
(even as there are few companies that brazenly lie more than Apple does).

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<k79hqvF9684U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13505&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13505

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they
HATE facts about Apple
Date: 13 Mar 2023 21:10:56 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 21:10 UTC

On 2023-03-13, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> It's revealing that Jolly Roger can't see the humor in what Apple
>>> did.
>>
>> What's much more revealing is how your little troll gang is so bent
>> out of shape about Apple announcing a new color for iPhones that you
>> are literally spending hours of your collective time complaining
>> about it and insulting complete strangers who dare to choose to
>> purchase one. You people are pathetic, angry, little snots. : )
>
> This *YELLOW!!!!* is actually very important

It really isn't.

> What matters to me is _why_ I am so ashamed & fearful of what Apple
> did.

Mostly insecurity. Books could be written about your psychological
issues - yes, BOOKS (plural)!

>>> It seems the reason Jolly Roger is so upset
>>
>> Projection. I'm not going around bitching and moaning about something
>> innocuous and belittling anyone who points out how shitty you're
>> being.
>
> I'm "upset" that Apple did something

Clearly. It's unfortunate, but only you are in control over your
feefees.

> *YELLOW!!!!* is something that people actually want.

Some do, some don't - like any other color. The fact that you are this
upset about it says way more about you than anyone else.

> That's interesting, is it not?

No. It's actually downright boring that you spend your days and nights
trolling about *the* most inane bullshit.

JR

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<tuo4c3$3tprh$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13508&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#13508

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
facts about Apple
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 14:25:22 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 21:25 UTC

On 2023-03-13 14:10, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> What's much more revealing is how your little troll gang is so bent
>>> out of shape about Apple announcing a new color for iPhones that you
>>> are literally spending hours of your collective time complaining
>>> about it and insulting complete strangers who dare to choose to
>>> purchase one. You people are pathetic, angry, little snots. : )
>>
>> This *YELLOW!!!!* is actually very important
>
> It really isn't.
>
>> What matters to me is _why_ I am so ashamed & fearful of what Apple
>> did.
>
> Mostly insecurity. Books could be written about your psychological
> issues - yes, BOOKS (plural)!

>>> Projection. I'm not going around bitching and moaning about something
>>> innocuous and belittling anyone who points out how shitty you're
>>> being.
>>
>> I'm "upset" that Apple did something
>
> Clearly. It's unfortunate, but only you are in control over your
> feefees.
>
>> *YELLOW!!!!* is something that people actually want.
>
> Some do, some don't - like any other color. The fact that you are this
> upset about it says way more about you than anyone else.
>
>> That's interesting, is it not?
>
> No. It's actually downright boring that you spend your days and nights
> trolling about *the* most inane bullshit.

"Tedious" is the word that springs to mind for me.

Re: Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple

<um4g9f$1l8g5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15868&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15868

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:16:30 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:16 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>
> I�m not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.

How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as iKooks?

This is a seminal discussion which shows what the iKooks really are
and which needs to be in the public record for future generations.

Exactly. This is why I've never considered you (or Ant or Steve, et al.) an
iKook but why _everyone_ knows that Alan Baker, for one, is an iKook.

You have the cognitive ability to comprehend that physical forces are the
same in all directions, particularly the forces that suspend a bridge are
the same forces that act upon a motorcycle navigating a curve at speed.

As an aside (owning a K1200 myself as I believe you have a Gold Wing), it
mostly applies in racing circuits (as the real world has opposing traffic).

It's likely that Alan Baker, even after furiously searching for the
definition, found mostly equidistant suspension bridging references, and
yet, since he lacks any education in Calculus or Physics, he can't relate
the vertical directional forces with the same horizontally directed forces.

Worse, while he claims to own a BMW, he's ignorant of the most basic of the
terms used for bimmers and beemers alike, which means his mind is on off.

Likewise, he claims to "teach racing" and yet he's likely never heard of a
catenary, which, let's be clear, would be discussed in any racing circuit
(other than straight-line drag racing perhaps, as no curves are involved).

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The point of bringing up the catenary or the metric tensor or Christoffel
symbols or even Dunning Kruger effects isn't so much what they are - but
that the iKooks are ignorant of them and yet they form strong opinions.

Jolly Roger thinks he's an iKook because "we disagree" but that's yet
another trait of the iKook to completely misunderstand the obvious.

He's an iKook not because we disagree - but because he strongly believes in
things which he's completely ignorant of - for example, Jolly Roger
repeatedly claims Apple fully patches older releases - when Apple doesn't.

Sure. We disagree. But my disagreement is based on Apple's own words.
His belief system is based on absolutely no facts whatsoever that matter.

Apple says they do not fully patch older releases.
Jolly Roger says they do.
In fact, he's sure of it.

Simply because Apple fixed a bug or two in an older release.
That's full "proof" to Jolly Roger that Apple fully patches older releases!

No fact can or will sway Jolly Roger from his purely imaginary beliefs.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

Not only do the iKooks lack that cognitive ability, badgolferman, but they
form strong opinions that all science is "dubious" simply because they
a. are ignorant of it...
b. because they're uneducated...
c. as a result of their low IQ

It's why the iKooks can't put together that Apple's variant excuses for
removing basic functionality is because Apple wants to them to buy it back.

Instead of putting things together, as you just did (and as most normal
adults would do), they accept Apple's individual explanations (e.g., "it's
courageous") because it's much simpler for them to accept a direct excuse.

The whole point of this thread is to point out what iKooks really are.

My main point about the iKooks is simply that they form strong opinions
about things that they spend absolutely no energy actually understanding.

Alan Browne, for example, repeatedly claims there is no walled garden
simply because he's completely ignorant that he's logging into it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

This is a classic Dunning-Kruger first quartile trait, where they are so
confident of their assessments that they don't realize how wrong they are.

It's what I'm trying to patiently explain to Hemidactylus, who deprecated
the Dunning-Kruger graphs, where I fit into those same graphs as do you.

The difference is that I _understand_ what Dunning-Kruger papers explained.

It's the same with the catenary where, by now, Alan Baker has probably
furiously googled enough to find that it's a well-taught well-discussed
term in racing (particularly in motorcycle racing, as you've surmised).

Yet, he's likely never heard of it nor, more importantly, since ignorance
can be cured, he doesn't understand that it's an extremely important fact.

Just as nospam can't stand that he was ignorant that iOS doesn't have any
app store apps that graphically show wi-fi signal strength over time,
they'll make a childish kindergarten excuse for why they lack knowledge.

In nospam's case, that childish excuse is he'll repeatedly claim that apps
exist - and yet - when asked to "name just one" - he's never once named it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

It's the same with Hemidactylus claiming the D-K is a weapon when everyone
fits into the D-K graphs - yes - everyone - including you and including me.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The iKooks don't even realize _why_ they're iKooks, badgolferman.

But they prove it whenever the only way they can deal with facts that
they're ignorant of, like Alan Browne did, is to call people an 'it'.

Do you know why Alan Browne calls people dealing with facts an 'it'?
I do.

HINT: If he negates the person, he feels he's negated all the facts too.
--
How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?