From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 released for their HomeKit!
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:48:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:48 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 21:27:38 -0600, Ant wrote:

> Has ANYONE release any new OS without holes?

Hi Ant,

You're not an apologist but your flippant remarks shows you're unaware of
the facts where even the head of engineering said Apple QA was atrocious.

I'm going to be blunt with you - so I hope you own the intelligence to
comprehend the simple words I'm going to use below to explain it to you.

You know I don't make this stuff up, so you have to understand that iOS is
literally untested code (which Google Project Zero proved beyond doubt).

So please don't be so flippant about how atrocious the iOS QA really is.
You _know_ I have cites for what I say as we've covered this before.

Huge portions of iOS code are _completely_ untested, but let's just look at
the latest bug that this thread is referencing.

Do you know what it is?
I do.

It's one of the most obvious and most sophomoric vulnerabilities around.
Apple _forgot_ to test long label names.

Do you realize how _simple_ it is to test for such an obvious overflow?
You probably don't, Ant.

But if you don't realize how bad iOS testing is that they can't even test
for long label names, then please don't be so idiotically flippant about how
bad iOS testing truly is - at it's so bad as to be nearly criminal.

Apple gets away with atrocious QA because their advertising is so good.
But that's only because people like you don't understand these bugs.

In your next post, I want you to show at least a bare minimum
kindergarten-level _comprehension_ of what this bug truly was, Ant - and how
Apple could and should have caught it themselves - but didn't.

Without that comprehension, you're just as ignorant as Jolly Roger is.