From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: mkv
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:55:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:55 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 19:36:59 -0500, nospam wrote:

> and yet another, asking the same thing in the win10 group:

There is a different post from "Paul" who explains a freeware iFuse exists.
<https://github.com/libimobiledevice/ifuse>
"A fuse filesystem implementation to access the contents of iOS devices."

With iFuse a PC can read (& write!) to the _entire_ visible iOS file system.
(all verbatim below)

Features
This project allows mounting various directories of an iOS device locally
using the FUSE file system interface.

Some key features are:
*Media* Mount media directory of an iOS device locally
*Apps* Mount sandbox container or document directory of an app
*Jailbreak* Mount root filesystem on jailbroken devices
*Browse* Allows to retrieve a list of installed file-sharing enabled apps
*Implementation* Uses libimobiledevice for communication with the device

Unfortunately the instant you add the iTunes clusterfuck, you lose
functionality (which you can avoid by never installing iTunes bloatware).

Re: mkv

<130120221257494737%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13598&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13598

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:57:49 -0500
 by: nospam - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:57 UTC

In article <srpp2p$10lc$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> > and yet another, asking the same thing in the win10 group:
>
> There is a different post from "Paul" who explains a freeware iFuse exists.

paul has no clue what he's talking about, and not just about this.

fuse is not needed.