From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 04:09:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 04:09 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:02:02 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

>>> I just charged my original ipad. It's iOS 5.1.1 and the apps still work.
>>> Including the App store. It isn't hard to find apps and I could install a
>>> clock *if* MFA want enabled. That old an iOS isn't compatible with MFA so
>>> won't get any further.
>>
>> it works if you append the 2fa code to the password.
>
> Clever! App install was attempted but required iOS 8 :(

Thank you Chris for being a sincerely helpful adult (a rarity on this ng).

I shouldn't have been so deprecating to Chris, who, admittedly, is worlds
above the three die-hard Apple kooks (Jolly Roger, Lewis, & nospam).

Jolly Roger, Lewis and nospam are fathomless despicably heartless people;
but Chris is actually trying which means his heart isn't cold as theirs is.

While Jolly Roger, true to form, proposed kindergarten apps, and while
nospam simply boasted emptily about his always fabricated imaginary iOS
functionality, at least Chris did the right thing, which was to _attempt_ to
load something (anything!) useful onto an iPad that Apple has destroyed.

I don't want to send this old lady on a doomed-to-failure wild goose chase
even as the three staunchest Apple kooks always send innocents that way.

Hence I wish to openly say that I do very much _appreciate_ that Chris is
trying to find something (anything) that can be loaded onto an iPad that
will turn what Apple wishes so badly to be worthless, into something useful.

Thank you Chris, for trying to load something (anything) onto that iPad.

If you ever do find something (anything) useful to add to that iPad, I will
let this lady know a URL to that App Store app (she's on 5.1.1 by the way).

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<srujlv$9gg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13608&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13608

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad
model MC497LL
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:54:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:juABdUSMDhuhhnjlfigGmPXDNTE=
 by: Chris - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:54 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>>> it works if you append the 2fa code to the password.
>>
>> Clever! App install was attempted but required iOS 8 :(
>
> Thank you Chris for being a sincerely helpful adult (a rarity on this ng).
>
> I shouldn't have been so deprecating to Chris, who, admittedly, is worlds
> above the three die-hard Apple kooks (Jolly Roger, Lewis, & nospam).
>
> Jolly Roger, Lewis and nospam are fathomless despicably heartless people;
> but Chris is actually trying which means his heart isn't cold as theirs is.

Why do you do that? Reply to someone's post and then talk about them
without actually responding to contents of the post?

This isn't some kind of soapbox for you to preach your infinite wisdom*

*it isn't.

> While Jolly Roger, true to form, proposed kindergarten apps, and while
> nospam simply boasted emptily about his always fabricated imaginary iOS
> functionality, at least Chris did the right thing, which was to _attempt_ to
> load something (anything!) useful onto an iPad that Apple has destroyed.

There you go again, making false statements. The ipad isn't destroyed and
certainly not by Apple.

> I don't want to send this old lady on a doomed-to-failure wild goose chase
> even as the three staunchest Apple kooks always send innocents that way.

Always assuming there's even is an old lady. Seeing as you always provide
proof*, we can't trust just your word.

*almost never in fact

> Hence I wish to openly say that I do very much _appreciate_ that Chris is
> trying to find something (anything) that can be loaded onto an iPad that
> will turn what Apple wishes so badly to be worthless, into something useful.

Apple wishes nothing of the sort. Yet another false statement and further
proof of the whole point of this thread hiding behind a poor little old
lady.

> Thank you Chris, for trying to load something (anything) onto that iPad.

Despite your regular attacks on all of us, we do have shared interests. If
only you could stop with all the noise you generate.

> If you ever do find something (anything) useful to add to that iPad, I will
> let this lady know a URL to that App Store app (she's on 5.1.1 by the way).

I did, but no acknowledgment from you.

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<ss33hm$1mgj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13622&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13622

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 06:49:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 06:49 UTC

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:54:07 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

> There you go again, making false statements. The ipad isn't destroyed and
> certainly not by Apple.

Remember, she has _plenty_ of iPads.
All we're trying to do is turn this older iPad into something useful, Chris.

Is this a much more correct set of factual statements more to your liking?
"If this were an old Android phone, it wouldn't have this problem.
If this were an old Windows PC, it wouldn't have this problem.
It's only an old Apple iOS device that has this problem."

It doesn't matter _who_ destroyed her investment in Apple devices, Chris.

What matters is we're trying to find something (anything!) on the App Store
today that she can download and install that will turn it into something
useful again.

I appreciate that you're the only one who didn't recommend a silly game, but
even the app's you tried to install, _failed_ to install (as you noted).

All I want to find is a _single_ url to a _useful_ app she can install.
*Name Just One*

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<ss4r53$dh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13631&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13631

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
model MC497LL
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:38:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:NrO0M2TDdzFWtioNlzILWf7XWIk=
 by: Chris - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:38 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:54:07 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:
>
>> There you go again, making false statements. The ipad isn't destroyed and
>> certainly not by Apple.
>
> Remember, she has _plenty_ of iPads.
> All we're trying to do is turn this older iPad into something useful, Chris.

Usefulness is something only you and "the old lady" can decide.

> Is this a much more correct set of factual statements more to your liking?
> "If this were an old Android phone, it wouldn't have this problem.
> If this were an old Windows PC, it wouldn't have this problem.
> It's only an old Apple iOS device that has this problem."

iOS is not the same as Windows nor Android which you know very, very well.

> It doesn't matter _who_ destroyed her investment in Apple devices, Chris.

No-one has destroyed anything.

> What matters is we're trying to find something (anything!) on the App Store
> today that she can download and install that will turn it into something
> useful again.

Why do you need to install anything? It has access to the WWW so it has
utility beyond the wildest dreams of someone born before 1960.

> I appreciate that you're the only one who didn't recommend a silly game, but
> even the app's you tried to install, _failed_ to install (as you noted).
>
> All I want to find is a _single_ url to a _useful_ app she can install.
> *Name Just One*

Stop changing your objective. I gave you an option which does work and gave
guidance on how to find other alternatives. That's all you're getting as
you're more than likely acting in bad faith.