From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 22:07:34 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 29 May 2023 02:07 UTC

On 5/28/2023 3:00 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> My theory/hypothesis is that a level effect happened on the tail bone of my back/butt.

Sooner or later, like everyone else out here, you have to go see a doctor.

You have to find out, what "delays" or "line-ups" exist at medical
facilities, to find the best place to get treatment.

A "general practitioner" or GP, that persons job, is to figure
out what expert needs to see you. The GP will have some simple
tests carried out. They may palpate (check the general condition)
of any swelling, to detect whether it is fluid buildup or a
swelling of a solid mass (a damaged muscle perhaps). Their intent
is not to inflict pain, but part of determining quickly, what
the problem is, involves sorting the symptoms.

For some areas of the body, a simple XRay may suffice, to shine
a light on the issue. If something is fractured or broken, bone
structures show on the XRay. Because a lot of XRays are done with
digital sensors (they don't tend to use "film" any more), the
XRay can be examined almost instantly. This allows an emergency
doctor, to quickly ascertain possible causes, for example. The
doctor could even stand in the XRay booth, and look at the digital
picture on the operators LCD screen. If they shoot a bad picture
(poor contrast), the operator can shoot a second picture, which
saves a LOT of time compared to film days, where you'd have to be
called back if the picture was bad (blurred or a shadow).

Other areas of the body, an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) machine,
can image body parts, without using ionizing radiation. But the lineup
to use the machine, varies with where you live. I've seen people lined
up for MRI at the hospital, so they do seem to use it in emergency medicine.
The machine is loud, because it uses radio waves (H-field) and
the interaction between the radio waves, and the superconducting
magnet, makes some noises which are distracting. You get to
wear earphones during a scan.

If a hospital can only afford one MRI machine, the "elective" queue
and the "emergency" queue, are combined on the one machine. That means
they may hurry you through your scan. I barely had time to pick up my
shoes on leaving, for one of mine, and I couldn't figure out why they
were in such a rush. Hospitals with two MRI machines, one of the machines
is just for emergency medicine, which means the queue could be short.

At the hospital my sister uses, in the woods, for a while, they were
running the MRI machine 24 hours a day. And the doctor would say "show
up at 3AM for your scan" :-) No, not too many hospitals do that,
and they stopped doing that after a while, because the patients hated that.

*******

Someone at work, broke their tail bone, from an impact while
fooling around outdoors. We ride down hills on toboggans and
inflated inner tubes, and this person became airborne off a
bump in the path, and hit the ground on their ass. And it
broke the tail bone. So off to hospital emergency they went.
I don't know how long they were off work, or what the treatment
was. Some bones in the body, you repair them by fitting pins
to hold the bone in position while it mends. Not every human
bone injury is fixed with a plaster cast.

If something is broken, you DONT want it to heal in an
incorrect position, because then it needs to be rebroken
and set properly.

And if you don't deal with this promptly, the side effects
could hound you for the rest of your days.

Paul

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u52qnh$1iopf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1364&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1364

From: stevenho...@MEyahoo.co.uk (Steve Hough)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 19:25:57 +0100
 by: Steve Hough - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:25 UTC

Paul was thinking very hard :
> [...]
> inflated inner tubes, and this person became
> airborne off a
> bump in the path, and hit the ground on their
> ass. And it
> broke the tail bone. So off to hospital
> emergency they went.
> I don't know how long they were off work, or
> what the treatment
> was. Some bones in the body, you repair them by
> fitting pins
> to hold the bone in position while it mends.
> Not every human
> bone injury is fixed with a plaster cast.
>
> If something is broken, you DONT want it to
> heal in an
> incorrect position, because then it needs to be
> rebroken
> and set properly.
>
> And if you don't deal with this promptly, the
> side effects
> could hound you for the rest of your days.

Personally, I think Skybucks only problem is he
meeds a brain transplant...

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u5uk9c$1rlj8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1365&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1365

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 03:27:39 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 07:27 UTC

On 6/8/2023 10:31 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I write this from the comfort of my bed, one hard matress at bottom one softer one on top, if you want to know how this came to be then i will write you back about it, it kinda funny.
>
> Right now i type with 1 finger via touchpad on german laptop with windows 7 virtual keyboard and rotated screen, an interesting experience. Voice control not tried yet, probably too stressfull, low privacy and would dry me out faster.
>
> So far 4 weeks have passed. I decided to gamble on docter 1 (vonken) advise:
> "take a lot of ressssssssttt"
>
> The worst pain is over, but still frequently in pain. I can stand 2 to 4 mins then pain begins.
> I don't really notice when to piss, so i just go regularly and then push out some piss.
> I did not poop for 8 to 9 days, pulled out 1 yesterday and a few today, this kinda scared me, hard and small size. I started taking laxtose since 2 days, carefully, I don't want to shit on the floor, cleaning that would make health worse. I walk around naked to not have to do laundry.
>
> The mobile handset was a blessing and allowed me to call for help.
> My family has been good to me.
>
> Without these two I would have been in serious trouble, maybe even dead.
>
> I have learned the doctors/healthcare don't take this seriously enough and are a threat to what little health and functionality i have left.
>
> The mri scan/trip would have been to painfull and dangerous. I will wait at least 2 more weeks for a total of 6 weeks rest, maybe 8.
>
> Perhaps mri scan might destroy biological repair robots inside of my body.
>
> I am amazed and stunned how a chair edge could have hurt me so bad, maybe there was already some long term damage.
>
> I have a hypothesis that somewhat comfortable chairs might actually weaken the mussles, so beware.
>
> For now I also try to enjoy live somewhat through chips videos/youtube/ufo and vitex.net and discord/chat.
>
> I don't know if I am going to make it or will get better but I am trying...
>
> In case I don't make it I want you to know that you are the nicest and most serious person I have ever corresponded with. The world will need people like you as it's about to enter a UFO/Alien craze.
>
> Stay cool-headed,
> Skybuck over and out...

If you're comfortable as you are, then fine.

Some people would say "if only someone had told me to see the doctor",
then there would not be long term trouble.

An MRI is one of the most in-offensive procedures. You cannot have
ferromagnetic materials on your person, because of the high DC
magnetic field in the tunnel. The magnet turns things like your
car keys, into "ballistic objects", which is why they want you to remove
your watch, costume jewellery and so on. Even the headphones they give you
to wear, don't have magnets in them.

The doctors like to use "contrast chemicals" when doing nuclear
medical imaging. For example, when I had an MRI, I was given
gadolinium. Gadolinium makes your blood flow stand out in the
scan, so you could see if something was pinched or blocked. The
technician will tell you, during the scan, what the "relative risk" is.
For any procedure, you could have anaphylactic shock (an allergic
reaction to the contrast agent). For example, on one procedure, the
tech told me "I have the antidote right here, I've been doing these
procedures for ten years, and I've never needed to give the antidote".
That gives some idea, of the relative risk of a side-effect.

Gadolinium is only bad, if you use it repetitively. For a single scan
with Gd, it's unlikely to be a problem. Since the MRI uses no
ionizing radiation, from that perspective, it's safer than an XRay even.
And the chest XRay machine uses a pretty low dose. XRay machines use
a lot less energy than they used to.

I hope you're not going to have problems, by convalescing at home.
I think you should have even at least one simple imaging procedure,
just to see if anything is out of place or torn. If it's just inflammation
that is pinching everything down there, then eventually it'll clear.
If you had any sort of tear in that region, there could be sepsis.

But it's just not worth taking chances.

Another kind of imaging I like, is echo. That's where a transducer
(a "puck") is held against your abdomen, and it emits an acoustic
signal at maybe 3MHz towards you. The echo that comes back, shows
an image of your organs. For example, while I was receiving an echo,
the technician measured the size of my organs, and noted that
"my liver has a lesion on it". That's an example of another procedure,
which can give a gross indication of whether "stuff" is of normal
size or is abnormal. And that's a test they use before nuclear medicine,
because the test is easy to do, and the queue to be seen for one
is relatively short (can get it the same week). But given the location
of your trouble, I doubt echo can be used for that. (They could probably
scan your kidneys, but I don't know if they go lower than that.)
That's why something like an MRI might give some sort of picture to work with.

In the time I've spent doing all these things, the doctors didn't
do a lot to "cure" me. but at least I've seen a video of my heart
beating, and... it's a mess. This makes it easier for me to understand
some of the symptoms I get.

Take care,
Paul

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u5vliq$1v3i7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1367&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1367

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 12:55:53 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 16:55 UTC

On 6/9/2023 11:40 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Change of plan:
>
> 1. Yesterday night/Today I gave into fear: I hurt my back/hernias(?) and also took lactose again and 3 cups of water. I started noticing the pissing was more obstructed/much less than before, the lactose helped a little bit but not enough in my oppinion, these facts scared me enormously. I am very greatfull I kept a log, especially of my last good shit which was 30 may 2023, 10 days ago, i ate and drank less, but still, this worries me that constipation might be getting worse. I ate kwark/milk cootage cheese, half milk with oatmeal/quaker and some chips. This oatmeal might form a ball inside maybe together with the kwark, but I have to eat something.
>
> 2. Today I called health care for an mri scan appointment. Secretary of doctor agreed this would be wise. Next week it will take place if I can make the 40 minute drive over there pain-wise, my half sister will drive.
>
> 3. This mri centrum said, they don't do contrast.
>
> Thanks for your story and sympathy.
>
> Bye for now,
> Skybuck

The "normal" procedure is:

1) Doctor orders MRI.
2) Doctor writes up requisition.
3) Doctor writes a detail on the scan request:

Reason for scan - looking for signs of "X"

where "X" is some condition he suspects has arisen.

*******

You might ask "why do they do that?".

Well, every scan done, is reviewed by a radiologist.

The radiologist examines the scan and writes a report.
The report says:

"Measured 34% "X" condition present"

Then, the doctor knows you have some of "X" and
the doctor knows how much.

The doctor then, the General Practitioner, is your advocate.
That doctor makes referrals to other professionals when needed.
And by recording "reasons" like "X" on the paperwork, there is a
trail of the various doctors thinking.

done, without a doctors requisition, if you do decide
to visit the doctor, you may be given a second MRI.
Basically, done the same way, same scan procedure, but
this time, involving the radiologist who writes the report.

I was told flat-out at the Heart Hospital, that I could
not have my MRI done next door, at the General Hospital,
as only the Heart Hospital MRI scan would be accepted by
a Heart Hospital doctor. That's how closely they control
the MRI for cardiology. This means that every time they pick
up a report, they can be confident that the scans are done
exactly the same way each time.

The MRI machine is capable of many scanning options, so it's
like a custom Swiss Army knife for the tech who runs it. The
scan for a torn ACL is different than a scan for a heart blockage.
The scan times (how long you will be lying on your back),
vary with procedure. The MRI has bits that rotate, you hear
"clunking and thumping". You may be asked to hold your breath -
when they ask you to do that, don't change your body posture.
For example, I was caught once "arching my back" while holding
my breath, and we had to start over again. If you move around
too much, it spoils the scan. Lie comfortably on the table,
and try not to be "theatrical" like I was :-)

A chest XRay is different. You can have those done anywhere,
even at the private medical facility near the movie theater here :-)
For some of those, I take the requisition to the nearest machine,
and fifteen minutes after I've seen my doctor and have the
requisition in hand, the chest XRay has been done. It takes a week
tops, for the radiologist to write the report and send to the doctor.
But that's what I like about an "ordinary chest XRay", is
that I hand over the paper, done, and "I'm outta there" :-)
One less thing to worry about.

Now, don't take all of the above too seriously.

Continue on with your plan.

The process will converge as needed.

If anyone sees a problem, they will write it
up as appropriate. There is a comment section where they
can note anything important. The reason I describe the details
above, is because the Medical Association has rules for
how doctors are to conduct business. And most of the time,
they have those little details above. They want traceability.

For some of my medical issues, I've even had a chat with
the tech out in front of the facility, and he did the
diagnosis right on the spot :-) For my condition that day,
he said "you're the fourth person today with that". So when
I did get to see the doctor, I already knew what I would be
told.

Good luck on your scan,

Paul

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u6ii4o$ubpi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1382&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1382

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:53:42 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 20:53 UTC

On 6/16/2023 10:43 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> MRI Result/Rapport is in from radiologist:
>
> I will just use google translate:
>
> "
> Slightly advanced lumbar lordosis. Assuming five vertebral corpora
> of the lumbar type. The conus medullaris is located at level L1.
> Discopathy L4/L5 and L5/S1. Sole facet arthrosis low lumbar.
> At level L4/L5 disc disease and dorsal disc bulging with
> root influence L5 lateral recessus bilaterally.
> At level L5/S1 significant disc disease and median HNP with absolute
> canal stenosis and marked root compression of S1 bilaterally.
> Slim abdominal aorta.
> Conclusion:
> Low lumbar discopathy.
> On L4/L5 disc disease and dorsal disc bulging with root involvement
> L5 both sides.
> On L5/S1 discopathy and large median HNP resulting in absolute
> canal stenosis and root compression S1 bilaterally, right over
> left.
> "
>
> It's a little bit shocking that I too have canal stenosis like my sister.
>
> She continued working and take painstillers (she first had a wrong diagnosis and had this for 6 months).
>
> I hope with enough rest that this will go away, though my sister believes it won't.
>
> Doctor has contacted Neurologist at hospital.
>
> Now I await a letter via snail mail for an appointment.
>
> Greetz and bye for now,
> Skybuck.

So it was more than just sitting funny on a chair.

When a doctor takes a patient "history", one of the things
they ask about is "family history". In my case, any tidbit
I gave them, they "leaped on it as a root cause". But then
it takes lots of "studies", XRays and such, to verify the
theories.

Pretty well all of my trouble, can be traced as genetic.
A particular genetic test I had, was negative, but the
doctor said "your condition is likely genetic in my opinion"
and he said "we don't know all the genes responsible for your condition".
Which means, even though they did not tell me this before hand,
the genetic test is not conclusive. It took three months
for the genetics test people to write the "negative" report!

One person in my family tree, died from what I've got, at
around age 40, but it took my sister, and her "family tree picture",
to make sense of it all. Everyone on that limb of the family
tree, died, so there is no one to talk to about stuff.

While some isolated disc issues, you can fuse discs together,
the spinal cord is right next to where the doctor is working,
so any procedures of that type, carry risks. This means
the specialist will try to "manage" your situation, and not "fix it".

Here, very few doctors can prescribe pain killers, because
they have had their pain killer dispensing privileges suspended.
I doubt any doctor at my clinic, could give you something like
that. Any time a doctor makes mistakes with pain killers, they
just take their privileges away. Problem solved.

That's why, when "drug seekers" come into the clinic,
you just kind of look at them and say to yourself
"what are you thinking? No doctor can give you any".
Yet they still talk to the doctor during their
appointment, the doctor says "No, I can't" and they
leave again. But they will come back the very next day,
and do all of this again!

Pain management sucks. There is no "winning" with pain management.

Paul