Subject: Re: Mystery Emerges Among COVID-19 Patterns In Los Angeles County
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:51:12 +0100
From: econom...@spectrum.com (Jonathan Ball)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system, talk.politics.guns, alt.mac, alt.comp.os.mac,
comp.sys.mac.misc
 by: Jonathan Ball - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:51 UTC

Wing Fong Lee <asianpuppycook99@wangmail.org> wrote:

> This isn't looking good at all.
>
> "Mystery Emerges Among COVID-19 Patterns In Los Angeles County"
>
> <https://patch.com/california/los-angeles/mystery-emerges-among-
> covid-19-patterns-los-angeles-county>
>

> "Officials are trying to understand why some of LA's highest
> coronavirus case rates are currently in communities with high
> vaccination rates.
> Paige Austin's profile picture
> Paige Austin,
> Patch Staff
> Verified Patch Staff Badge
> Posted Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 5:47 pm PT
> Replies (72)
> During a two-week period ending Nov. 6, several of the Los Angeles
> County communities with the highest rates of coronavirus cases are
> also communities that have higher than average vaccination rates.
> During a two-week period ending Nov. 6, several of the Los Angeles
> County communities with the highest rates of coronavirus cases are
> also communities that have higher than average vaccination rates.
> (Mario Tama/Getty Images)
> LOS ANGELES, CA — While unvaccinated people continue to become
> infected, hospitalized and killed by the coronavirus at
dramatically
> higher rates, a peculiar pattern is developing in Los Angeles
County
> that has health officials puzzling for an explanation.

They meant Democrat politicians pretending to be health officials.

> During a two-week period ending Nov. 6, several of the Los Angeles
> County communities with the highest rates of coronavirus cases are
> also communities that have higher than average vaccination rates.
> Authorities aren't quite sure why that would be. Differences in
> behavior or waning immunity from vaccines may be factors. People
in
> those communities may also have lower levels of natural immunity
due
> to historically low levels of coronavirus exposure.

Fags have lower levels of immunity because of their behavior.

> Department of Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said
authorities
> are trying to examine what factors are in play in individual
> communities that have above-average vaccination rates but still
had
> among the highest new-case rates. One common denominator appears
> be age. Younger people are driving this pandemic, Ferrer said.
>
> The median age of people becoming infected ranges from 26 to 36,
> meaning young people are driving the numbers. More than half of
the
> county's confirmed COVID-19 cases to date have been among people
18
> to 49-year-old, according to county health officials.
>
> "I will say the one thing that does jump out -- the average ages
were
> very low in all these communities," she said. "This is,
essentially,
> in the communities with the highest rates, this is a pandemic that
is
> in fact fueled by younger people."
>
> Find out what's happening in Los Angeles with free, real-time
updates
> from Patch.
> Your email address
> Let's go!
> Given the young median age of infected people, "we know that
> intermingling both socially and at work sites is contributing,"
she
> said.
>
> "Whoever you are and wherever you live, whether you live in a
> community with a high vaccination rate or with not-so-high
> vaccination rates, the most important thing you as a person are
going
> to need to do is get yourself vaccinated, the people you love
> vaccinated, and then be sensible about precautions around
> intermingling while transmission rates remain relatively high
across
> the county," Ferrer said.

No, butt semen injections will not prevent COVID, but they will give
you queers what you've always wanted. AIDS.

> Of the 10 communities that had the highest rate of new cases,
seven
> had vaccination rates that exceed the countywide rate, according
> Ferrer. She insisted, however, the numbers don't mean vaccines
aren't
> effective.
>
> "If you're not vaccinated, you've got a much higher risk of ending
up
> infected, ending up in the hospital and tragically passing away.
> That's crystal clear and it hasn't really changed for months now,"
> Ferrer said during a media briefing.
>
> She said current figures show unvaccinated people are nine times
more
> likely than vaccinated people to get infected, and 67 times more
> likely to be hospitalized.
>
> Communities such as Lancaster, Palmdale, Studio City and Santa
> Clarita were among the 10 Los Angeles County areas that had the
> highest rates of new COVID-19 infections during a two-week period
> that ended Nov. 6, even though most of the areas that made the
list
> have above-average vaccination rates, the county's health director
> said Thursday.
>
> The top two communities on the list with the highest new case
rates
> -- Lancaster and Palmdale -- have below-average rates of fully
> vaccinated residents, at 58% and 66%, respectively. But Studio
City,
> with the third- highest new case rate, has a 79% vaccination rate,
> and Santa Clarita, placing fourth on the list, has a 75% vaccine
> rate.
>
> The countywide number of fully vaccinated residents is 73%.
>
> Of the other communities on the top 10 list of highest new-case
> rates, only Willowbrook, at 62%, falls below the countywide
> vaccination rate.
>
> "Some of our communities that have right now these higher case
rates
> are in fact communities that have really decent coverage in terms
of
> vaccination ... and they still have a problem with high case
rates,"
> Ferrer said.
>
> She said a variety of factors could be at play in different
> communities, among them the possibility that some areas had large
> numbers of people who were never previously infected with COVID-19
> and remain unvaccinated, leading to higher current infection
numbers.

> "That certainly is possible, although we have to look at more data
> draw that conclusion," Ferrer said.
>
> The county reported another 26 COVID-19 deaths on Thursday,
raising
> the overall virus-related death toll to 26,949. Another 1,088
cases
> were reported, giving the county a cumulative pandemic total of
> 1,515,324.
>
> The rolling average daily rate of people testing positive for the
> virus in the county was 1.1% as of Thursday.
>
> According to state figures, there were 611 COVID-positive patients
> being treated in county hospitals as of Thursday, down from 616 on
> Wednesday. Of those hospitalized, 148 were in intensive care, down
> from 155.
>
> Ferrer said 82% of county residents aged 12 and over have received
at
> least one dose of COVID vaccine, and 73% are fully vaccinated. Of
the
> county's overall population of 10.3 million people, 71% have
received
> at least one dose, and 63% are fully vaccinated.
>
> She said the number of people who received a first dose of vaccine
in
> the past week jumped up sharply, due primarily to the expansion of
> vaccine availability to include children aged 5-11.
>
> Black residents continue to have the lowest vaccination rates, at
> 54%, followed by Latina/o residents at 59%, whites at 72% and
Asians
> at 80%.
>
> Of the roughly 5.99 million residents who were fully vaccinated as
of
> Nov. 16, 75,249 have subsequently tested positive for the virus,
for
> a rate of 1.26%, Ferrer said. Of the vaccinated population, 2,528
> have been hospitalized, for a rate of 0.042%, and 422 have died, a
> rate of 0.007%.
>
> Ferrer noted that the county has not seen a spike in COVID
infections
> following Halloween, unlike the situation last year when cases
began
> rising sharply. She said she is hopeful that residents will
continue
> to exercise caution over the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
>
> "We will need to take a cautionary note from what we're currently
> seeing in other parts of the United States and in other parts of
the
> world right now," Ferrer said. "In the Mountain West and
throughout
> Europe, cases are rising and hospitals are once more flooded with
> COVID cases, almost all of them among unvaccinated people. These
> trends remind us that the virus is much more easily transmitted
when
> people are indoors and intermingling without protection from
vaccines
> and other mitigation measures."
>
> City News Service and Patch Staffer Paige Austin

Hang some Democrats from palm trees. That will prevent move COVID
outbreaks.