computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

SubjectAuthor
* Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'Anonymous Bitmessage User
`* Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'mory
 +* Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'Nomen Nescio
 |`* Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'Troll Slayer
 | `- Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'Nomen Nescio
 `- Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'Troll Slayer

1
Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<tt83j2$32ius$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13646&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13646

From: anonym...@bitmessage.user (Anonymous Bitmessage User)
Newsgroups: alt.cypherpunks,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:20:18 -0600
 by: Anonymous Bitmessage - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:20 UTC

Bitmessage is a anonymous peer-to-peer network. It is similar to Usenet
and mixmaster / YAMN but simpler.

Bitmessage is highly secure. In fact Bitmessage is vastly more secure
than mixmaster or Usenet. It is also much easier to use than mixmaster
remailers. It has a slick graphical interface that automatically manages
all cryptographic keys and messaging. It is much simpler than using PGP.

Bitmessage enables users to create encrypted, secret 'channels' that are
invisible to eavesdroppers.

Bitmessage enables users to create secret private addresses for highly
sensitive, anonymous messaging.

Bitmessage hides non-content metadata. Eavesdroppers cannot determine
who is talking to whom.

https://bitmessage.org

Bitmessage channel 'Usenet' (the passphrase is cAsE sEnSiTiVe)

Usenet BM-2cXQfUkTPQ8EUH48dTnpf9Rd5zN27WsXcJ

For discussing Usenet culture, tech, and tools in a completely anonymous
and untraceable network.

Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<u4dfvh5cftukhbb6okvp7uk1t34sshbtkc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13648&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13648

From: mor...@yakityyak.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:47:25 -0600
 by: mor...@yakityyak.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:47 UTC

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:20:18 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
<anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:

>Bitmessage is a anonymous peer-to-peer network. It is similar to Usenet
>and mixmaster / YAMN but simpler.
>
>Bitmessage is highly secure. In fact Bitmessage is vastly more secure
>than mixmaster or Usenet. It is also much easier to use than mixmaster
>remailers. It has a slick graphical interface that automatically manages
>all cryptographic keys and messaging. It is much simpler than using PGP.
>
>Bitmessage enables users to create encrypted, secret 'channels' that are
>invisible to eavesdroppers.
>
>Bitmessage enables users to create secret private addresses for highly
>sensitive, anonymous messaging.
>
>Bitmessage hides non-content metadata. Eavesdroppers cannot determine
>who is talking to whom.
>
>https://bitmessage.org
>
>Bitmessage channel 'Usenet' (the passphrase is cAsE sEnSiTiVe)
>
>Usenet BM-2cXQfUkTPQ8EUH48dTnpf9Rd5zN27WsXcJ
>
>For discussing Usenet culture, tech, and tools in a completely anonymous
>and untraceable network.

Ha! A new solution to all evils!

From the Web site url given above:

"A remote code execution vulnerability has been spotted in use against
some users running PyBitmessage v0.6.2. The cause was identified and a
fix has been added and released as 0.6.3.2 here. If you run
PyBitmessage via code, we highly recommend that you upgrade to
0.6.3.2. Alternatively you may downgrade to 0.6.1 which is unaffected.

Bitmessage developer Peter Šurda's Bitmessage addresses are to be
considered compromised. "

Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<4a8fcd66b82d5daefa4e80ada82f4bb1@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13651&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13651

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 00:24:38 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 23:24 UTC

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:47:25 -0600, mory@yakityyak.com said:

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:20:18 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
> <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:
>
> >Bitmessage is a anonymous peer-to-peer network. It is similar to Usenet
> >and mixmaster / YAMN but simpler.
> >
> >Bitmessage is highly secure. In fact Bitmessage is vastly more secure
> >than mixmaster or Usenet. It is also much easier to use than mixmaster
> >remailers. It has a slick graphical interface that automatically manages
> >all cryptographic keys and messaging. It is much simpler than using PGP.
> >
> >Bitmessage enables users to create encrypted, secret 'channels' that are
> >invisible to eavesdroppers.
> >
> >Bitmessage enables users to create secret private addresses for highly
> >sensitive, anonymous messaging.
> >
> >Bitmessage hides non-content metadata. Eavesdroppers cannot determine who
> >is talking to whom.
> >
> >https://bitmessage.org
> >
> >Bitmessage channel 'Usenet' (the passphrase is cAsE sEnSiTiVe)
> >
> >Usenet BM-2cXQfUkTPQ8EUH48dTnpf9Rd5zN27WsXcJ
> >
> >For discussing Usenet culture, tech, and tools in a completely anonymous
> >and untraceable network.
>
> Ha! A new solution to all evils!
>
> From the Web site url given above:
>
> "A remote code execution vulnerability has been spotted in use against
> some users running PyBitmessage v0.6.2. The cause was identified and a fix
> has been added and released as 0.6.3.2 here. If you run PyBitmessage via
> code, we highly recommend that you upgrade to 0.6.3.2. Alternatively you
> may downgrade to 0.6.1 which is unaffected.
>
> Bitmessage developer Peter Šurda's Bitmessage addresses are to be
> considered compromised. "

Not only that, but Bitmessage runs on Python 2.x, which was end-of-lifed in January 2020, more than 3 years ago, now.

Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<ttglra$udv$3@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13681&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13681

From: tro...@slayer.invalid (Troll Slayer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:21:04 -0600
logging-data="31167"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@cyber23.de"
 by: Troll Slayer - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:21 UTC

mory@yakityyak.com wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:20:18 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
> <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:
>
> >Bitmessage is a anonymous peer-to-peer network. It is similar to
> >Usenet and mixmaster / YAMN but simpler.
> >
> >Bitmessage is highly secure. In fact Bitmessage is vastly more
> >secure than mixmaster or Usenet. It is also much easier to use than
> >mixmaster remailers. It has a slick graphical interface that
> >automatically manages all cryptographic keys and messaging. It is
> >much simpler than using PGP.
> >
> >Bitmessage enables users to create encrypted, secret 'channels' that
> >are invisible to eavesdroppers.
> >
> >Bitmessage enables users to create secret private addresses for
> >highly sensitive, anonymous messaging.
> >
> >Bitmessage hides non-content metadata. Eavesdroppers cannot
> >determine who is talking to whom.
> >
> >https://bitmessage.org
> >
> >Bitmessage channel 'Usenet' (the passphrase is cAsE sEnSiTiVe)
> >
> >Usenet BM-2cXQfUkTPQ8EUH48dTnpf9Rd5zN27WsXcJ
> >
> >For discussing Usenet culture, tech, and tools in a completely
> >anonymous and untraceable network.
>
> Ha! A new solution to all evils!
>
> From the Web site url given above:
>
> "A remote code execution vulnerability has been spotted in use against
> some users running PyBitmessage v0.6.2. The cause was identified and a
> fix has been added and released as 0.6.3.2 here. If you run
> PyBitmessage via code, we highly recommend that you upgrade to
> 0.6.3.2. Alternatively you may downgrade to 0.6.1 which is unaffected.
>
> Bitmessage developer Peter Šurda's Bitmessage addresses are to be
> considered compromised. "

That bug was fixed years ago. This is old news. This is the only
exploit ever discovered in Bitmessage. A program having only one
potential remote exploit in eight years of development is a better track
record than OpenBSD has. Bash has had more zero days than Bitmessage.
Do you jump on the newsgroups to spread fear about the use of Bash?

You are a federal concern and trust troll trying to keep users on the
broken mixmaster plantation.

Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<ttgltr$udv$4@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13682&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13682

From: tro...@slayer.invalid (Troll Slayer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:22:24 -0600
logging-data="31167"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@cyber23.de"
 by: Troll Slayer - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:22 UTC

On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 00:24:38 +0100 (CET)
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:47:25 -0600, mory@yakityyak.com said:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:20:18 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
> > <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:
> >
> > >Bitmessage is a anonymous peer-to-peer network. It is similar to
> > >Usenet and mixmaster / YAMN but simpler.
> > >
> > >Bitmessage is highly secure. In fact Bitmessage is vastly more
> > >secure than mixmaster or Usenet. It is also much easier to use
> > >than mixmaster remailers. It has a slick graphical interface that
> > >automatically manages all cryptographic keys and messaging. It is
> > >much simpler than using PGP.
> > >
> > >Bitmessage enables users to create encrypted, secret 'channels'
> > >that are invisible to eavesdroppers.
> > >
> > >Bitmessage enables users to create secret private addresses for
> > >highly sensitive, anonymous messaging.
> > >
> > >Bitmessage hides non-content metadata. Eavesdroppers cannot
> > >determine who is talking to whom.
> > >
> > >https://bitmessage.org
> > >
> > >Bitmessage channel 'Usenet' (the passphrase is cAsE sEnSiTiVe)
> > >
> > >Usenet BM-2cXQfUkTPQ8EUH48dTnpf9Rd5zN27WsXcJ
> > >
> > >For discussing Usenet culture, tech, and tools in a completely
> > >anonymous and untraceable network.
> >
> > Ha! A new solution to all evils!
> >
> > From the Web site url given above:
> >
> > "A remote code execution vulnerability has been spotted in use
> > against some users running PyBitmessage v0.6.2. The cause was
> > identified and a fix has been added and released as 0.6.3.2 here.
> > If you run PyBitmessage via code, we highly recommend that you
> > upgrade to 0.6.3.2. Alternatively you may downgrade to 0.6.1 which
> > is unaffected.
> >
> > Bitmessage developer Peter Šurda's Bitmessage addresses are to be
> > considered compromised. "
>
> Not only that, but Bitmessage runs on Python 2.x, which was
> end-of-lifed in January 2020, more than 3 years ago, now.

Mixmaster and Usenet were end-of-lifed more than ten years ago. And
here you are.

You are a federal concern and trust troll working to keep suckers on
the broken mixmaster plantation.

Re: Bitmessage channel 'Usenet'

<9b5391b10fd797c7c2d401598aa343f1@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13685&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13685

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 02:14:22 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 01:14 UTC

Hi Stefan!

> You are a federal concern and trust troll working to keep suckers on
> the broken mixmaster plantation.

You're a funny guy.