From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Apple will stop including earpods with iPhones sold in France on Jan 24th
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:17:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:17 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 15:18:17 -0600, Hank Rogers wrote:

> The bottom line is that you can't become a 3 trillion dollar
> company unless you scrimp on everything, have exorbitant prices,
> and guard your walled garden like a mother hen. Chinese factories
> are also a must these days.

Apple's secret is only two big things, and one is stellar marketing.

a. *Marketing* makes the lies
b. *Marketing* decides what basic functionality to remove
c. *Marketing* decides how to sell it all back to the customer

In this case of the missing airpods and basic charger
a. The *gullible customer* believes it's "courageous" and "for the kids"
b. The *gullible customer* buys back the missing sdcard, aux jack & charger
c. Then that *gullible customer* crows about how huge Apple's profits are

Notice you need _two_ things for Apple's secret to work.
1. Great marketing
2. Gullible customers

It's a classic duet; they need each other.