History tends to exaggerate. -- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog HeerlenShaf Ali
`- Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog HeerlenPaul

1
Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen

<7b1cebe0-149a-423b-902b-a825f4dccf8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1366&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1366

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 06:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen
From: shafal...@gmail.com (Shaf Ali)
 by: Shaf Ali - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:59 UTC

On Friday, 1 September 2017 at 17:57:34 UTC+1, skybu...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Finally some happy news from me regarding the Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 !!!
>
> These guys at:
>
> http://www.rbheerlen.nl/
>
> Managed to repair it !
>
> They ordered some parts, and repaired it the same day ?!
>
> Amazing !
>
> And I can verify it sounds fantastic !
>
> Maybe my unit was an easy repair or maybe not, I don't know... one guy told me they ordered some kind of "supply part".
>
> The big somewhat fat (:)) guy with the red face probably doesn't know much about electronics, but the bold guy does he claims 40 years of experience !
>
> I believe him ! especially now too !
>
> I think they have "personel" allowing them to do quick repairs ???
>
> Anyway... if you have a "dead" gigaworks S750 too and you live in The Netherlands or Germany or Belgium you could give these guys a try cause it worked for me !
>
> And best part of all it was pretty cheap only 95 euros !
>
> Can't go wrong with that !
>
> If they cannot fix it for some reason they would have charged me 15 euros.
>
> But they insisted they can repair anything ! :)
>
> I'd take them up on that offer if I was you with a dead gigaworks s750 !
>
> I also asked the big fat red-faced guy if they will accept more units for repair and he said YES ! No problem ! Not sure if the bald guy will agree with that, but probably yeah... good for bussiness ! ;)
>
> Sigh... for now I am skeptical... I expect the unit to die soon again... I don't know if I should trust the repair... but I will continue enjoying the fixed unit and blasting the shit out of that subwoofer and electronics ! LOVING IT !
>
> I have 3 months of warranty on repair... I have not yet opened it up to see what they did to it... Maybe in the future I will, especially if it breaks down again.
>
> For now may the subwoofer power be with YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> BOOOOOOOOOM
> Bye,
> Skybuck ! ;)
>
> P.S.: I had to re-calibrate the speaker assignment via THX to swap "side left" with "subwoofer" since creative labs cables a bit different ! ;) :)
>

> WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONE TOTALLY THRILLED SKYBUCK !
>
> P.S.2: So glad I did not listen to my mother which always wants me to throw away stuff ! LOL... No way I am throwing away a THX certified Lucas Arts approved system ! =DDD HIHIHIHIHIHI
>
> BYYYYYYYEEEEEEEWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi there, I have the same problem in the UK, my sub blew the fuse, can anyone recommend any repair service please?
thanks
Shaf

Re: Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen

<u5vlqt$1v4so$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1368&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1368

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:00:12 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:00 UTC

On 6/9/2023 9:59 AM, Shaf Ali wrote:
> On Friday, 1 September 2017 at 17:57:34 UTC+1, skybu...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Finally some happy news from me regarding the Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 !!!
>>
>> These guys at:
>>
>> http://www.rbheerlen.nl/
>>
>> Managed to repair it !
>>
>> They ordered some parts, and repaired it the same day ?!
>>
>> Amazing !
>>
>> And I can verify it sounds fantastic !
>>
>> Maybe my unit was an easy repair or maybe not, I don't know... one guy told me they ordered some kind of "supply part".
>>
>> The big somewhat fat (:)) guy with the red face probably doesn't know much about electronics, but the bold guy does he claims 40 years of experience !
>>
>> I believe him ! especially now too !
>>
>> I think they have "personel" allowing them to do quick repairs ???
>>
>> Anyway... if you have a "dead" gigaworks S750 too and you live in The Netherlands or Germany or Belgium you could give these guys a try cause it worked for me !
>>
>> And best part of all it was pretty cheap only 95 euros !
>>
>> Can't go wrong with that !
>>
>> If they cannot fix it for some reason they would have charged me 15 euros.
>>
>> But they insisted they can repair anything ! :)
>>
>> I'd take them up on that offer if I was you with a dead gigaworks s750 !
>>
>> I also asked the big fat red-faced guy if they will accept more units for repair and he said YES ! No problem ! Not sure if the bald guy will agree with that, but probably yeah... good for bussiness ! ;)
>>
>> Sigh... for now I am skeptical... I expect the unit to die soon again... I don't know if I should trust the repair... but I will continue enjoying the fixed unit and blasting the shit out of that subwoofer and electronics ! LOVING IT !
>>
>> I have 3 months of warranty on repair... I have not yet opened it up to see what they did to it... Maybe in the future I will, especially if it breaks down again.
>>
>> For now may the subwoofer power be with YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> BOOOOOOOOOM
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck ! ;)
>>
>> P.S.: I had to re-calibrate the speaker assignment via THX to swap "side left" with "subwoofer" since creative labs cables a bit different ! ;) :)
>>

>> WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONE TOTALLY THRILLED SKYBUCK !
>>
>> P.S.2: So glad I did not listen to my mother which always wants me to throw away stuff ! LOL... No way I am throwing away a THX certified Lucas Arts approved system ! =DDD HIHIHIHIHIHI
>>
>> BYYYYYYYEEEEEEEWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>
> Hi there, I have the same problem in the UK, my sub blew the fuse, can anyone recommend any repair service please?
> thanks
> Shaf

In your newsreader, look in the uk.* hierarchy, for the nearest
newsgroup for your question. Those people have a much better
idea who you can trust with such a repair.

And remember that, it is not that the repair itself is
difficult, it's that awful glue that is all over the place.
That has to be cleaned up. And it's not easy to get that
stuff off. If the glue had not been used, your sub would
still be working. The glue becomes conductive when it
breaks down chemically.

Paul