From: anonym...@bitmessage.user (Anonymous Bitmessage User)
Newsgroups: alt.cypherpunks,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:39:29 -0600
 by: Anonymous Bitmessage - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 02:39 UTC

RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

Free anonymous messaging: https://bitmessage.org

If you are too impatient to read a wiki and follow instructions before
asking random question then you are in the wrong place and you should
leave now and uninstall your Bitmessage software. If you post questions
about something mentioned in the wiki other users may ignore you and
might even blacklist your address, so you will never be able to ask for
help for being an irritant who doesn't do their own due diligence.

Read the docs on the wiki before posting questions about Bitmessage.
Also check out Bitmessage on Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/Bitmessage.

WARNING
-=-=-=-=-

The technical nature of the Bitmessage protocol draws trolls and
mentally ill persons whose sole aim is to disrupt the quiet enjoyment of
the technology. Such sick people are drawn because there is no
centralized way to hold them accountable or punish them for their bad
behavior. These rules of ettiquette will help you to enjoy a positive
experience free of the weirdness and disruption the trolls attempt to cause.

RULES OF ETTIQUETTE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. If posting to a public chan, always post FROM a private address. If
you post from the chan address, almost everyone but the trolls will
blacklist your messages. We who are sane only occasionally check public
channels to see if any new users are in trouble. Do not use the public
chan address as your FROM address when sending. Only do this when using
SECRET chans with friends.

2. Add public chan addresses to your blacklist. This will eliminate a
lot of spam and troll comments. There are a groups of highly aggressive
and mentally ill trolls who flood public chans just to annoy and harass
other users.

3. Never respond to a troll. Some of the trolls here are extremely
mentally ill and highly aggressive. They will take your response as an
invitation, like vampires do. If you and your friends are using SECRET
chans then you never need worry about trolls since they can't post to
your secret channels.

Recap rules # 1-3:
- always post FROM a private address
- blacklist the public chan addresses
- never respond to any troll, ever

4. Do not post messages asking if there are any active chans. The active
chans are SECRET and the groups using them are not going to invite
strangers, who will likely be trolls.

5. Create your own secret chans with your own group of friends. Then you
will have a active channel.

6. Never publish your secret channel name or address in any public chan.
The trolls will come there and ruin your experience and attempt to drive
you away from using Bitmessage. You have been warned. They will come.
They will target you. It's what they do.

Recap rules #4-6
- do not post messages asking if there are any active chans
- create your own secret chans with your own communicants
- keep your secret chan information and passphrase SECRET

From: BM-NBjBCxbhENBbtnRCtfVSvaA8naPbnhWg

Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

<tt8288$12bj$1@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13645&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13645

From: ouc...@spam.invalid (Spanky)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 09:57:28 -0600
 by: Spanky - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:57 UTC

On 2/22/23 20:39, Anonymous Bitmessage User wrote:

<le snippet>

These comments about trolls hold equally true for Usenet.

There are some real weirdo warriors up in here.

Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

<atefvhl6ie8m6cpuedcul656ql8f6vvhvm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13649&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13649

From: geo...@wxyz.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:20:45 -0600
 by: geo...@wxyz.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 19:20 UTC

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:39:29 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
<anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:

> RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS
>
> Free anonymous messaging: https://bitmessage.org
>
>If you are too impatient to read a wiki and follow instructions before
>asking random question then you are in the wrong place and you should
>leave now and uninstall your Bitmessage software. If you post questions
>about something mentioned in the wiki other users may ignore you and
>might even blacklist your address, so you will never be able to ask for
>help for being an irritant who doesn't do their own due diligence.

>WARNING
>-=-=-=-=-
>
>The technical nature of the Bitmessage protocol draws trolls and
>mentally ill persons whose sole aim is to disrupt the quiet enjoyment of
>the technology. Such sick people are drawn because there is no
>centralized way to hold them accountable or punish them for their bad
>behavior. These rules of ettiquette will help you to enjoy a positive
>experience free of the weirdness and disruption the trolls attempt to cause.

I think the attitude of the OP here shows that this program cannot be
trusted.

Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

<ttgl83$udv$1@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13679&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13679

From: tro...@slayer.invalid (Troll Slayer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:10:49 -0600
logging-data="31167"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@cyber23.de"
 by: Troll Slayer - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:10 UTC

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:20:45 -0600
geo@wxyz.com wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:39:29 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
> <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:
>

> > RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS
> >
> > Free anonymous messaging: https://bitmessage.org
> >
> >If you are too impatient to read a wiki and follow instructions
> >before asking random question then you are in the wrong place and
> >you should leave now and uninstall your Bitmessage software. If you
> >post questions about something mentioned in the wiki other users may
> >ignore you and might even blacklist your address, so you will never
> >be able to ask for help for being an irritant who doesn't do their
> >own due diligence.
>
> >WARNING
> >-=-=-=-=-
> >
> >The technical nature of the Bitmessage protocol draws trolls and
> >mentally ill persons whose sole aim is to disrupt the quiet
> >enjoyment of the technology. Such sick people are drawn because
> >there is no centralized way to hold them accountable or punish them
> >for their bad behavior. These rules of ettiquette will help you to
> >enjoy a positive experience free of the weirdness and disruption the
> >trolls attempt to cause.
> >

> I think the attitude of the OP here shows that this program cannot be
> trusted.

I think the attitude of the troll here shows that its remarks cannot be
trusted.

This naysayer is a federal concern and trust troll.

His statement is baseless. Let's parse the troll's statement to show its
evil intent and lack of factual basis.

The troll presented no evidence that the OP has anything to do with
maintaining the Bitmessage program. The troll wants the potential user
to assume that to set up his fear, uncertainty, and doubt attack. Strike
one.

The troll talks about an unspecified 'attitude' of the OP. This is
designed to make the reader think the OP is 'mean' or 'not nice' so the
reader will distrust or dislike the OP, rather than considering the
actual content of the OP's message. You have a bad attitude is a common
trope of authoritarians wanting to control you or other people's
response to the targeted person. Strike two.

Then without any evidence whatsoever the troll says the program cannot
be trusted. This is psychologically designed to make the reader afraid
so the reader will not even look into the program. Strike three.

The troll has struck out.

Concern and trust trolls use psychological tactics to spread FUD (fear,
uncertainty, doubt). They do this to target forums and means of
communication to prevent people from using secure communication, or to
derail discussion of things deemed dangerous by the troll's employer.

Bitmessage is a fine program for secure communication. It is vastly
more secure than the mixmaster remailer network. When used over a Tor
proxy it is vastly more secure than ANY other Internet messaging
protocol.

With Bitmessage you can form secret channels and have secret groups
discussing secret things in complete privacy and anonymity. It is not
possible for the organs of corporatism or statism to even know your
discussions exists in a secret Bitmessage channel.

If you are a moron, or if you like to pester people with questions
they've already answered many times, you deserve the cold shoulder.
Before getting involved in something you should RTFM. Anyone who
doesn't like that attitude is either an idiot or a federal troll.

Don't let people manipulate your emotions and opinions with baseless
appeals to psychological and emotional triggers.

So you may safely ignore the fascist troll and his FUD.

Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

<ecnnvhpsna22m29uni017attgt53fs7vd5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13683&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13683

From: geo...@wxyz.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:36:54 -0600
 by: geo...@wxyz.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:36 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:10:49 -0600, Troll Slayer
<troll@slayer.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:20:45 -0600
>geo@wxyz.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:39:29 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
>> <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:

DEL

>> I think the attitude of the OP here shows that this program cannot be
>> trusted.
>
>I think the attitude of the troll here shows that its remarks cannot be
>trusted.
DEL

>If you are a moron, or if you like to pester people with questions
>they've already answered many times, you deserve the cold shoulder.
>Before getting involved in something you should RTFM. Anyone who
>doesn't like that attitude is either an idiot or a federal troll.

This angry creep's attitude does little to promote anything, much less
such importants item like security and privacy.

Re: RULES AND HINTS FOR NEW BITMESSAGE USERS

<itonvhlsg4sug5u24b6igk19dq0tqcikhv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13684&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13684

From: geo...@wxyz.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:57:54 -0600
 by: geo...@wxyz.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:57 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:36:54 -0600, geo??@wxyz.com wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:10:49 -0600, Troll Slayer
><troll@slayer.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:20:45 -0600
>>geo@wxyz.com wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:39:29 -0600, Anonymous Bitmessage User
>>> <anonymous@bitmessage.user> wrote:
>>>

>DEL
>>>
>>> I think the attitude of the OP here shows that this program cannot be
>>> trusted.
>>
>>I think the attitude of the troll here shows that its remarks cannot be
>>trusted.
>DEL
>>
>>If you are a moron, or if you like to pester people with questions
>>they've already answered many times, you deserve the cold shoulder.
>>Before getting involved in something you should RTFM. Anyone who
>>doesn't like that attitude is either an idiot or a federal troll.
>>

>This angry creep's attitude does little to promote anything, much less
>such importants item like security and privacy.

Those ?? in the From: line are there because I was testing some
filtering and forgot to take them out.