From: no_spam_...@x_i_d.com (Bill Honaker)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Subject: Re: JToolkit communication with EMS
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 17:33:28 -0500
 by: Bill Honaker - Fri, 7 May 2021 22:33 UTC

On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilsonjohna@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All -
>
>I took a look at the most recent JToolkit documentation, and there does not seem to be a reference to using the EMS.
>
>Has anyone done any work with Java on the HP NonStop that writes out to the EMS log?
>
>I am thinking that the only method may be to use a JNI and make the call from C/C++ code, but I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.
>
>Thanks,
>John Wilson

John,

There use to be a log4j EMS appender included with NSJSP. It came with a JNI-based class library.
Logging then was managed the same wa that other log4j appenders work, but the messages go to $0.

As I recall it was a text-only event... so no tokenization.

Bill

Re: JToolkit communication with EMS

<1944f404-f116-4235-be8e-bf834783759bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=138&group=comp.sys.tandem#138

Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 11:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: rsbec...@nexbridge.com (Randall)
 by: Randall - Sat, 8 May 2021 18:52 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:33:31 p.m. UTC-4, Bill Honaker wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi All -
> >
> >I took a look at the most recent JToolkit documentation, and there does not seem to be a reference to using the EMS.
> >
> >Has anyone done any work with Java on the HP NonStop that writes out to the EMS log?
> >
> >I am thinking that the only method may be to use a JNI and make the call from C/C++ code, but I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >John Wilson
> John,
>
> There use to be a log4j EMS appender included with NSJSP. It came with a JNI-based class library.
> Logging then was managed the same wa that other log4j appenders work, but the messages go to $0.
>
> As I recall it was a text-only event... so no tokenization.
>
> Bill

My company has had a product that does tokenization in Java (it is a complete EMS/SPI library actually). It's been a while since there was interest but I'm happy to make it happen.

Regards,
Randall

Re: JToolkit communication with EMS

<555795bf-70b1-4088-9d02-1c108a921ad0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=139&group=comp.sys.tandem#139

Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 08:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: wilsonjo...@gmail.com (wilso...@gmail.com)
 by: wilso...@gmail.com - Mon, 10 May 2021 15:33 UTC

On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2:52:54 PM UTC-4, Randall wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:33:31 p.m. UTC-4, Bill Honaker wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi All -
> > >
> > >I took a look at the most recent JToolkit documentation, and there does not seem to be a reference to using the EMS.
> > >
> > >Has anyone done any work with Java on the HP NonStop that writes out to the EMS log?
> > >
> > >I am thinking that the only method may be to use a JNI and make the call from C/C++ code, but I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >John Wilson
> > John,
> >
> > There use to be a log4j EMS appender included with NSJSP. It came with a JNI-based class library.
> > Logging then was managed the same wa that other log4j appenders work, but the messages go to $0.
> >
> > As I recall it was a text-only event... so no tokenization.
> >
> > Bill
> My company has had a product that does tokenization in Java (it is a complete EMS/SPI library actually). It's been a while since there was interest but I'm happy to make it happen.
>
> Regards,
> Randall

Thanks for the responses! We will do some additional research on our side to see what options we might be able to find.