From: mar...@guess.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.cotse,alt.security,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Cotse Fraud
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 15:39:50 -0600
 by: mar...@guess.com - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 21:39 UTC

On Monday, 25 Jun 2007 07:43:26 -0600, buthead@anomail.com wrote:

>Privacy shield or Anonymous, both are on your web site. Which is it assholes?, why do you have anonymous on your site you fucking scammers!
> I thought no one can make you anonymous, especially you. LIARS

Nowhere does Cotse claim Anonymity for it's custormers.

Re: Cotse Fraud

<5382b125aee80273e530fd75dafd7309@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13722&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13722

From: ano...@anon.anon (anon)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 23:22:02 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.cotse,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.security
 by: anon - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:22 UTC

On 01 Mar 2023, marcus@guess.com posted some

> On Monday, 25 Jun 2007 07:43:26 -0600, buthead@anomail.com wrote:
>
>>Privacy shield or Anonymous, both are on your web site. Which is it
>>assholes?, why do you have anonymous on your site you fucking
>>scammers!
>> I thought no one can make you anonymous, especially you. LIARS
>>

> Nowhere does Cotse claim Anonymity for it's custormers.

oh?

Overview of Web Proxies

Support: Basics: Web Proxies

If you've never used a web proxy and have no idea why you need one, this
section is for you. In order to understand the importance of proxies in
protecting your family's privacy and security, it is helpful to start by
pointing out how much information you're revealing or risking if you do
not use a proxy when you surf the web or visit web sites.

So let's start this discussion with a little check or test. Click on this
link to use our proxy checker . You will see a page of data indicating
what information is available to any web site you visit. For now, just
scroll down the results page and look at the entry for REMOTE_ADDR. If you
are not accessing that site from behind a proxy, what you are seeing is
your own Internet Protocol (IP) address.

As we discussed in the overview of email protocols that Cotse.Net
supports, your IP is the Internet equivalent of your postal street
address. By using any number of freely available tools on the Internet,
people may be able to track your IP to see what area you're in. And if
your IP remains unchanging for a while, then they know exactly where
*your* computer is on the Internet and can try to access it remotely.

Using a proxy helps you hide your true IP from web sites you visit.
Instead of the web site seeing/logging your IP, all it gets is the IP of
the proxy you are using (in our case, one of our IPs). Please note that if
the web site has java/javascript or some other code to run local in your
browser, that could effectively remove the shield the proxy provides.

Web proxies may also protect you by stripping out ads, blocking popups,
and blocking javascript. Cotse.Net's proxies block malicious javascript,
ads, and other annoyances. They are also offered unfiltered if you'd
prefer to run your own local filtering.

To find out what a particular proxy actually can do for you, you need to
read its descriptions and limits.

To illustrate the privacy value of a proxy, consider the following
scenario that represents the unproxied connection. Let's assume that in
this example, you have connected to a web site (web site A), after which
you visit a second web site (Web Site B). Although it may seem as if you
are making direct connections, remember that you are actually connecting
to these sites (which themselves sit on remote web servers) via your ISP
(Internet Service Provider).

In the unproxied state scenario above:

Your ISP can see that you connected to Web Site A and that you then went
on to Web Site B.
Web Site A can see your IP, what OS (operating system) you are using, what
site you were on before you came there, what pages you visited on their
site, and where you went after you left their site.
Web Site B can see your IP, what OS you are using, that you came from Web
Site A, what pages you visited on Site B, and where you went when you left
there.
If you use a plain http web proxy, however, the situation changes. With a
plain http proxy:

Your ISP can see that you connected to the proxy and that you then went to
Web Site A and Web Site B
Web Site A can no longer see your IP. They see the proxy's IP, which
protects much of your privacy.
Web Site B can also no longer see your IP and sees only the proxy's IP.
As you can see, the proxy has added some protection for you, but you can
see that your ISP still has the ability to monitor or track your
activities on the Web. To prevent them from seeing where you're going, you
need to add in another layer of security or to somehow encrypt your
communication so that it cannot be intercepted. One way to accomplish this
is by adding Stunnel to your setup. Stunnel essentially provides you with
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) functionality for your non-SSL connections such
as http.

By adding Stunnel to your browser configuration, your ISP can tell that
there's activity/traffic from your IP, but they can't see where you're
going.

CAUTION: Java runs on YOUR local machine. Java can break your anonymity.
With the Cotse.Net proxy, java trying to connect back to you will cause
another authentication (proxy login) prompt. Deny it if anonymity is
important to you (click cancel until it stops prompting).

If anonymity is very important, disable java in your browser. There is no
way to guarantee anonymity if you let applications run on your local
machine from the web. You run them at your own risk.

At Cotse.Net, we provide two different methods of using our anonymous
proxies. One is via a web interface. Log into our site, type a url into
the proxy, click go, and surf away. The proxy strips your personal
information and shields you from the sites you visit. They cannot tell who
you are, so you are protected from them. In addition the web interface can
be accessed via high encryption. This protects you from your ISP or anyone
along the way snooping on what you surf. We also offer a cookie manager
and the ability to encode urls to protect them in your browser history.

The next method of anonymous proxy we offer is one that you can configure
in your browser and go. You don't have to use our web site to surf,
anywhere you surf is automatically protected by us. Our proxy removes
advertisements, popups and pop unders, kick throughs (ads that
automatically redirect you if you move your mouse over them), web based
viruses, and malicious javascript. It also hides your Internet address and
hides the software you use. All effortlessly because it was configured
once in your browser. As with all services this is available via high
encryption to protect you from others snooping.

<title>Privacy Service</title>

<!--
font { font-family : Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif }
EM { font-variant : small-caps;
font-style : normal }
-->

web surfing, private IM, and more.">

hosting, ssh tunnel, ssh, anonymous, IM">

" __wm.wombat("http://www.cotse.net:80/basics-
webproxies.html","20090304051614""