"We came. We saw. We kicked its ass." -- Bill Murray, _Ghostbusters_

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.Andy Burnelli
`* Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.nospam
 +* Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.Bob Campbell
 |`- Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.Andy Burnelli
 `- Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.Andy Burnelli

1
Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

<sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13786&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13786

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:49:13 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:49 UTC

nospam wrote:

> they do not force a periodic login you got yourself into that situation.

And yet, they do.
<https://i.postimg.cc/sfZ0XP71/osupdate02.jpg> Deleting Siri stuff works
<https://i.postimg.cc/nLjqk2HD/osupdate03.jpg> Even iOS updates work
<https://i.postimg.cc/gj0r2cBP/osupdate01.jpg> iOS 13.5 to iOS 15.3.1
<https://i.postimg.cc/bJPKDSZ1/osupdate04.jpg> Can't download an app twice

Apple will let me download & install apps and even an entire operating
system, but I can't access even a single file that is stored on the iCloud.

Simply because I haven't logged into the iCloud manually for four years.

> of course, those who do use the cloud, no matter what provider, will
> log into it and remain logged into it so that they can enjoy all of its
> benefits.

My point to anyone who claims the cloud is "safe" is that, poof, it's gone.
<https://i.postimg.cc/8zSvshQf/appleid04.jpg> *All your iCloud data? Poof!

All your data.
Everything.

Poof.
Gone.

All you have to do is _not_ log into the iCloud, & poof, your data is gone.
<https://i.postimg.cc/SKGfmgnK/appleid05.jpg> Poof. *All your data? Gone!*

>> I have an entire thread on the Apple newsgroup on this (multiple threads,
>> actually, as I have _two_ iPads where Apple did this to me) where NOBODY
>> knows how to solve the problem.
>
> yes they do know.
> the solution is log in.

Easy to say, nospam, but what you never look at are the cites I provided:
<https://i.postimg.cc/8zSvshQf/appleid04.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/SKGfmgnK/appleid05.jpg>

It doesn't matter _what_ login/password you give Apple after four years of
never having logged into the iCloud manually.

Apple unilaterally locks you out.
There is no known way back in (at least _you_ don't know it).

Neither do I.

> unfortunately for you, that won't work because you used a disposable
> email and have no idea what the password is either.

I know exactly what the login and passwords are because it _accepted_ them.

Then, the instant after accepting them, it locked me out (instantly).
<https://i.postimg.cc/8zSvshQf/appleid04.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/SKGfmgnK/appleid05.jpg>

Shitty web site doesn't even explain why.

> the problem is entirely of your own making.

I wonder where we heard that before?
Oh, yeah. iTunes.

Every flaw that Apple has, you claim is the users' fault.
*You're holding it wrong*
--
The point is that the iCloud is highly unreliable if you never log into it.
Apple will unilaterally lock you out of all your data with no help at all.

Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

<170220221810237906%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13787&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13787

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:10:23 -0500
References: <eqrr0ht5gv47iab4um81g3vl7h6vb12icm@4ax.com> <b2i1ei-gc6a.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <j76lmcFev8sU1@mid.individual.net> <m8o1ei-j2ja.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sulda4$136b$1@gioia.aioe.org> <MPG.3c77f207b3d1f49e98feb5@news.individual.net> <t%wPJ.37598$Y1A7.26466@fx43.iad> <j4at0hp7cvo084jgqe25ighr22u3ee3fbi@4ax.com> <sumfvb$sck$1@gioia.aioe.org> <170220221707568687%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: nospam - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:10 UTC

In article <sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Apple will let me download & install apps and even an entire operating
> system, but I can't access even a single file that is stored on the iCloud.

if you don't have your icloud login/pw, then there won't be anything on
icloud for you to access in the first place.

> Simply because I haven't logged into the iCloud manually for four years.

then whatever might be there is obviously not important to you.

Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

<OKqdnZwYOLZRg5L_nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13788&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13788

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
<sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<170220221810237906%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:21:32 -0600
 by: Bob Campbell - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 04:21 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
> <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Apple will let me download & install apps and even an entire operating
>> system, but I can't access even a single file that is stored on the iCloud.
>
> if you don't have your icloud login/pw, then there won't be anything on
> icloud for you to access in the first place.
>

>> Simply because I haven't logged into the iCloud manually for four years.
>
> then whatever might be there is obviously not important to you.

Once again, the resident iTroll is totally clueless about iAnything.

Pontificate for us once again Arlen. Explain how every iOS update
replaces the entire OS even if only 1 line of code was changed. 🙄

I just installed iOS 15.3.1. On multiple iThings. It was 140 MB. Is
that the entire OS Arlen?

Idiot.

Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

<suoihj$1qh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13789&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13789

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:46:33 +0000
References: <eqrr0ht5gv47iab4um81g3vl7h6vb12icm@4ax.com> <b2i1ei-gc6a.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <j76lmcFev8sU1@mid.individual.net> <m8o1ei-j2ja.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sulda4$136b$1@gioia.aioe.org> <MPG.3c77f207b3d1f49e98feb5@news.individual.net> <t%wPJ.37598$Y1A7.26466@fx43.iad> <j4at0hp7cvo084jgqe25ighr22u3ee3fbi@4ax.com> <sumfvb$sck$1@gioia.aioe.org> <170220221707568687%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org> <170220221810237906%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:46 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Apple will let me download & install apps and even an entire operating
>> system, but I can't access even a single file that is stored on the iCloud.
>
> if you don't have your icloud login/pw, then there won't be anything on
> icloud for you to access in the first place.

All you iKooks are posers as you _pretend_ to know something about Apple.
Apple is the antithesis of privacy.

The only place Apple is private is in their bullshit advertising slogans.
Attempt privacy risk Apple lockout & then destroying your investment.

The facts remain facts:
a. To own an iOS device is to risk Apple unilaterally destroying it.
b. To use the iCloud is to risk Apple unilaterally locking you out.

All you have to do is _not_ log into the Apple tracking servers.
(Or, log into the Apple tracking servers using the privacy of a VPN.)

Facts notwithstanding, I need to be gentle with people like you are, nospam,
because (a) you have no education at all, and (b) you have no technical
experience at all, and (c) you know iOS even less than I do (& I never claim
to be an expert in iOS so you really do not know anything about iOS nospam).

You are a poser.

You would be fired the first day on the job if a customer shows you what I
showed you and then you said the completely _ignorant_ things you just said.

1. Apple "ID Verification" prompts come up ten, twenty or more times a day.
<https://i.postimg.cc/LXzB3Lc0/appleid01.jpg>
2. Apple "Sign-in to iCloud" prompts come up a dozen or more times a day.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y9kkj19v/appleid12.jpg>
3. Apple won't let you sign in even with the _correct_ login & password.
<https://i.postimg.cc/8zSvshQf/appleid04.jpg>
4. The Apple web site is so poorly designed it doesn't even tell you why.
<https://i.postimg.cc/SKGfmgnK/appleid05.jpg>
5. Eventually, as it did with one of my iPads already, Apple destroys it.
<https://i.postimg.cc/g008YhxP/appleid02.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/q75t7MSk/appleid03.jpg>
6. On my 2nd iPad, the Apple apps stop working (but everything else works!)
<https://i.postimg.cc/hhFNJ5mq/appleid010.jpg>
7. Every single day, many times a day, you're confronted with tracking crap
such as this "Some account services require you to sign in again"
<https://i.postimg.cc/nrFHSvby/appleid11.jpg>
8. Interestingly, you can update your iOS (which I almost never do) as shown
here where I updated this week from iOS 13 to iOS 15 (and it let me).
<https://i.postimg.cc/nLjqk2HD/osupdate03.jpg>
9. And you can wipe out your Siri recordings (due to the recent zero-day).
<https://i.postimg.cc/sfZ0XP71/osupdate02.jpg>
10. Yet Apple tracking servers still require "Apple ID Verification"
<https://i.postimg.cc/gj0r2cBP/osupdate01.jpg>
11. And, you can install an app, but if you delete it, you can't re-install.
<https://i.postimg.cc/bJPKDSZ1/osupdate04.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZR5mZ287/appleid07.jpg>
12. In the end, if you attempt that forced validation on VPN, Apple
unilaterally destroys your investment by locking you out of it forever!
<https://i.postimg.cc/q75t7MSk/appleid03.jpg>
13. All because Apple tracking servers _require_ periodic ID verification.
<https://i.postimg.cc/8k3GQyj4/appleid09.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/q75t7MSk/appleid03.jpg>

All this happens if you don't log into Apple tracking servers periodically.
(And because you used VPN in the Apple-tracking "ID Verification" step.)

>> Simply because I haven't logged into the iCloud manually for four years.
>
> then whatever might be there is obviously not important to you.

And yet you don't understand a single thing about how iOS works, nospam.
That's because you only do _exactly_ what the walled garden asks you to do.

I don't.
I don't want to be tracked by Apple which tracks everything you do.

You only know Apple slogans, nospam.
You have no comprehension of what Apple actually does.

Again, it's because of three fundamental correct observations about you:
a. You have literally no education whatsoever
b. You clearly have no technical experience
c. As a result, you know iOS even less than I do

BTW, almost _everything_ is poorly designed at Apple, even the trust prompt.
<https://i.postimg.cc/hvCnqdj4/trust01.jpg> 9:35PM PC trust established
<https://i.postimg.cc/qMzV3gqn/trust02.jpg> 9:36PM PC trust required again!

Notice Apple never bothers to tell you that the prompt will come up forever,
every single time you connect to a PC that doesn't have iTunes installed!
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778>
--
All these iKooks are posers as they _pretend_ to know something about Apple.

Re: One more easy way to copy pictures from phone to computer.

<suokll$14tc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13790&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13790

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 17:22:51 +0000
References: <eqrr0ht5gv47iab4um81g3vl7h6vb12icm@4ax.com> <b2i1ei-gc6a.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <j76lmcFev8sU1@mid.individual.net> <m8o1ei-j2ja.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sulda4$136b$1@gioia.aioe.org> <MPG.3c77f207b3d1f49e98feb5@news.individual.net> <t%wPJ.37598$Y1A7.26466@fx43.iad> <j4at0hp7cvo084jgqe25ighr22u3ee3fbi@4ax.com> <sumfvb$sck$1@gioia.aioe.org> <170220221707568687%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sumjdj$bfn$1@gioia.aioe.org> <170220221810237906%nospam@nospam.invalid> <OKqdnZwYOLZRg5L_nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@supernews.com>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 17:22 UTC

Bob Campbell wrote:

> I just installed iOS 15.3.1. On multiple iThings. It was 140 MB. Is
> that the entire OS Arlen?

These iKooks are completely oblivious of _how_ iOS actually works.

However, I should be gentle as the iKooks are clueless about what I said,
not because they didn't read what I said, but for these three key reasons:
a. None of the iKooks has _any_ formal education past high school
b. None of the iKooks has _any_ experience in any technical field
c. As a result, none of the iKooks knows iOS any better than I do

They believe _everything_ that is hinted at in an Apple advertisement.
But never in actual facts.

What's interesting is they _pretend_ to know iOS, while I never make any
claims to know iOS well since I use iOS only as a learning platform.

What's revealing though, is these iKooks have no idea _how_ Apple release
iOS. They "think" Apple can release a single line of code, for example.

Who is _that_ stupid, but the iKooks!

They _pretend_ to understand iOS and yet they are clueless that iOS is a
primitive monolithic clusterfuck which prevents Apple from releasing even
Safari zero-day holes via bugfixes that are _already_ fixed.

For weeks, Apple has to prepare an entire iOS release just to fix a single
line of code in Apple's web kit for example.

Yet these iKooks are completely oblivious of _how_ iOS actually works.
Why?

I don't know why.
I suspect it's for three reasons (alone).
1. They are uneducated
2. They are technically incompetent
3. They _believe_ everything in an Apple advertisement.

The only thing they don't believe in, is the truth based on facts.
--
Never forget Apple spends the most in marketing & the least in R&D.