From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: How is Apple making money off the login information they forcibly collect from iOS users?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 19:22:21 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 19 Feb 2022 19:22 UTC

How is Apple making money off the login information that Apple forcibly
collects from it's billions of iOS users every moment of every day?
<https://www.apple.com/privacy/docs/A_Day_in_the_Life_of_Your_Data.pdf>

In a recent Windows 11 thread, it appears Microsoft is going the way of
Apple by forcibly requiring users to maintain a login to the mothership.

That means only Android, of all the major common consumer operating systems,
does _not_ require periodic logging into the mothership moving forward.

Apple goes so far as to _force_ periodic logging in so that Apple can
maintain their tracking of thousands upon thousands of bits of your data.

Most of you never stray outside the walled garden, but for those who
exercise their freedom to do so, Apple will _destroy_ your iOS device.
(Don't believe me? Ask me for proof. I'll gladly supply that proof.)

The iKooks will deny Apple does what Apple does; but that's only because
they _hate_ what Apple does (so they brazenly deny what even Apple admits).

Still... the question is valid from an adult perspective, is it not?
*How does Apple make money off of _requiring_ a forced mothership login?*

BTW, at least Apple "claims" to not _sell_ that information that Apple
forcibly requires and forcibly collects from its billions of iOS users.

Apple "claims" to only want to serve you their ads (sort of how the Martian
only wanted to "serve man" if you know anything about The Twighlight Zone).

Apple even allows you to opt out of that ad serving.
But Apple refuses to allow you to opt out of the forcible data collection.

And yet, Apple _will_ allow you to ask for the tons of data they collected.
(See the references in the sig, where the amount is simply astounding!)

The question for intelligent people is...
*How is Apple making money off of the forced mothership login requirement?*