Linux is obsolete -- Andrew Tanenbaum

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / This is the only QSL template that works for me

SubjectAuthor
* This is the only QSL template that works for meNomen Nescio
+- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for menobody
+* Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meAnonymous
|`- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meanonymous
+- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meanon
+* Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meNomen Nescio
|`- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meNomen Nescio
+- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meAnonymous Remailer
`* Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meanon
 `- Re: This is the only QSL template that works for meanonymous

1
This is the only QSL template that works for me

<959a496a3a493f6a040d8e7f7f50f5dc@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13793&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13793

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: This is the only QSL template that works for me
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 00:24:35 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 23:24 UTC

I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.

The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum or
paranoia.

The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.

I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<60645b839efb1f266b74d6139bc3908e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13795&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13795

From: not...@here.org (nobody)
Subject: Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 02:16:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: nobody - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 01:16 UTC

On 10 Mar 2023, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some

> I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.

QSL was never finished.

> The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum or
> paranoia.

Then it's a user problem. I'd warrant a motivation and reading issue.

Try mailrelay.archiade.net:2525
> The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.
>
> I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

Not exactly true. It's not YAMN that doesn't work.

"...CancelSynchronousIo..."

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<20230311.033816.b7165335@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13797&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13797

From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 03:38:16 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 03:38 UTC

On 10 Mar 2023, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some

> I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.
>
> The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum
or
> paranoia.
>
> The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.

Then you haven't used it properly. Pay close attention to the
smtp.log and your submission chain.

> I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

Well, that's not exactly the truth, the whole truth and nothing but
the truth.

yamn works fine with windows xp. socat doesn't.

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<20230311.070247.14d4602a@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13798&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13798

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 07:02:47 +0000
From: remai...@domain.invalid (anon)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: anon - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 07:02 UTC

On 10 Mar 2023, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some

> I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.
>
> The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum
or
> paranoia.
>
> The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.
>
> I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

This post comes via YAMN client v0.4.05 build 1322 running on
Windows XP 64 bit, Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790].

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<84db650a4175419e6cad80d078363ab7@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13799&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13799

From: anonym...@anonymous.net (anonymous)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:48:12 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: anonymous - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 07:48 UTC

On 10 Mar 2023, Anonymous <remailer@domain.invalid> posted some

> On 10 Mar 2023, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some
>>
> yamn works fine with windows xp. socat doesn't.

explain please

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<0f55ff86cb006febb299c16d0c26421e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13801&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13801

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 10:03:27 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 09:03 UTC

In article <959a496a3a493f6a040d8e7f7f50f5dc@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.
>
> The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum or
> paranoia.

Any valid smtp server will work for Host: if configured and used
properly.

> The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.

This post entered via tnetconsulting.

> I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

Test it yourself.

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<20230311.102255.34958194@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13803&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13803

From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 10:22:55 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 10:22 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.
>
>The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum or
>paranoia.
>
>The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.
>
>I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)

OmniMix comes with an XP-compatible YAMN binary:

| 2.6.4 Bugfix: A modification of the Tor NewNym or Data update interval is now
| immediately active.
| Bugfix: The Log list showed empty username and password data with requests
| processed by the .onion TorIP/TorFile HTTP server.
| 'Copy Address' popup menu item added to the Nym Accounts lists.
| Tor executable file 0.4.5.10, which fails to deliver the system's WAN
| address with the 'GETINFO ADDRESS' command, replaced by version
| 0.4.4.6, combined with an elective libevent-2-1-7.dll regression also
| re-establishing Windows XP compatibility.
| Where appropriate, the installer now deploys a Windows XP compatible Yamn
| executable compiled with Go version 1.10.8 Windows 386.
| FPCLAZup updated (v2.2.0h/20220106/i386-win32).

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<92d76dc8e2da86ba5158cc40cf891c84@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13804&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13804

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:49:31 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:49 UTC

On 3/11/2023 1:03 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Any valid smtp server will work for Host: if configured and used
> properly.

+1

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<20230311.224419.da12d56d@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13808&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13808

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 22:44:19 +0000
From: nore...@mixmin.net (anon)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: anon - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 22:44 UTC

On 11 Mar 2023, Anonymous Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> posted
some

> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>>I think QSL is being "deprecated" - I hate that stupid word.
>>
>>The fleegle SMTP is the only one that posts for me through dizum
or
>>paranoia.
>>
>>The tnet SMTP supposedly posts, but never shows up.
>>
>>I've been told that yamn doesn't work with Win XP. (?)
>
> OmniMix comes with an XP-compatible YAMN binary:
>
> | immediately active.
> | processed by the .onion TorIP/TorFile HTTP server.
> | 'Copy Address' popup menu item added to the Nym Accounts
lists.
> | Tor executable file 0.4.5.10, which fails to deliver the
system's WAN
> | address with the 'GETINFO ADDRESS' command, replaced by
version
> | 0.4.4.6, combined with an elective libevent-2-1-7.dll
regression also
> | re-establishing Windows XP compatibility.
> | Where appropriate, the installer now deploys a Windows XP
compatible Yamn
> | executable compiled with Go version 1.10.8 Windows 386.
> | FPCLAZup updated (v2.2.0h/20220106/i386-win32).

I sometimes run the YAMN_Remailer_Client_v40.4.05_[build_1322] on a
Windows XP x64 VM
hosted by Hyper-V on Windows 10 and OmniMix 2.6.8'. It works fine
as long as you don't
try to use it with Tor enabled. I run the same combo on Win 2008R2,
10 and 11 with Tor.

socat.exe will error out during load, not the YAMN client when
executing on XP.

"socat.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point CancelSynchronousIo could not be located
in the dynamic link
library KERNEL32.dll."

This is simple to work around, use OmniMix as the SMTP outgoing
server.

In the YAMN client, add a relay host, "127.0.0.1:25", uncheck the
Use TOR box.

It will send via Omnimix. On the OmniMix Server, Mail Snd (SMTP)
tab, change the SSL
value to TLS disabled, else the client will appear to hang on
sending. Killing the
process will send the message regardless.

Communication is between two applications on the same host, both
under your control, so
no risk.

Is there a security risk? Depends on your personal risk assessment.

The message / post will still be encrypted even if the Use TOR box
is unchecked,
so no in this case.
The server where you get pubring.mix and mlist2.txt will see your
host connect and
download those two files one time.
Everything else occurs via YAMN and OmniMix on the same host and its
very reliable.

Re: This is the only QSL template that works for me

<20230312.094449.34c04165@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13820&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13820

From: nore...@mixmin.net (anonymous)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:44:49 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: anonymous - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:44 UTC

On 11 Mar 2023, anon <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

> Everything else occurs via YAMN and OmniMix on the same host and
its
> very reliable.

Thanks I will try this.