Logic is the chastity belt of the mind!

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

SubjectAuthor
* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
+* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19RocketSurgeon
|+* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
||+- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
||`- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
| `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|  +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
|  |`- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|  `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|   `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|    +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    |`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|    | +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    | |`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|    | | `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    | |  +- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    | |  `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|    | |   `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    | |    +- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    | |    `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|    | `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
|    |  +- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Joerg Lorenz
|    |  `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|    `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
|     +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Chris
|     |+* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
|     ||`- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|     |`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|     | `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19nospam
|     |  `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
|     `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Not nospam
 +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
 |`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 | +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19David Higton
 | |+* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
 | ||`- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 | |+* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 | ||`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19David Higton
 | || +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 | || +* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
 | || `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Ken Blake
 | ||  `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19YK
 | |`* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
 | | `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 | `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19nospam
 |  `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 |   `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli
 |    `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Alan
 `* Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19sms
  `- Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19Andy Burnelli

Pages:123
Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<suiqte$tr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13777&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13777

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,alt.cellular
Subject: Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:32:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:32 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:18:08 +0000, Chris wrote:

> Avoiding the vaccine is not the evidence-based choice.

Chris,

Below are very adult concepts I'm providing to you, free of charge. :)

Those most ignorant, tend to be the wacko Democrats, and hence they're also
the most scared, and, hence the most likely to use scare tactics, and hence
the most likely to use force instead of logic, science, sense, and reason.

Let's be honest with each other please. I accept the facts below. Do you?
a. *Some people are _scared shitless_ of covid*
b. *Some are not*

For example, I'm not in the least "afraid" of covid, and more to the point,
I'm not afraid of other people (which is the _most important_ concept!).

And yet, I made my own decision (based on facts!) whether or not to be shot.
My Body. My Choice.

> People who do
> "their own research" are simply trying to confirm their own bias by
> finding the most niche or tiny study which, at best, happens to have
> been published.

What percentage of people have {virology,genetics,immunology} degrees Chris?
What percentage of people have a license to practice medicine, Chris?

Let's be honest about what you just said Chris, which is a key point in that
the percentage of people who can do "their own research" is, IMHO, very low.
a. Those who are scared shitless, are almost completely ignorant
b. So are most of those who are not

> More typically it's simply "information" shared by
> crackpot websites or "influencers" who are generating clickbait for
> their own gain.

On that topic of "information sharing", I don't know if you've noticed, but
_every_ post from Steve was scare mongering, because of this set of facts.
a. Those who are scared, for some reason, tend to be wacko Democrats
b. Those who are not, for whatever reason, tend _not_ to be wacko Democrats

Notice what I'm claiming, which is that the "problem" is only that the wacko
Democrats can't _control_ everyone else. That, you see, is the problem.

And that is exactly _why_ Steve _loved_ that making people lose their jobs
is what makes Steve happy: Which is why he posted this thread in such glee!
a. The Democrats will {lie,cheat,steal,etc} to _force_ you to get shot up
b. Everyone else just wants _choice_ to be allowed to decide for themselves

And no, if your job depends on that choice, it's _not_ a choice.
(That sms claims it is just proves my point how evil wackos like Steve are.)
a. Wacko Democrats don't care about anyone - they care only about themselves
b. Everyone else just wants to be left alone to make their own choices

> The only exceptions are if people have a genuine medical exemption. Not
> a medical exemption that they bought off the internet.

The fundamental question is whether or not we have the freedom of choice.
a. The wackos (mostly Democrats) want to take away that freedom of choice
b. Everyone else just wants to be able to choose their medical procedures

> Novak's case is a clear example of not a genuine medical exemption.

I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but anecdotal evidence is not science.
You & I can illustrate anything, even the earth being flat, with anecdotes.

Anecdotes have their place, where, for example, analogies can be anecdotes.
But anecdotes are not science.
*Why subjective anecdotes often trump objective data*

<https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-anecdotal-evidence-can-undermine-scientific-results/>
>> Given Steve is completely ignorant of Covid, what gives him the right to
>> claim that the only good choice is the choice _he_ made?
>
> What gives people the right to claim "my body, my choice"?

In the USA, we lost hundreds of thousands of lives, for our freedom.
The wacko Democrats, like Steve, want to throw all of that blood away.

Besides, you may not know this, but "My Body My Choice" is Steve's slogan.
Not mine.

Were the wacko Democrats merely lying (again) when they claimed that?
a. Yes. They lied. (again)
b. No. They actually _believe_ in what they proclaim is their foundation.
(Pick one)
--
Those most ignorant, tend to be the wacko Democrats, and hence they're also
the most scared, and, hence the most likely to use scare tactics, and hence
the most likely to use force instead of logic, science, sense, and reason.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<suj12s$18c9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13778&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13778

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:18:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:18 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 22:33:37 GMT, David Higton wrote:

>> You have the freedom to make bad choices as long as you're willing to
>> accept the consequences.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60391876

*Novak Djokovic is urged by the UK health secretary to reflect on his Covid jab refusal*
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60391876>
"The men's world number one told the BBC he was prepared to miss
top tournaments to defend his freedom of choice."

He's an intelligent man because he _knows_ what this is all about.

It's about freedom.
Freedom of Choice.

*My Body*. *My Choice*.

You have to stop calling it a "bad choice" just because you made that choice
and other people (many of whom are far more knowledgeable than you) didn't.

a. Those who are scared shitless, want to _force_ others to do what they do.
b. Those who are logical, sensible and reasonable allow others their choice.

For obvious reasons, most people are ignorant, but for whatever reason, the
most ignorant appear to be the most wacky of the Democrats, and that's just
an observation that they're the same ones who are most scared of guns, and
most scared of climate change, and most scared of religion, etc.

Steve, for example, is so far wacko off to the left that he probably doesn't
even realize _every_ word out of his mouth is to monger fear and fear alone.

Not logic.
Not science.
Not fact.

But fear.

The _entire_ argument of these wacko Democrats goes something like this:
a. I don't know anything about Covid
b. But it's one of a billion things that can kill you
c. Or, it won't harm you (it doesn't leave a scratch on most people)
d. But I want to make this a political issue nonetheless
e. Even as it's purely a medical decision that is yours alone to make
f. Oh way, that was abortion. Forget what I said.
g. You have no choice now.
h. Because I am scared.
i. I wasn't scared of abortion, so I said it's your body & your choice.
j. But now I'm scared shitless so you lose all your rights instantly.
k. If you don't want to lose your rights, then you'll lose your job.
l. Heh heh... We wacko Democrats are so sleazy. We lied. You lose.
m. We wacko Democrats never give a shit about you anyway.
n. We wackos only care about ourselves and our political party.
o. We blame anyone who is logical on the _other_ political party!
p. Don't even try to speak facts to we wacko Democrats.
q. We don't give a shit about facts.
r. All we care about is fear mongering.
s. The more fear mongering we can do on Climate, the more tax we make.
t. The more fear mongering we can do on guns, the more safe we feel.
u. The more fear mongering we can do on covid, the more safe we feel.
v. If you don't do what I want you to do then I will take away your job.
w. If you aren't driven purely by fear like I am I will ridicule you.
x. I will try to scare you by telling you how horrible it is to die.
y. Even though scare tactics only work in stupid people like other wackos.
z. I feel safe now that I have forced everyone to be stupid like I am.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<suj5sn$56h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13779&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13779

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 07:40:05 -0800
 by: sms - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:40 UTC

On 2/16/2022 12:01 AM, Chris wrote:
> Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:47:37 GMT, David Higton wrote:
>>
>>> It's interesting that Novak Djokovic has just given an interview on
>>> the BBC, in which he states he doesn't want to be vaccinated, and
>>> that he accepts the consequences.
>>
>> A single bit of off-the-wall anecdotal evidence is not science.
>
> It demonstrates that no-one is being forced. Everyone has a choice. The
> reasonable reaction to not getting vaccinated is to accept the
> consequences.

Exactly, he's not out there driving around (or blocking traffic) with a
Serbian flag in a pickup truck, honking his horn, with a big sign
demanding "Freedom."

On the other hand, he is not making an informed decision, and his
statements on the issue have made it clear that it's not that he doesn't
believe that the vaccine is safe or effective, he just doesn't want
being vaccinated to be a precondition of competing.

In the U.S., there are some people that are refusing to be vaccinated to
"own the libs," even though even Trump has urged people to be
vaccinated. They come up with a bunch of ridiculous excuses, the
stupidest being "I need to do my own research" as if they have the
slightest qualifications to do so. They are not making evidence based
choices and they lack the credentials, scientific knowledge, and logical
thinking skills to understand how Covid-19 spreads and how the spread
can be prevented; some even lie about the death rates! And all this
would be okay, as long as they isolate if they refuse to be vaccinated
and refuse to wear masks, but since that would be admitting that they
are engaging in stupid behavior, they want to be out there mixing with
people that are smart enough to take the pandemic seriously.

There was someone in rec.bicycles.tech (who makes our favorite troll
look like a genius) who stomped out of a bicycle shop, because the shop
insisted that he comply with the county mask mandate in effect. He
posted: "...the 20 year old or younger manager told me if I wouldn't
wear a mask they wouldn't sell me anything. So I came home and ordered
the tires and tubes on-line..." I sent an e-mail to the CEO of the bike
shop chain, thanking him for having his employees enforce the mask
mandate, and got a nice response from him "Thank you. Wow, he really
does sound like a jerk. Thanks for sticking up for us!!" Not only was
the shop manager just complying with the county mandate, other customers
would not want to be in a store with someone not wearing a mask. Losing
one small sale to an online merchant was no big deal.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<suj8p0$1m59$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13780&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13780

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:29:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:29 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 07:40:05 -0800, sms wrote:

> In the U.S., there are some people that are refusing to be vaccinated to
> "own the libs," even though even Trump has urged people to be
> vaccinated.

Adults will notice Steve is the one making a medical decision political.
It's the wackos like Steve who are the danger here - taking away our rights.
*My Body* *My Choice*

*Democrat wackos like Steve want to _force_ their choice into your body*

They're politicizing politics for their own purposes, where Steve revels in
_forcing_ people to be injected with substances they don't want in them.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<suj8re$1nmj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13781&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13781

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:30:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:30 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:29:21 -0000 (UTC), Andy Burnelli wrote:

> *Democrat wackos like Steve want to _force_ their choice into your body*
>
> They're politicizing politics for their own purposes, where Steve revels in
> _forcing_ people to be injected with substances they don't want in them.

ooops.

*They're politicizing _medicine_ for their own purposes...*

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<sujcem$nrk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13782&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13782

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:32:05 +0000
 by: Chris - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:32 UTC

On 16/02/2022 12:03, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:01:04 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:
>
>> It demonstrates that no-one is being forced. Everyone has a choice. The
>> reasonable reaction to not getting vaccinated is to accept the
>> consequences.
>
> Chris,
>
> If I have to teach you that anecdotes aren't science

The only one trying to pretend anecdotes are science is you. Apparently
you steadfast opinion - and it is only an opinion - regarding people's
fears is based on you asking them. I bet you didn't even use a
structured questionnaire.

Novak's case is a good example to demonstrate the consequences of not
getting the vaccine for your own reasons. He's also a great example of
not having a toddler tantrum over it.

If anyone's got a reason to be really upset it is him. He is foregoing
the chance to become the most successful male tennis player, ever. The
culmination of his almost 20-year career. That's quite some principles...

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<sujdc6$96d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13783&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13783

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:47:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:47 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:32:05 +0000, Chris wrote:

> The only one trying to pretend anecdotes are science is you.

Chris,
*What is revealing is how you & sms belittle people who stand on principle*

Like you, I _read_ the cites that people provide on this newsgroup.
That guy said he felt he had a right to decide for himself and he does.

Anecdotes have their place, but if you don't understand that I can show
almost anything I want to show with an anecdote, then you aren't as
intelligent as I've been assuming you are.

It's a classic trick of advertisers, for example.
HINT: The "testimonial" where people claim a gimmick "really works!"

BTW, assuming you _read_ the anecdotal article also... what's the problem?
What right does he have to his feelings don't you want to allow him to have?

> Apparently
> you steadfast opinion - and it is only an opinion - regarding people's
> fears is based on you asking them. I bet you didn't even use a
> structured questionnaire.

Have you read a _single_ thing _you_ wrote Chris?
It's _all_ about your intense uncontrollable mind-numbing crazed fears.

> Novak's case is a good example to demonstrate the consequences of not
> getting the vaccine for your own reasons. He's also a great example of
> not having a toddler tantrum over it.

Every person has the right to make a choice of whether or not they want a
foreign substance forced into their bodies by other people who are almost
always dumber than a rock, Chris.

You think Steve understands _anything_ about Covid, Chris?
You know absolutely nothing about Covid, Chris.

Hell, you don't even know the most common metric of a pandemic, Chris.
And neither does Steve.

Do you really want people _that_ dumb forcing drugs into your body?
Even if that novel new drug is FDA approved for general use?
<https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/full-fda-approval-of-a-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-should-know>

Well, you do.
But I allow others to make the choice for themselves.

That's where we differ.
You want people to do what you want them to do --- by force.
I want them to make an informed choice.

> If anyone's got a reason to be really upset it is him. He is foregoing
> the chance to become the most successful male tennis player, ever. The
> culmination of his almost 20-year career. That's quite some principles...

What I find interesting is how you belittle people who stand on principle.
--
It's telling how Steve and Chris belittle people who are principled.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<sujepi$123m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13784&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13784

From: yourkidd...@yahoo.com (YK)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:12:02 -0500
 by: YK - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 18:12 UTC

On 2/15/22 5:30 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:47:37 GMT, David Higton <dave@davehigton.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> In message <sufhmk$1cvt$1@gioia.aioe.org>
>> Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>>> And yet it's _you_ who hasn't provided even a _single_ cite for your
>>> claims. Not me. You.
>>>
>>> BTW, I get it that you're likely just "Steve" pretending to be David
>>> Higton. (Same as "joe" which allows Steve to then _respond_ to his own
>>> posts.)
>>>
>>> But it doesn't matter since the fact remains as I have stated it logically:
>>> *Not once in this thread have you (aka David Higton) provided a cite*
>>>
>>> Not even once. Everything you've claimed, so far, is pure bullshit.
>>>
>>> And that is proven by the fact I asked you for cites, & you never gave any.
>>> Because it's _you_ who can't back up your outlandish claims.
>>>
>>> You demonize anyone who disagrees with your purely imaginary belief
>>> systems. You _hate_ me because you have no adult response to the facts I
>>> provided.
>>>
>>> In fact, you _hate_ me because I _do_ think logically. You base your entire
>>> belief system on fear and fear alone.
>>>
>>> And you _hate_ that you can't _control_ people like me, Steve, on pure
>>> fear.
>>
>> My "belief system" is called Science.
>>
>> I utterly fail to understand why you say "You base your entire belief
>> system on fear and fear alone." There is no truth in what you say, of
>> course.
>

> Because he's a troll. Please don't reply to trolls. Killfile them.

Some folks just have to argue, even though they know they will not
change minds. The thing I'm surprised about is that this topic is not
relevant to newsgroups purpose, but has gone on and one despite that fact.

YK

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<sujk6q$1po0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13785&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13785

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:44:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:44 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:58:50 -0800, sms wrote:

> The whole alt-right movement is based on mindlessly and endlessly
> chanting slogans and spreading fake information.

Was that slogan of yours Steve just another of your sleazy political lies?
*My Body*... *My Choice*...

Why do you deprecate anyone who thinks for themselves, Steve.
Why must you force everyone to toe _your party line_ in how _they_ think?

Besides, wasn't it you, who mindlessly and endlessly chanted your slogan:
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*... My Body My Choice
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
*My Body*... *My Choice*...
You lied to us for _years_ about the FCC coverage maps, Steve.
And you didn't tell us you were _paid_ by Verizon to shill them.

Was that slogan of yours Steve just another of your sleazy political lies?

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<270220221742390728%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13825&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13825

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 17:42:39 -0500
References: <suef7h$1nr8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sutn2q$b8q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <suvgnc$tpa$1@dont-email.me> <sv0pvj$1kt$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv0qg0$ijt$2@dont-email.me> <sv103l$12ft$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv2iau$ps4$1@dont-email.me> <sv32cb$145j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv3evg$gmj$1@dont-email.me> <sv3s1j$1pde$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv4q3r$ddf$1@dont-email.me> <sv5nv1$1qr6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bb00ecbf59.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM> <sv8no3$3q9$1@dont-email.me> <svbpds$1lef$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svd4ab$r0e$1@dont-email.me> <svddnm$k17$1@dont-email.me> <svdldt$p4v$1@dont-email.me> <svdnmh$9kp$1@dont-email.me> <svdo2r$1ulp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svfn5r$6mf$1@dont-email.me> <svgs7h$1mlt$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: nospam - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:42 UTC

In article <svgs7h$1mlt$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Whether or not I'm intelligent is up to others to ascertain,

they've overwhelmingly determined that you are not.

> but rest
> assured I didn't matriculate from the finest schools in the country

too bad they weren't fine enough to teach you proper english.

> and
> retire early from Silicon Valley startups by being of low IQ like you.

by stock options or inheritance, not brains.

or maybe you won the lottery.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<svita6$29cdd$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13831&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13831

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:29:53 +0000
References: <suef7h$1nr8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv0pvj$1kt$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv0qg0$ijt$2@dont-email.me> <sv103l$12ft$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv2iau$ps4$1@dont-email.me> <sv32cb$145j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv3evg$gmj$1@dont-email.me> <sv3s1j$1pde$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv4q3r$ddf$1@dont-email.me> <sv5nv1$1qr6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bb00ecbf59.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM> <sv8no3$3q9$1@dont-email.me> <svbpds$1lef$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svd4ab$r0e$1@dont-email.me> <svddnm$k17$1@dont-email.me> <svdldt$p4v$1@dont-email.me> <svdnmh$9kp$1@dont-email.me> <svdo2r$1ulp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svfn5r$6mf$1@dont-email.me> <svgs7h$1mlt$1@gioia.aioe.org> <270220221742390728%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:29 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> retire early from Silicon Valley startups by being of low IQ like you.
>
> by stock options or inheritance, not brains.

I'm going to give out a little detail about my background as it's important
that adults understand _why_ these strange iKooks exist, and what they do.

You're right that I lucked out on the stock options because ISO's weren't
taxed as NSOs are now so I made thousands on the penny at each IPO (although
I also paid twice my income in AMT tax due to IRS imputed ISO values too)
until they finally, when I retired, only gave us RSA's due to tax issues.

My point isn't that I'm intelligent as what I say is what matters most.
My point is all you strange iKooks are _different_ from normal people.

And my point is that most people don't understand why.
Personally, I've never met someone in the flesh as strange as the iKooks.

But you iKooks exist so I'm forced to accept that I need to understand you.
1. Most normal people can _accept_ facts, even if they hate them.
2. iKooks can't.
3. Because the iKook belief systems are not based on facts.

In fact:
a. Facts are a dire threat to the iKooks' belief systems.
b. So are people who bear facts (they all blame the authors of news)
c. It's due to iKook low self esteem, low IQ, and a paucity of education

The iKooks are most easily exemplified by assuming they are fifth-grade
ignorant bullies who failed every test and had to be held back by years.

a. iKooks _believe_ the MARKETING trick that Santa Claus is real
b. When told Santa isn't real, they _react_ to fact with visceral hatred
c. The reason is that the facts instantly _destroy_ their belief systems

These fifth grade ignorant low-self-esteem bullies act like you iKooks do.
--
I don't care that iKooks are uneducated & of low IQ & low self esteem, but
_because_ of those things, they are ignorant of what Apple actually does.

Even then I don't care except when iKooks brazenly deny what no adult would.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<svjnfc$2bj0e$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13833&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13833

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 23:56:24 +0000
References: <suef7h$1nr8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv0qg0$ijt$2@dont-email.me> <sv103l$12ft$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv2iau$ps4$1@dont-email.me> <sv32cb$145j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv3evg$gmj$1@dont-email.me> <sv3s1j$1pde$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv4q3r$ddf$1@dont-email.me> <sv5nv1$1qr6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bb00ecbf59.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM> <sv8no3$3q9$1@dont-email.me> <svbpds$1lef$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svd4ab$r0e$1@dont-email.me> <svddnm$k17$1@dont-email.me> <svdldt$p4v$1@dont-email.me> <svdnmh$9kp$1@dont-email.me> <svdo2r$1ulp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svfn5r$6mf$1@dont-email.me> <svgs7h$1mlt$1@gioia.aioe.org> <270220221742390728%nospam@nospam.invalid> <svita6$29cdd$1@news.mixmin.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 23:56 UTC

This thread is patently about FORCE.
Specifically the Democrats, for purely political reasons, advocating force.
*Your Body* *_Their Choice_!*

I advocate for intelligent choice.
I advocate for human rights.

One of my science and engineering degrees is in the microbiological
sciences, so that's why I am able to see that almost everything the hoi
polloi _think_ they know about this novel Covid drug, is almost completely
wrong.

For example, kids have a 99.9998% chance of _not_ dying from Covid, and yet,
people like Steve, out of ignorance and fear, want to force _them_ to get
the shot even as the shot does _not_ protect kids from getting infected.

Read thees before you iKooks deny all facts that you simply don't like.

*Pfizer Shot Is Far Less Effective in 5 to 11 Year Olds Than in Older Kids*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/health/pfizer-vaccine-kids.html>
"*The vaccine offered almost no protection against infection*,
even just a month after full vaccination...
It still prevents severe illness in the children, but offers
*virtually no protection against infection* even within a month
after full immunization"

<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-11-2-3/03-COVID-Jefferson-508.pdf>
Page 20. 0.0002% of children aged 5 to 11 in the USA from October
to October 2020 to 2021 died of Covid (99.9998% did _not_ die).

<https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/development-approval-process-cber/vaccine-development-101#621a58a03ce7a>
then click on "FDA Oversight Continues After Approval" where it says
"It is important to note that a vaccine _is_ a drug."

"Drugs are defined as articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure,
mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease and as articles intended
to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or animals."
<https://www.fda.gov/drugs/fda-drug-info-rounds-video/transcript-definition-drug-april-2017>

I'm not saying not to get this drug injected into your body, as I myself
made that decision for myself, but I am saying that ignorant people want to
force others to be injected with this drug when they might not trust it.

Ignorance isn't what I deplore; it's forcing your ignorance on others that
bothers me, especially since the most ignorant are the ones most advocating
force.
--
Most people are incredibly ignorant about Covid, which is fine as long as
they aren't forcing others to do anything based on their ignorance.

Re: U.S. Cellular Carriers Stepping Up to Fight Covid-19

<svjoks$kr4$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13834&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13834

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:16:28 -0800
<sv103l$12ft$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv2iau$ps4$1@dont-email.me>
<sv32cb$145j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sv3evg$gmj$1@dont-email.me>
<sv3s1j$1pde$2@gioia.aioe.org> <sv4q3r$ddf$1@dont-email.me>
<sv5nv1$1qr6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bb00ecbf59.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM>
<sv8no3$3q9$1@dont-email.me> <svbpds$1lef$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<svd4ab$r0e$1@dont-email.me> <svddnm$k17$1@dont-email.me>
<svdldt$p4v$1@dont-email.me> <svdnmh$9kp$1@dont-email.me>
<svdo2r$1ulp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svfn5r$6mf$1@dont-email.me>
<svgs7h$1mlt$1@gioia.aioe.org> <270220221742390728%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<svita6$29cdd$1@news.mixmin.net> <svjnfc$2bj0e$1@news.mixmin.net>
 by: Alan - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 00:16 UTC

On 2022-02-28 3:56 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> This thread is patently about FORCE.
> Specifically the Democrats, for purely political reasons, advocating force.
> *Your Body* *_Their Choice_!*
>
> I advocate for intelligent choice.

But you do so while lacking intelligence of your own.

> I advocate for human rights.
>
> One of my science and engineering degrees is in the microbiological
> sciences, so that's why I am able to see that almost everything the hoi
> polloi _think_ they know about this novel Covid drug, is almost completely
> wrong.

Proof of your degrees, please!

<snip>