<Overfiend> Joy: Hey, I'm an asshole. Assholes emit odious gas. That's what we do.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

SubjectAuthor
* An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systAndy Burnelli
+* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Steve
|`- Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
`* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
 `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand*Hemidactylus*
  `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
   `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
    `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutJolly Roger
     `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
      `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutJolly Roger
       `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
        `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutJolly Roger
         +* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutChris Schram
         |`* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
         | +* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating nospam
         | |`- Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
         | `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutJolly Roger
         |  `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
         |   `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand aboutJolly Roger
         |    `* Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Andy Burnelli
         |     `- Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modernAlan
         `- Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating Bob Campbell

1
An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<svp3gf$1a9h$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13845&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13845

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 00:52:27 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 00:52 UTC

*iKooks are completely ignorant of how all modern operating systems update*

See the article for details, where the point is that Apple merely updates
phones for a few years, whereas Android is updated essentially forever.

Apple doesn't advertise how primitive the monolithic iOS update mechanism
is, so the iKooks are completely unaware that _all_ modern operating systems
update differently than does the primitive monolithic iOS update mechanism.

Case in point, (almost) *_all_ Android phones are getting the March update*.

*The March 2022 Google System Update is chock-full of changes*
<https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/the-march-2022-google-system-update-is-chock-full-of-changes>
"Google has released the March 2022 System Updates.
*These updates are available for all Android devices, not just Pixels*
The update will arrive through the Play Store and Play Services."

As is the case whenever a new month rolls around, Google is pushing
these updates out to almost all Android users (not just Pixel phones).

"The Google System Update for March 2022 is now rolling out to
*pretty much anyone who owns an Android device*. In this update,
there are quite a few different bug fixes, including one that
fixes "device connectivity". Additionally, the Play Games Services
profile has been updated, providing users with a way to
"better manage their privacy settings". "

--
I don't care that iKooks are uneducated & of low IQ & low self esteem, but
_because_ of that, iKooks believe _everything_ Apple MARKETING feeds them,

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<3F0UJ.1323670$X81f.379282@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13846&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13846

Followup: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
From: lammasl...@gmail.com (Steve)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 10:21:50 -0000
 by: Steve - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 10:21 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

tl;dr. Boring shit.

Fuck right out off utm, Arlen.
If anyone is bored enough to read the rantings of an obsessed aspie
kook they'll know where to find you bleating on about your favourite
whinge.

fu2 set.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<svrpt6$1v4p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13847&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13847

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 01:26:59 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 01:26 UTC

While the topic of how modern operating systems update is beyond the
comprehension of the ikooks, there _may_ be adults on these newsgroups.

In keeping with the topic that this is indeed an _adult_ communication...
(bearing in mind the child-like iKooks only know what Apple feeds them)

*Almost all of Android is updated forever* (i.e., there is no EOL date!)

As with all _modern_ operating systems, Android is composed of multiple
layers which is quite unlike the primitive monolithic iOS which can't update
even a single line of Safari or webkit or _any_ related Apple code without
Apple having to release to billions of hapless users an entire new iOS
release.

By way of stark contrast, all modern operating systems, and particularly
Android, are updated independently, using a variety of layers, such as:
a. *Android version*
b. *Security version*
c. *Google Play {System,Services,Store} versions*
Note there are over two dozen core modules updated in just (c) above.
As far as anyone knows, these are updated forever (there is no EOL).

On the Android newsgroup for the past month, a few of us have been testing
how long "forever" happens to be, where some people with the Pixel 3's are
apparently still getting updates despite any previously published EOL dates.
*How long does GOOGLE say they'll update the two dozen core modules in project mainline?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/_ZUiLVtLbsg/m/q7-iaUiwBgAJ>

Backing up those tests, Google released updates to essentially _all Android
phones_ this week, which a few of us tested to be the case.
*Big March Android System Update Through Google Play & Google Play Services*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/fIAd_j1gC0w/m/oV1wA2V8BAAJ>

What was updated this week for all Android phones was a combination of the
above Google based layers that are updated over the Internet independently.

But other layers are also updated completely independently & often forever.
1. User apps are often updated forever (and very many are open source);
2. Key apps like Chrome are updated forever (some of those are open source);
3. Firmware (such as the Qualcomm modem firmware) are updated over the net;
4. Security updates (these are rolled out monthly)
5. Android versions (these are what changes Android 11, say, to Android 12);
6. Core modules (updated either over GPS on the net or OTA by partners);
[In addition, all core modules are donated to AOSP to maintain forever.]

In the "core modules" area alone, Google updated almost all phones today.
*Big March Android System Update Through Google Play & Google Play Services*
<https://www.droid-life.com/2022/03/01/google-system-update-march-improvements/>
"This isn't just a Google Pixel update that comes out each month
and is instead a platform-level set of updates for all or most
Android phones. Google has issued this type of stuff for some time."

*The March 2022 Google System Update is chock-full of changes*
<https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/the-march-2022-google-system-update-is-chock-full-of-changes>
"Google has released the March 2022 System Updates.
These updates are available for all Android devices, not just Pixels"

*Android March 2022 update unveiled*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/android-march-2022-update-unveiled-all-the-new-features-for-your-phone>
"The Google System Update for March 2022 includes a host of tweaks
and new features coming to most Android phones."

*What is Google Play System Update?*
<https://www.insidetechno.com/get-latest-google-play-system-update/>
"From now on, an update will be shared with the public every month
on new features and fixes to issues. Google has a new support page
that keeps detailed records of all system updates made to Google Play.
The first roundup was posted in December 2021."

This is the page which explains what's in these Android-forever updates.
*What's new in Google System Updates*
<https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/11412553>
--
Posted to iKooks' newsgroups because, like Russians, iKooks only hear the
propaganda that Apple (rather cleverly) feeds them about update methods.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<t5n04f$1i6q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14262&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14262

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 02:20:38 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 14 May 2022 01:20 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Having a college education in and of itself sets me apart from the iKooks.
>
> whatever you supposedly had was wasted.

I know you nospam, perhaps far better than you know yourself.

What's interesting is decades ago I had heard about the flame wars between
the Apple (usually Mac) aficionados and those on the Windows side, but I
wasn't part of them (as I was using tin/rn and the like on SunOS/Solaris in
the beginning) until I got my iPads to test out how well they worked with
Linux and asked the child-like Apple newsgroups for guidance & help.

Having been already familiar with the adult OS newsgroups (mostly Linux and
Windows), I had _expected_ the people on the iOS newsgroup to be adults.

To their inestimable credit, some were helpful such as Michele Steiner (who
started m.p.m.i, I think) & David Empson, but wholly unprepossessing
child-like people like you were also here, unfortunately, & you still are.

My first questions were about the iPad all of a sudden no longer working
with Linux simply by an iOS update (lesson learned the very first time),
where I came here to ask for help from those who supposedly know iOS.

The answers that you and the other child-like iKooks provided were always
not only wrong, but purposefully unhelpful (as if you literally _hated_ the
fact that the Apple product offended you when it turned out to be broken).

Rest assured, this attitude that the mother ship can do no wrong is _only_
found on the child-like Apple newsgroups - not Linux or Windows or Android.

Only the Apple newsgroups.

What at first confused me is how wrong people like you always were, where I
couldn't figure out (at first) in any given post if you were just
incredibly stupid or if you were simply a despicable brazen liar, since you
couldn't possibly _believe_ a word you said when people asked for help.
a. You'd deny everything they experienced
b. You'd claim you told them how (and yet, you didn't and you can't)
c. You'd fabricate masses of app functionality that simply doesn't exist
d. You'd tell people they have no right to any functionality they'd expect
etc.

It's when you and Jolly Roger & Lewis _repeatedly & _purposefully_
(sadistically so!) sent numerous innocent people on brutally perverse
doomed-to-fail barbarous wild-goose chases simply because all you iKooks
hated to admit iOS couldn't do something, that I realized you are a truly
disgusting and brutally vicious human being (much like Putin is).

It bothers you not a whit that you don't own a "nice" bone in your body.

All you iKooks are despicable worthless pieces of shit, personality wise.
a. You all _hate_ that Apple products are never what Apple said they were
b. So you brazenly _fabricate_ imaginary functionality that doesn't exist
c. Simply because you can't admit to _yourself_ that iOS is crippled.

And then, much like Putin does, you _repeat_ your brazen fabrications of
functionality that, by then, there's zero chance that you're not lying.

That's when I learned how viciously despicable you iKooks truly are.

The fact that iOS is crippled isn't what makes you all pieces of shit.
It's the fact you will brazenly lie about it because you hate that fact.

You don't give a shit that you sent innocent people on wild goose chases.
That's the clearest indicator of all that you iKooks are pieces of shit.

There's not a single sincere purposefully helpful "nice" bone in your body.
--
Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, Joerg Lorenz, Alan Baker, Rod Speed, Snit et al

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<OqWdnXwPod3Jnx3_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14267&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14267

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand
about modern operating systems
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 14:26:12 -0500
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sat, 14 May 2022 19:26 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> Having a college education in and of itself sets me apart from the iKooks.
>>
>> whatever you supposedly had was wasted.
>
> I know you nospam, perhaps far better than you know yourself.

Knowing nospam here you’re the idiot. I doubt you know yourself. If you
did the shame alone would shut you up.

[snip]

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u0c8kt$2t2o2$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15731&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15731

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 16:57:34 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 15:57 UTC

Joel wrote:

> I actually have had some differences with nospam, over the years, but
> in this thread, they have been pretty consistently accurate.

Hi Joel,

I have studied nospam, and I've studied all these strange iKooks for years.

As you noted, he has the "potential" to actually be helpful whereas most of
the iKooks do not (e.g., Alan Baker, who has been pecking at this thread).

All I care, really, is to help you and the others, and to learn from them,
and, since an Apple newsgroup is involved, my goal is also to point out who
they are.

I started that years ago when I watched Jolly Roger & nospam _sadistically_
lead an innocent user on a doomed-to-fail wild-goose chase, which
infuriated me because they were cruelly doing it on purpose (by using
innuendo which nospam always uses - so I know they're just liars even more
than they're ignorant). They won't get away with that with me.

> I tend
> to disagree that Apple's desktop/laptop hardware is competitively
> priced *in a head to head comparison of the individual parts*, but as
> I suggested, it can be more durable, particularly in laptops, so it
> could be fair to say it *is* competitively priced on that basis.

Well, to agree with you, nospam is the king of cherry picking one or two
(never more than a minor meaningless handful) of Apple devices which don't
fit the general mold - so it matters a lot when we talk overall costs.

I own plenty of Apple devices, and I've studied the pricing also, where, in
general, Apple's not one of the most profitable companies on the planet for
no good reason. They hire brilliant marketing people whose strategies, are
like those of China, in that they last for decades.

You see Apple's fundamental strategy everywhere, even as it seems like each
item is different - they're quite clever - for example, Apple's fundamental
strategy on iPhones is to remove functionality from the user so that Apple
can then constrain the users' remaining choices.

They make tons of profit on this one simple strategy, which raises the
overall cost in the end because your choices have been limited by Apple.

I don't know if I need to provide examples, but not providing the sd slot
is one, because it constrains the user, just as removing the 3.5mm jack
constrains the user, just as not providing the proper charger causes the
user to frantically buy it back (usually when they're at the APple store
because who wants a dead iPhone or a new car with old tires by way of
analogy), etc.

Even the laughably puny substandard el cheapo expensive batteries Apple
cleverly inserts into the iPhone are designed to limit your choices,
although that's in the long run where the phone will age below capacity
(due to pure physics) sooner than a phone using a modern battery inside.

Everything about Apple products is designed with the strategy of limiting
your choices so that you're forced to buy back what Apple has constrained.

They're not one of the most profitable companies on the planet for their
products, that's for sure, as their MARKETING is quite stellar indeed!

BTW, it's a running joke on the Apple newsgroups that nospam has only 7
excuses for why Apple does _everything_ Apple does where one of those seven
reaqsons is "nobody wants it" and "nobody needs it", e.g., when you ask him
why the iPHone can't do automatica call recording, or run a system wide
on-device firewall, or swap out the web browser for something private like
the Guardian's TOR browser, or graphically dispay Wi-Fi signal strength for
all nearby access points, or change the name of an app icon, or move icons
around the screen where you want them, or delete a default app, or set the
default to any app you want, or spoof the gps location, or installing apps
without the apple id, or using a different app repository, use a free
apk/ipa on another phone, save the apk/ipa upon install, extract that
apk/ipa for re-use after it's installed, etc.

All these things _every_ operating system _except_ iOS has, and yet, nospam
says that "nobody wants it" and "nobody needs it" for each & every one.

> And
> the iPhone is certainly priced in a way reflective of its standing in
> the smartphone industry. I wouldn't buy one, but that's just
> preference, not a more elite status than someone else.

Actually we ran a study which found that the iPhone is not "normal" in the
consumer electronics industry, where in general (actually, almost always),
consumer electronics gets (a) better, (b) faster, and (c) cheaper over the
years.

Only extremely highly marketed products can buck that trend, which, you
guessed it, an iPhone is. It's the iPhone, IMHO, which pulls up the prices
of "equivalently priced" Androids, more so than the benefit of the product.

Because of Apple's stellar marketing, Apple produces more gimmicks than you
can shake a stick at - and - sadly to affirm - those gimmicks work!
<https://youtu.be/1S8L7t2tu0U> *Brand new exciting YELLOW! iPhone 14!!!!!*

I'm never not going to say Apple marketing is as incredibly brilliant as
the Apple consumer who falls for these mere gimmicks is incredibly stupid.

For example, people are swayed by marketing not to realize the iPhone is
the most insecure phone in history for five years running, with more
zero-day bugs told to Apple (by definition, Apple never finds them) than
any other smartphone on this planet - e.g., NSO's Pegasus infects the
kernel of only Apple devices - never once for Android devices...

These huge holes in Apple's product are not marketed by Apple, of course,
where the very fact that iOS is the _only_ primitive monolith of all the
consumer operating system is the main reason that _half_ those zero-day
bugs are exploited in the wild before Apple rolls out yet another of their
primitive monolithic releases (which only slightly changed in iOS 16).

What Apple markets, instead, is the face-id gimmick, which is nothing more
than telling people that their own wives and children, friends and
neighbors, are their biggest threat - which is why when nospam compares
Apple's gimmicks to Samsung's copy of Apple's gimmick, I tell him that it's
meaningless to compare what is merely a marketing gimmick which every
company, Samsung included, would love to copy since it works on idiots.

Sigh. I could go on, but suffice to say that I agree with you that
nospam, of all these rather strange quite abnormal iKooks, has the most
capacity to actually contribute to a technical discussion.

However his cruel sadism and delight in sending innocent people on wild
goose chases is what tells me he's an unprepossessing cruel unhelpful
person, whose only goal, it seems, is to defend Apple's honor at any price.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u13505$2gbfa$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15831&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15831

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 10:16:26 +0200
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 08:16 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> Doesn't Apple say that you should buy a new device if you want the
>> full security updates that Apple provides only for iOS 16 and iPadOS
>> 16?
>>
>> An iOS half patch, while better than none, is still only half an iOS
>> patch.
>
> You have yet to point out the specific vulnerabilities you claim aren't
> patched in iOS 15.

It's no longer shocking how much the iKooks _hate_ Apple's own policies.
Every single belief strongly held by iKooks turns out to be make believe.

*Where are Jolly Roger's make-believe purely imaginary fantastical*
*reference cites backing his belief system OS 15 is fully patched?*

HINT: Jolly Roger's child-like belief system is purely imaginary.
These strange infantile iKooks still believe in Santa Claus.

What Jolly Roger owns is a belief system which is devoid of any facts.
Literally, for _years_ the iKooks have always _lied_ about Apple's updates.
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

Even *Apple was caught lying* about _all_ updates other than the latest.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

The only OS that Apple promises to fully patch with all known bugs, is the
latest one & only single operating system (which, currently, is iOS 16).
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/web>

Any iOS device that can't take iOS 16 you may as well throw into the trash.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to prove how all iKooks think like small children.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u14332$2lesj$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15832&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15832

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 17:49:59 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 16:49 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

My belief system is based on facts - facts which Apple themselves supplied.

<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

Your belief system is based only on a make believe world of your fantasies.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<k9lc3rF2ssnU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15834&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15834

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about
modern operating systems
Date: 11 Apr 2023 15:19:23 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 15:19 UTC

On 2023-04-11, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> Doesn't Apple say that you should buy a new device if you want the
>>> full security updates that Apple provides only for iOS 16 and iPadOS
>>> 16?
>>>
>>> An iOS half patch, while better than none, is still only half an iOS
>>> patch.
>>
>> You have yet to point out the specific vulnerabilities you claim
>> aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> It's no longer shocking how much the iKooks _hate_ Apple's own
> policies. Every single belief strongly held by iKooks turns out to be
> make believe.
>
> *Where are Jolly Roger's make-believe purely imaginary fantastical*
> *reference cites backing his belief system OS 15 is fully patched?*
>
> HINT: Jolly Roger's child-like belief system is purely imaginary.
> These strange infantile iKooks still believe in Santa Claus.
>
> What Jolly Roger owns is a belief system which is devoid of any facts.
> Literally, for _years_ the iKooks have always _lied_ about Apple's
> updates.
>
> Even *Apple was caught lying* about _all_ updates other than the
> latest.
>
> The only OS that Apple promises to fully patch with all known bugs, is
> the latest one & only single operating system (which, currently, is
> iOS 16).
>
> Any iOS device that can't take iOS 16 you may as well throw into the
> trash.

As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
claim aren't patched in iOS 15. Like a child caught in a lie, you resort
to ad hominem attacks and repeat the same old tired lies over and over
because it's all you know to do, all while claiming superiority over
everyone else. It's a pathetic display of juvenile mentality. You're a
sad, little man Arlen.

JR

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u14mnv$2ng94$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15836&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15836

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 23:25:23 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 22:25 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

What you don't understand is that I pointed to Apple saying they don't
& won't patch them - which - you don't comprehend means they're not patched
even if Apple knows about them - because Apple says very clearly they will
not fully patch any release other than the one latest iOS & macOS release.

<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>\
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

What's no longer shocking is you iKooks are ignorant of Apple's own policy.
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

For years, you claimed Apple patched what even Apple won't claim to have patched.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<k9llrjF4ennU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15839&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15839

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
modern operating systems
Date: 11 Apr 2023 18:05:40 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 18:05 UTC

On 2023-04-11, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities
>> you claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> My belief system is based on facts - facts which Apple themselves
> supplied.
>
> Your belief system is based only on a make believe world of your
> fantasies.

As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

JR

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<k9mmahF97ceU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15840&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15840

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
modern operating systems
Date: 12 Apr 2023 03:19:46 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 03:19 UTC

On 2023-04-11, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities
>> you claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> What you don't understand is that I pointed to Apple saying they don't
> & won't patch them - which - you don't comprehend means they're not
> patched even if Apple knows about them - because Apple says very
> clearly they will not fully patch any release other than the one
> latest iOS & macOS release.
>
> What's no longer shocking is you iKooks are ignorant of Apple's own
> policy.
>
> For years, you claimed Apple patched what even Apple won't claim to
> have patched.

As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

JR

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u15rkp$2vdt6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15841&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15841

Followup: alt.animals.sealion
From: chrisp...@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.animals.sealion,or.general
modern operating systems
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 08:54:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 08:54 UTC

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.system.]
On 2023-04-12, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2023-04-11, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:
>>
>>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities
>>> you claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>>
>> What you don't understand is that I pointed to Apple saying they don't
>> & won't patch them - which - you don't comprehend means they're not
>> patched even if Apple knows about them - because Apple says very
>> clearly they will not fully patch any release other than the one
>> latest iOS & macOS release.
>>
>> What's no longer shocking is you iKooks are ignorant of Apple's own
>> policy.
>>
>> For years, you claimed Apple patched what even Apple won't claim to
>> have patched.
>
> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

I vote to feed this thread to the sea lions. Who's with me? (If no one
is with me, I'll slink away and not suggest this again.)

--
chrispam1@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<120420231133187321%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15843&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15843

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:33:18 -0400
References: <svp3gf$1a9h$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t5n04f$1i6q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <OqWdnXwPod3Jnx3_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <u0c8kt$2t2o2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <u13505$2gbfa$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9lc3rF2ssnU1@mid.individual.net> <u14332$2lesj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9llrjF4ennU1@mid.individual.net> <u14mnv$2ng94$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9mmahF97ceU1@mid.individual.net> <u15rkp$2vdt6$1@dont-email.me> <u16ip2$13rpi$1@news.mixmin.net>
 by: nospam - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:33 UTC

In article <u16ip2$13rpi$1@news.mixmin.net>, Andy Burnelli
<nospam@nospam.net> wrote:

> Only fools dispute facts...

that explains your voluminous posts.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<k9o3r8Fg15sU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15844&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15844

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
modern operating systems
Date: 12 Apr 2023 16:16:40 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:16 UTC

On 2023-04-12, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities
>> you claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> Only fools dispute facts...
>
> Blah blah blah

As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

JR

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<k9ocskFhdpaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15846&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15846

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
modern operating systems
Date: 12 Apr 2023 18:51:00 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 18:51 UTC

On 2023-04-12, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities
>> you claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> The entire belief system of an iKooks requires them to act like small
> children who can't process the fact that the Easter Bunny is
> imaginary.
>
> I gave you Apple's policy stating they fully patch only the latest
> release.
>
> I also provided the security researcher impetus which forced Apple to
> clarify that Apple has never fully updated anything but the latest
> release.
>
> It's not me stating this fact - it's _everyone_ stating this fact.
>
> What makes the iKooks so strange they can't even believe what Apple
> said? *It's like telling a five year old that the Easter Bunny isn't
> real*
>
> Only fools dispute facts. That's why they're fools.

As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

JR

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<gIWdnTEp_K6aIqv5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15847&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15847

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
From: nun...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:24:07 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:24 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

Of course not.

I always wonder who is the alleged “adult” he is referring to in these
childish topics.

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15850&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15850

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:29:59 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:29 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

Only fools dispute facts...
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

1. The entire belief system of the iKooks is _completely_ imaginary.
2. Jolly Roger can't find a _single_ fact backing up his belief system.
3. The entire belief system of these iKooks is completely wishful thinking.

It's like the iKooks _still_ believe in the imaginary Easter Bunny.

FACT:
*Apple says they do NOT fully patch any release other than iOS 16*
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

NORMAL ASSESSMENT of that fact:
From _that_ fact, a normal person believes what Apple put in writing.

NORMAL ASSESSMENT of that fact:
All normal people assess that Apple does what Apple says they do.

But not iKooks.
The iKooks are _not_ normal people. They're stupid people. IQ of around 40.

IKOOK ASSESSMENT of that fact:
From _that_ very same fact, the iKooks assess that Apple must have lied.

Jesus Christ.
Who is as stupid as these iKooks are?
I've never met anyone in real life who can't process any simple facts.

It's like the iKooks still believe in the Easter Bunny.
Their make-believe belief systems are comprised only of wishful thinking.

No facts.

My assessment of iKook behavior is...
a. They all suffer from no education and abnormally low IQs
b. Such that they gravitate to Apple's brilliant advertising
c. And yet, they think Apple lied when Apple publishes their release method

FACT:
Apple said they do NOT fully update any release but the latest
a. That's iOS 16 and no other release, and,
b. That's macOS 13 and no other release.

That's just a fact.
*Only fools dispute facts* (that's _why_ they're fools after all)
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u16k8q$32bpc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15852&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15852

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:55:27 -0600
References: <svp3gf$1a9h$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t5n04f$1i6q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <OqWdnXwPod3Jnx3_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <u0c8kt$2t2o2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <u13505$2gbfa$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9lc3rF2ssnU1@mid.individual.net> <u14332$2lesj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9llrjF4ennU1@mid.individual.net> <u14mnv$2ng94$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9mmahF97ceU1@mid.individual.net> <u15rkp$2vdt6$1@dont-email.me> <u16ip2$13rpi$1@news.mixmin.net> <120420231133187321%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:55 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Only fools dispute facts...
>
> that explains your voluminous posts.

What's interesting is that my posts would be a billionth of what they are
if you iKooks didn't dispute every fact you _hate_ about Apple products.

Like Snit who disputed two hundred times (literally) that iOS can't do
something as trivial as graph the Wi-Fi signal strength over time...
*It's a fact iOS devices can't even graph Wi-Fi signal strength over time*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/PZuec56EWB0>

All you low-IQ iKooks disputed that simple fact - which only fools do:
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/PZuec56EWB0>

Snit went way beyond even what you iKooks do, nospam, to dispute facts:
<https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo> Low-IQ iKooks can't see the fatal flaw!

So you're right, nospam, that I would post a lot less if you iKooks
didn't own completely imaginary make-believe belief systems about iPhones.

For example...

Jolly Roger has disputed scores of times this simple fact that Apple was
forced (by security researchers) to recently admit they lied about updates.
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

And yet, it's just a fact Apple has never fully patched older releases:
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

Even Apple published that fact when security researchers forced Apple to:
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

Nobody but a fool disputes facts.
iKooks, unfortunately, are fools.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u16nae$32lso$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15853&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15853

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 17:47:32 +0100
References: <svp3gf$1a9h$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t5n04f$1i6q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <OqWdnXwPod3Jnx3_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <u0c8kt$2t2o2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <u13505$2gbfa$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9lc3rF2ssnU1@mid.individual.net> <u14332$2lesj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9llrjF4ennU1@mid.individual.net> <u14mnv$2ng94$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9mmahF97ceU1@mid.individual.net> <u15rkp$2vdt6$1@dont-email.me> <u16ip2$13rpi$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9o3r8Fg15sU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:47 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.

The entire belief system of an iKooks requires them to act like small
children who can't process the fact that the Easter Bunny is imaginary.

I gave you Apple's policy stating they fully patch only the latest release.
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

I also provided the security researcher impetus which forced Apple to
clarify that Apple has never fully updated anything but the latest release.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

It's not me stating this fact - it's _everyone_ stating this fact.
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>

What makes the iKooks so strange they can't even believe what Apple said?
*It's like telling a five year old that the Easter Bunny isn't real*

Only fools dispute facts.
That's why they're fools.

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u1705s$33lio$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15854&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15854

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:18:41 +0100
References: <svp3gf$1a9h$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t5n04f$1i6q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <OqWdnXwPod3Jnx3_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <u0c8kt$2t2o2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <u13505$2gbfa$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9lc3rF2ssnU1@mid.individual.net> <u14332$2lesj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9llrjF4ennU1@mid.individual.net> <u14mnv$2ng94$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9mmahF97ceU1@mid.individual.net> <u15rkp$2vdt6$1@dont-email.me> <u16ip2$13rpi$1@news.mixmin.net> <k9o3r8Fg15sU1@mid.individual.net> <u16nae$32lso$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k9ocskFhdpaU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:18 UTC

That answer is here (if you'd only read it & comprehend what Apple said):
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern operating systems

<u19qdu$14e2k$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15858&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15858

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: An ADULT example of what the iKooks don't understand about modern
operating systems
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:58:34 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 20:58 UTC

On 2023-04-12 12:18, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> As expected, you still can't point out the specific vulnerabilities you
>> claim aren't patched in iOS 15.
>
> That answer is here (if you'd only read it & comprehend what Apple said):
> <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

You're not good with logic are you?