From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this notification."
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:22:36 -0600
 by: Ant - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 06:22 UTC

Hello.

Logging into an old 2012 MBP's macOS Mojave v10.14.6's account, that
hasn't been used for a very long time (over a month or so), it triggers
"Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new
Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this
notification." message on the other MBP (2020 Intel) and iDevices (e.g,
iPad air). They all use the same Apple ID account. Is this normal?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Sleeping and waking up too early like after 09:09:09:09 PM PST to 3:33:33:3 AM PST! :(
| |o o| |

Re: "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this notification."

<t0cfro$t0q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13891&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13891

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Subject: Re: "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 01:19:52 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:19 UTC

On 2022-03-09 10:22 p.m., Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Logging into an old 2012 MBP's macOS Mojave v10.14.6's account, that
> hasn't been used for a very long time (over a month or so), it triggers
> "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new
> Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this
> notification." message on the other MBP (2020 Intel) and iDevices (e.g,
> iPad air). They all use the same Apple ID account. Is this normal?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Does the name of the computer you logged into match the name you were
told about?

Is that computer set up to synch data from that AppleID?

Re: "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this notification."

<ffGdnc5wjrkgx7f_nZ2dnUU7-e-dnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13892&group=comp.sys.mac.system#13892

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:08:29 -0600
 by: Ant - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:08 UTC

In comp.sys.mac.software Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2022-03-09 10:22 p.m., Ant wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Logging into an old 2012 MBP's macOS Mojave v10.14.6's account, that
> > hasn't been used for a very long time (over a month or so), it triggers
> > "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new
> > Mac. If you recently signed in to 'computer's name', you can ignore this
> > notification." message on the other MBP (2020 Intel) and iDevices (e.g,
> > iPad air). They all use the same Apple ID account. Is this normal?
> >
> > Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

> Does the name of the computer you logged into match the name you were
> told about?

Yes.

> Is that computer set up to synch data from that AppleID?

Some, yes.
--
:) Mar10 Day! Eat mushrooms and get the sun since it's up earlier these days.
| |o o| |