Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: azi...@yahoo.com (azigni)
Subject: Advanced Tech Support
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 01:01:26 -0600
 by: azigni - Sun, 16 May 2021 07:01 UTC

It's almost June and another week of crashing Internet and TV Box. Went
out last Friday, had a Technician show up on Monday, said everything was
good to junction box near the street.

Wednesday - Saturday repeat loss of Cable box Internet connection.
Comcast will be replacing Cable Box on Sunday.

Had a call from, "Advanced Tech Support" tonight, I thought oh boy,
relief at last. "Advanced Tech Support", it turns out is a fancy title
for someone to call customers in an attempt to drive to a Comcast Center
with their Cable Box, get a replacement and hook it up.

When I asked about actual, "Advanced Support", I was told I had to call,
1-800-Xfinity, or it would be much faster with the phone app, which by
the way was used several times in the last few days.

I call the xfinity phone number. It takes three calls to get through the
robo cop to a live person. I had to lie to talk to a human, sad on both
ends.

Live person support was the real, "Advanced Support", listened, verified
and took control of my continuing problem. She also spoke with her next
level and found the real problem for the crashing.

Hopefully, in a few days, this will be a bad dream. Why are all almost
Monopolies so so bad at everything except collecting the monthly
payments....

I should not have to enter in a battle to have a problem fixed without a
weeks worth of followup calls and complaints.

Re: Advanced Tech Support

<s7r3qp$mb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=137&group=alt.online-service.comcast#137

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Advanced Tech Support
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 12:39:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 16 May 2021 12:39 UTC

azigni <azigni@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It's almost June and another week of crashing Internet and TV Box. Went
>out last Friday, had a Technician show up on Monday, said everything was
>good to junction box near the street.

>Wednesday - Saturday repeat loss of Cable box Internet connection.
>Comcast will be replacing Cable Box on Sunday.

Even in olden days when techs used to come to the home, "replace the
set-top box" was often what the tech insisted upon when he couldn't
troubleshoot properly. The techs typically carried older model boxes,
which was absurd. I would always refuse. I also loved "order a new drop"
even though there was no evidence of squirrel damage or bad insulation
observed. If the problem was in the field and a piece of equipment
serving the block was bad, they need to refer it to a line technician
and stop making bad guesses in lieu of proper troubleshooting.

>Had a call from, "Advanced Tech Support" tonight, I thought oh boy,
>relief at last. "Advanced Tech Support", it turns out is a fancy title
>for someone to call customers in an attempt to drive to a Comcast Center
>with their Cable Box, get a replacement and hook it up.

>When I asked about actual, "Advanced Support", I was told I had to call,
>1-800-Xfinity, or it would be much faster with the phone app, which by
>the way was used several times in the last few days.

>I call the xfinity phone number. It takes three calls to get through the
>robo cop to a live person. I had to lie to talk to a human, sad on both
>ends.

>Live person support was the real, "Advanced Support", listened, verified
>and took control of my continuing problem. She also spoke with her next
>level and found the real problem for the crashing.

They stopped insisting that you replace the box, right?

>Hopefully, in a few days, this will be a bad dream. Why are all almost
>Monopolies so so bad at everything except collecting the monthly
>payments....

>I should not have to enter in a battle to have a problem fixed without a
>weeks worth of followup calls and complaints.

It's Comcastic.

Re: Advanced Tech Support

<bWaoI.542836$nn2.310793@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=138&group=alt.online-service.comcast#138

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: azi...@yahoo.com (azigni)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 09:32:23 -0600
 by: azigni - Sun, 16 May 2021 15:32 UTC

On 5/16/21 6:39 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Even in olden days when techs used to come to the home, "replace the
> set-top box" was often what the tech insisted upon when he couldn't
> troubleshoot properly. The techs typically carried older model boxes,
> which was absurd. I would always refuse. I also loved "order a new drop"
> even though there was no evidence of squirrel damage or bad insulation
> observed. If the problem was in the field and a piece of equipment
> serving the block was bad, they need to refer it to a line technician
> and stop making bad guesses in lieu of proper troubleshooting.
>
> They stopped insisting that you replace the box, right?
>
> It's Comcastic.

Yes, I had a call from, "Advanced Tech Support" an hour ago telling me
all issues were resolved and I could turn on the TV as the box is
working fine.

I replied, yes the box works fine until it doesn't. The Technician I
spoke with last night said it is a line problem. Either way, I am now
making their life as uncomfortable as they make mine. Any glitch after
this morning, and I will be on the phone complaining.

Re: Advanced Tech Support

<s7rjr9$oaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=139&group=alt.online-service.comcast#139

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 17:13:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 16 May 2021 17:13 UTC

azigni <azigni@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 5/16/21 6:39 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>Even in olden days when techs used to come to the home, "replace the
>>set-top box" was often what the tech insisted upon when he couldn't
>>troubleshoot properly. The techs typically carried older model boxes,
>>which was absurd. I would always refuse. I also loved "order a new drop"
>>even though there was no evidence of squirrel damage or bad insulation
>>observed. If the problem was in the field and a piece of equipment
>>serving the block was bad, they need to refer it to a line technician
>>and stop making bad guesses in lieu of proper troubleshooting.

>>They stopped insisting that you replace the box, right?

>>It's Comcastic.

>Yes, I had a call from, "Advanced Tech Support" an hour ago telling me
>all issues were resolved and I could turn on the TV as the box is
>working fine.

>I replied, yes the box works fine until it doesn't. The Technician I
>spoke with last night said it is a line problem. Either way, I am now
>making their life as uncomfortable as they make mine. Any glitch after
>this morning, and I will be on the phone complaining.

Glad you got somebody to fix the real problem.