https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13943&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13943

From: fri...@spamexpire-202303.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@frell.theremailer.net>.
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Remailer operated by the CIA?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:42:33 +0200
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 21:42 UTC

You don't, so best to chain. Some must be genuine!

Re: Remailer operated by the CIA?

<u05l35$2q8f$1@news.cyber23.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13945&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13945

From: hig...@roller.invalid (High Roller)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 22:47:26 -0500
 by: High Roller - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:47 UTC

On 3/30/23 16:42, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> You don't, so best to chain. Some must be genuine!

Yes, out of the ten nodes that exist, you hope at least one is not
compromised. Ten nodes is far too few for real security. The network
needs dozens of reliable nodes and a couple of decoy messages for each
real message injected to the network.

Every one of you asking these kinds of questions should be running a
mixmaster or YAMN node. You don't have to run a exit node. You can route
inside the network.

You can get a VPS for $20 per year. A domain name costs $12. For $32 a
year you can be sure at least /your/ node is legit. If you want to be a
high-roller set up 2 or 3 VPS nodes with different hosting providers
using a different fake name for each.

Some hosting providers accept cryptocurrency for privacy. You can get a
pre-paid credit card at almost any grocery or department store in the
world, and use that card to pay. Don't use greendot cards as they
require you to identify yourself. Certain netspend and vanilla visa
cards require no signup and no identification to use. Use these kinds to
pay for your VPS and domains.

You should realize with the small number of nodes on the network that
using the network for any real purpose would be foolish at best. If you
are serious about this network spend a few bucks and configure some nodes.

I don't worry about being anonymous from the government. I really don't
care if some spook knows what web servers I operate. If they served me
with a secret national security notice I would immediately tell them to
eat dirt and publish it and dare them to do anything about it. You
couldn't get a drunk jury to convict on such unconstitutional grounds.
If a crooked judge tried to punish me, I would eventually win a big
settlement for Title V rights violations.

The only people who comply with national security letters are squishy
corporate executives who let their slimy lawyers lead them around by the
nose. Lawyers and executives are yes men to the core. They are afraid of
the expense or bad publicity so they comply. Most everyone else is like,
"go to hell." The government knows this, and they know the bad political
fallout, so they are very, very careful when trying to issue a national
security letter. They know if the target is not a squishy and compliant
person such a measure will backfire in their face.

If you follow my advice and set up a node then you would have the answer
to the question about whether or not nodes are run by the CIA.