From: nospam.L...@f6.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Lee Westlake)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: MPL MENUCMD with 'GO'
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 17:47:48 +1200
 by: Lee Westlake - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 05:47 UTC

Hi All,

Quick question regarding the MENUCMD command in MPL:

If I use this command in order to goto (rather than gosub) a menu, can I assume
that Mystic will automatically destroy the context in which the script is
running?

In others words, as the menu has no path back to script (or perhaps it does?),
can I assume that Mystic won't leave a zombied script behind?

As always, all advice gratefully received.

TALIADON (Lee Westlake) | TALIADON BBS (taliadon.ddns.net:23)
FidoNet: 2:250/6 | fsxNet: 21:3/138 | tqwNet: 1337:1/116

Re: MPL MENUCMD with 'GO'

<578015239@f6.n250.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1399&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1399

From: nospam.L...@f6.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Lee Westlake)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: MPL MENUCMD with 'GO'
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 20:32:54 +1200
 by: Lee Westlake - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 08:32 UTC

LW> Hi All,
LW>
LW> Quick question regarding the MENUCMD command in MPL:
LW>
LW> If I use this command in order to goto (rather than gosub) a menu, can I
LW> assume that Mystic will automatically destroy the context in which the
LW> script is running?
LW>
LW> In others words, as the menu has no path back to script (or perhaps it
LW> does?), can I assume that Mystic won't leave a zombied script behind?

Not worry.

Mystic doesn't appear to honour 'GO' from inside an MPL script (probably for
good reason), so this question is somewhat moot.

TALIADON (Lee Westlake) | TALIADON BBS (taliadon.ddns.net:23)
FidoNet: 2:250/6 | fsxNet: 21:3/138 | tqwNet: 1337:1/116

Re: MPL MENUCMD with 'GO'

<201436411@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1400&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1400

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 16:06:32 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 04:06 UTC

LW> Hi All,
LW>
LW> Quick question regarding the MENUCMD command in MPL:
LW>
LW> If I use this command in order to goto (rather than gosub) a menu, can I
LW> assume that Mystic will automatically destroy the context in which the
LW> script is running?

Mystic will not switch menus until you exit the script on your own.

So if you have a simple MPL like:

Begin
MenuCmd ('GO', 'main');
WriteLn ('Hello! |PA');
End.

Mystic *will* honor the GO command, but it will not take you to the main.mnu
until after the script, so you'll see the Hello and the screen pause then it
will load main after exiting.

.... Shortcut: longest distance between two points