https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14022&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14022

From: fri...@spamexpire-202304.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@frell.theremailer.net>.
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: PGP Backdoor
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:02:35 +0200
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:02 UTC

A backdoor is a "feature" in the software of PGP — in what I call the utility functions and not in the encryption
algorithm — that allows an outside party to decrypt what you have encrypted. While the ADK feature is technically
a backdoor, most attention is directed to the possibility of an unknown, hidden backdoor. ADK is well known,
however; and PGP users are even informed of keys that use ADK and of encryptions where ADK is required.
Nevertheless, even ADK can be used to subvert the security of our messages and files.

Re: PGP Backdoor

<vqki3i5umdvp41crcb74jfqprscqmthkmv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14023&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14023

From: fre...@NotYahoo.org
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: PGP Backdoor
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:22:05 -0500
 by: fre...@NotYahoo.org - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:22 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:02:35 +0200, Fritz Wuehler
<fritz@spamexpire-202304.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:

>A backdoor is a "feature" in the software of PGP — in what I call the utility functions and not in the encryption
>algorithm — that allows an outside party to decrypt what you have encrypted. While the ADK feature is technically
>a backdoor, most attention is directed to the possibility of an unknown, hidden backdoor. ADK is well known,
>however; and PGP users are even informed of keys that use ADK and of encryptions where ADK is required.
>Nevertheless, even ADK can be used to subvert the security of our messages and files.

An informative bit about ADK.

https://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp-adk.html#why