The disks are getting full; purge a file today.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Bloomberg seems to know...

SubjectAuthor
* Bloomberg seems to know...Alan
+* Re: Bloomberg seems to know...Your Name
|`* Re: Bloomberg seems to know...Andy Burnelli
| `- Re: Bloomberg seems to know...Alan making fun of Arlen
`- Re: Bloomberg seems to know...CDB

1
Bloomberg seems to know...

<t0u9ie$4d6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14042&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14042

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Bloomberg seems to know...
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 20:22:52 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 03:22 UTC

'Since 2010, when his team produced the A4 chip for the original iPad,
Apple has immersed itself in the costly and complex science of silicon.
It develops specialized microprocessors as a way to distinguish its
products from the competition. The Apple-designed circuits allow the
company to customize products to perfectly match the features of its
software, while tightly controlling the critical trade-off between speed
and battery consumption. Among the components on its chip (technically
called a “system on a chip,” or SOC) are an image signal processor and a
storage controller, which let Apple tailor useful functions for taking
and storing photos, such as the rapid-fire “burst mode” introduced with
the iPhone 5s. Engineers and designers can work on features like that
years in advance without prematurely notifying vendors—especially
Samsung, which manufactures many of Apple’s chips.'

<https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-johny-srouji-apple-chief-chipmaker/>

'Srouji recently spent several hours with Bloomberg Businessweek over
several days and guided a tour of Apple chip facilities in Cupertino,
Calif., and Herzliya, Israel.'

What? "Chip facilities"?

Surely the "chip facilities" are at TSMC.

'These mysterious semiconductors coming from Apple were the curiosity of
the tech industry, but it wasn’t until the release of the iPhone 5s in
2013 that rivals really started to pay attention. The phone featured the
A7 processor, the first smartphone chip with 64 bits—double the 32-bit
standard at the time. '

"coming from Apple"? Surely that can't be! Surely the author must mean
"coming from TSMC"!

'And since Apple is doing a fine job with mobile processors, it could
conceivably decide to get into conventional chips and bump Intel out of
its Mac laptops and desktops. Srouji, of course, won’t go there, though
he does allow that his team’s mission is finite. “If we attempt to do
everything on the planet,” he says, “I don’t think that would be very
smart.”'

And guess what came to pass...

Re: Bloomberg seems to know...

<t0uk7e$1rni$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14046&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14046

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Bloomberg seems to know...
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 19:24:46 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 06:24 UTC

On 2022-03-17 03:22:52 +0000, Alan said:

> 'Since 2010, when his team produced the A4 chip for the original iPad,
> Apple has immersed itself in the costly and complex science of silicon.
> It develops specialized microprocessors as a way to distinguish its
> products from the competition. The Apple-designed circuits allow the
> company to customize products to perfectly match the features of its
> software, while tightly controlling the critical trade-off between
> speed and battery consumption. Among the components on its chip
> (technically called a “system on a chip,” or SOC) are an image
> signal processor and a storage controller, which let Apple tailor
> useful functions for taking and storing photos, such as the rapid-fire
> “burst mode” introduced with the iPhone 5s. Engineers and designers
> can work on features like that years in advance without prematurely
> notifying vendors—especially Samsung, which manufactures many of
> Apple’s chips.'
>
> <https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-johny-srouji-apple-chief-chipmaker/>
>
> 'Srouji recently spent several hours with Bloomberg Businessweek over
> several days and guided a tour of Apple chip facilities in Cupertino,
> Calif., and Herzliya, Israel.'
>
> What? "Chip facilities"?

Apple does design, prototyping, testing, etc. at its own facilities in
Cupertino. See
<https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Apple_processors?file=Johny_Srouji_Apple_chip_durability_lab_in_Cupertino.jpg>

> Surely the "chip facilities" are at TSMC.

Mass manufacturing is done by TSMC (and others) in Asia, although there
are plans to have US-based manufacturing - one example is a TMSC
foundry in Pheonix, which will be used by Apple.

> 'These mysterious semiconductors coming from Apple were the curiosity
> of the tech industry, but it wasn’t until the release of the iPhone
> 5s in 2013 that rivals really started to pay attention. The phone
> featured the A7 processor, the first smartphone chip with 64
> bits—double the 32-bit standard at the time. '
>
> "coming from Apple"? Surely that can't be! Surely the author must mean
> "coming from TSMC"!
>
> 'And since Apple is doing a fine job with mobile processors, it could
> conceivably decide to get into conventional chips and bump Intel out of
> its Mac laptops and desktops. Srouji, of course, won’t go there,
> though he does allow that his team’s mission is finite. “If we
> attempt to do everything on the planet,” he says, “I don’t think
> that would be very smart.”'
>
> And guess what came to pass...

Re: Bloomberg seems to know...

<t0vcs2$19o5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14050&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14050

Followup: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 13:25:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 13:25 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> Apple

Please do not respond to Alan Baker posts as EVERYONE has him plonked.
And the fact you reposted his idiocy means you're merely one of his socks.

FACT:
Nobody in high tech spends _less_ than Apple in R&D, nor more in propaganda.

Tell it to the Apple newsgroups.
They believe everything Apple feeds them.

Android owners aren't fooled by propaganda.
Neither are Windows owners fooled by propaganda.
Nor Linux owners.

Nobody on the adult operating system newsgroups believes mothership
propaganda. The only people who fall for that crap are Apple users.

They _gloat_ over Apple profits as a result of drinking the kool-aid.
(Nobody on the adult OS newsgroups would gloat over mothership profits.)

Apple has never designed a best in class SOC in its entire history.
They can't. They won't. They never will.

They spend more in propaganda than they do in actuall design
(e.g., Apple touts "TSMC Silicon"... woo hoo!... like that's a big deal).

Only morons believe the propaganda.
Post it to the child-like Apple newsgroups who drank the punch.

Re: Bloomberg seems to know...

<t0vhij$1nkh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14053&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14053

From: bellemar...@gmail.com (CDB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 10:45:40 -0400
 by: CDB - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 14:45 UTC

On 3/16/2022 11:22 PM, Alan wrote:

> 'Srouji recently spent several hours with Bloomberg
> And guess what came to pass...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-25/chinese-state-banks-restrict-financing-for-russian-commodities
China State Banks Restrict Financing for Russian Commodities
Bloomberg News
February 25, 2022, 9:43 AM EST
At least two of China's largest state-owned banks are restricting financing
for purchases of Russian commodities, underscoring the limits of Beijing's
pledge to maintain economic ties with one of its most important strategic
partners in the face of sanctions by the U.S. and its allies.

Re: Bloomberg seems to know...

<t101vn$spf$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14066&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14066

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan making fun of Arlen)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 12:25:43 -0700
 by: Alan making fun of A - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 19:25 UTC

On 2022-03-17 6:25 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> Apple
>
> Please do not respond to Alan Baker posts as EVERYONE has him plonked.
> And the fact you reposted his idiocy means you're merely one of his socks.

I don't use socks except to point out that you are too cowardly to
address me.

I've never posted as "Your Name".

You, OTOH, regularly change your posting name to avoid killfiles.

> FACT:
> Nobody in high tech spends _less_ than Apple in R&D, nor more in
> propaganda.

Lots of companies spend less.

Only a handful spend more.

> Tell it to the Apple newsgroups.
> They believe everything Apple feeds them.
>
> Android owners aren't fooled by propaganda. Neither are Windows owners
> fooled by propaganda.
> Nor Linux owners.
>
> Nobody on the adult operating system newsgroups believes mothership
> propaganda. The only people who fall for that crap are Apple users.
>
> They _gloat_ over Apple profits as a result of drinking the kool-aid.
> (Nobody on the adult OS newsgroups would gloat over mothership profits.)
>
> Apple has never designed a best in class SOC in its entire history.
> They can't. They won't. They never will.
> They spend more in propaganda than they do in actuall design
> (e.g., Apple touts "TSMC Silicon"... woo hoo!... like that's a big deal).

It isn't 'TSMC Silicon' when TSMC manufacturers for anyone but Apple...

....so why is that?