From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Apple lied: M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU Despite Apple's Charts
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 02:48:05 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 02:48 UTC

Apple lied: Apple only tells the truth in court.

This is a related offshoot of Apple propaganda posted this week here:
*Apple continues to lead in CPUs* (which turns out to be a brazen lie)
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/lZ_75avMuvo>

*M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU Despite Apple's Charts*
<https://www.macrumors.com/2022/03/17/m1-ultra-nvidia-rtx-3090-comparison/>
"To hear Apple tell it, the M1 Ultra is a miracle of silicon,
one that combines the hardware of two M1 Max processors for a single
chipset that is nothing less than the "world's most powerful chip for
a personal computer." And if you just looked at Apple's charts,
you might be tempted to buy into those claims.

But what the chart doesn't show is that while the M1 Ultra's line
more or less stops there, the RTX 3090 has a lot more power that
it can draw on."

Apple lied. Apple only tells the truth in court.

*The M1 Ultra is not more powerful than an RTX 3090*
<https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/17/22982915/apple-m1-ultra-rtx-3090-comparison-specs-charts-cpu-gpu-performance>
"When the M1 Ultra was introduced, Apple shared a chart
that had the new chip winning out over the "highest-end discrete GPU"
in "relative performance," without details on what tests were run to
achieve those results. Apple showed the M1 Ultra beating the RTX 3090
at a certain power level, but Apple isn't sharing the whole picture
with its limited graphic.

The Verge decided to pit the M1 Ultra against the Nvidia RTX 3090
using Geekbench 5 graphics tests, and unsurprisingly, it cannot match
Nvidia's chip when that chip is run at full power. The Mac Studio beat
out the 16-core Mac Pro, but performance was about half that of the
RTX 3090.

It is unclear why Apple focused on this particular benchmark
as it is somewhat misleading to customers because it does not
take into account the full range of Nvidia's chip.

It's sort of like arguing that because your electric car can use
dramatically less fuel when driving at 80 miles per hour than a
Lamborghini, it has a better engine - without mentioning the fact
that a Lambo can still go twice as fast."

Apple lied. Apple only tells the truth in court.

The only people who _believe_ the propaganda are the iKooks who are:
a. Of low self esteem (they gain their esteem from Apple success)
b. Of low IQ (which is why they fall for every single Apple trick)
c. Almost completely uneducated (they can't tell fact from fiction)
--
Nobody has a lower R&D percentage spend than Apple in all of high tech.
Nobody.

Re: Apple lied: M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU Despite Apple's Charts

<t10t63$39a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14075&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14075

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan laughing at Arlen)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Apple lied: M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU
Despite Apple's Charts
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:09:54 -0700
 by: Alan laughing at Arl - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 03:09 UTC

On 2022-03-17 7:48 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Apple lied: Apple only tells the truth in court.
>
> This is a related offshoot of Apple propaganda posted this week here:
> *Apple continues to lead in CPUs* (which turns out to be a brazen lie)
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/lZ_75avMuvo>

Is a GPU a CPU now?

Re: Apple lied: M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU Despite Apple's Charts

<t14svt$qju$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14099&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14099

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:31:12 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:31 UTC

Apple lied.

Apple only tells the truth when forced to in a court of law.

*Big surprise, Apple's new M1 Ultra isn't actually faster than an RTX 3090*
"Benchmarks show Apple over-eager with the M1 Ultra's performance."
<https://www.pcgamer.com/big-surprise-apples-new-m1-ultra-isnt-actually-faster-than-an-rtx-3090/>

"When Apple announced the latest spin of its M1 silicon, the M1 Ultra,
it promised that the graphical performance of the integrated GPU was
world-beating.

Even faster than the best desktop silicon, the Nvidia RTX 3090, no less.

Now that a select few outlets have had a chance to play with the M1 Ultra,
which can be found in the new Mac Studio, it should come as no surprise
to learn that the performance isn't quite as hot as Apple touted."

Only the low-self-esteem iKooks believe every one of Apple's lies.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect they gain all their self esteem from Apple's claims of superiority
(and yet, they hate all facts that prove Apple almost never tells the truth)

Re: Apple lied: M1 Ultra Doesn't Beat Out Nvidia's RTX 3090 GPU Despite Apple's Charts

<t154l5$ubk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14105&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14105

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan pointing out Arlen's lies)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Despite Apple's Charts
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 10:41:55 -0700
 by: Alan pointing out Ar - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 17:41 UTC

On 2022-03-19 8:31 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Apple lied.
>
> Apple only tells the truth when forced to in a court of law.
>
> *Big surprise, Apple's new M1 Ultra isn't actually faster than an RTX 3090*
> "Benchmarks show Apple over-eager with the M1 Ultra's performance."
> <https://www.pcgamer.com/big-surprise-apples-new-m1-ultra-isnt-actually-faster-than-an-rtx-3090/>
>

> "When Apple announced the latest spin of its M1 silicon, the M1 Ultra,
>  it promised that the graphical performance of the integrated GPU was
>  world-beating.
>  Even faster than the best desktop silicon, the Nvidia RTX 3090, no less.
>
>  Now that a select few outlets have had a chance to play with the M1
> Ultra,
>  which can be found in the new Mac Studio, it should come as no
> surprise  to learn that the performance isn't quite as hot as Apple
> touted."

It's interesting that the article doesn't actually quote what Apple has
actually said...

'At its peak, M1 Max delivers similar performance to one of the most
popular discrete GPUs while using one-third the power.2'

And the footnote:

'2. Testing conducted by Apple in February 2022 using preproduction Mac
Studio systems with Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU and 32-core GPU, and
preproduction Mac Studio systems with Apple M1 Ultra, 20-core CPU and
64-core GPU. Performance measured using select industry‑standard
benchmarks. Popular discrete GPU performance data from testing Core
i9-12900K with DDR5 memory and GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. Highest-end discrete
GPU performance data from testing Core i9-12900K with DDR5 memory and
GeForce RTX 3090. Performance tests are conducted using specific
computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Studio.'

So at no time did Apple claim that the M1 Max "beat" the GeForce RTX 3090.

So...

....just another Arlen lie.