Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

SubjectAuthor
* QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11Nomen Nescio
`* Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11Nomen Nescio
 +* Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11Nomen Nescio
 |`- Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11Anonymous
 `- Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11Yamn Remailer

1
QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

<1b68c5695720d895273110bc4823510d@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14150&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14150

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 09:11:04 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 15 May 2023 07:11 UTC

After windows 11, windows 10 too made some update that is not
compatible with QSL.
After the restart QSL don't work anymore.
It worked so well up to a week ago.
Same error that appears in windows 11.
"I failed to load mixlib.dll in my home directory!"
In Computer Manager / Event Viewer / windows register / applications
I find:
Path to the application that generated the error:
C:\Users\utente\QSL114\qsl.exe
Path to the module that generated the error:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

The problem seems to be the ntdll.dll

Some tips?

Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

<0cf2e30723653b7e70b109a10a7d52af@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14153&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14153

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 10:02:01 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 15 May 2023 08:02 UTC

On 15 May 2023 8:11 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> After windows 11, windows 10 too made some update that is not
> compatible with QSL.
> After the restart QSL don't work anymore.
> It worked so well up to a week ago.
> Same error that appears in windows 11.
> "I failed to load mixlib.dll in my home directory!"
> In Computer Manager / Event Viewer / windows register / applications
> I find:
> Path to the application that generated the error:
> C:\Users\utente\QSL114\qsl.exe
> Path to the module that generated the error: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
>
> The problem seems to be the ntdll.dll
>
> Some tips?

delete qsl completely then reinstall.

Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

<d74208834be59909709d2d1f110e1ef6@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14154&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14154

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 15:11:18 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 15 May 2023 13:11 UTC

> delete qsl completely then reinstall.

I don't understand why, but it worked.
How it is possible?

In every case, Thank You

Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

<20230515.144030.4e88a548@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14155&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14155

Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 14:40:30 +0100
From: nore...@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Mon, 15 May 2023 13:40 UTC

On 5/15/2023 1:02 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> On 15 May 2023 8:11 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> After windows 11, windows 10 too made some update that is not
>> compatible with QSL.
>> After the restart QSL don't work anymore.
>> It worked so well up to a week ago.
>> Same error that appears in windows 11.
>> "I failed to load mixlib.dll in my home directory!"
>> In Computer Manager / Event Viewer / windows register / applications
>> I find:
>> Path to the application that generated the error:
>> C:\Users\utente\QSL114\qsl.exe
>> Path to the module that generated the error:
>> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
>>
>> The problem seems to be the ntdll.dll
>>
>> Some tips?
>>

> delete qsl completely then reinstall.

+1

Worked for me.

Re: QSL stopped working after update of windows 10 and windows 11

<20230515.185610.377e8277@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14156&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14156

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 18:56:10 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 15 May 2023 18:56 UTC

On 5/15/2023 6:11 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> I don't understand why, but it worked.
> How it is possible?
>
> In every case, Thank You

I'm sorry this happened to you. It's a real hassle, I'm sure.

You have to face facts:

QSL still works, but the program is dead.

Richard Christman, the author is long gone. He retired, has abandoned
QSL and the program is no longer developed or worked on by anyone.

If Richard were still around, likely he would be able to fix these
"bugs" and compatibility issues with current operating systems.