Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: elvis-85...@notatla.org.uk
Subject: state of openssl
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 22:14:59 GMT
 by: elvis-85...@notatla.org.uk - Wed, 17 May 2023 22:14 UTC

I mailed somone who knows stuff and it went like this:

Is there a good modern guide to programming
with OpenSSL?

In the last few years some APIs have changed
and the official documentation isn't really
helpful for people who don't already know it.

I'm thinking symmetric and asymmetric crypto
rather than CAs and cert chains.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any such book. I looked into doing some
OpenSSL development at some point and struggled to find good documentation.

My impression is that people are now moving away from using C and C++ for
critical work, and Rust is gaining traction.
https://github.com/rustls/rustls being one example.