"Success covers a multitude of blunders." -- George Bernard Shaw

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / omnimix key import

SubjectAuthor
* omnimix key importYamn Remailer
+- Re: omnimix key importNomen Nescio
+- Re: omnimix key importAnonymous
`* Re: omnimix key importNomen Nescio
 +* Re: omnimix key importYamn Remailer
 |`- Re: omnimix key importNomen Nescio
 `* Re: omnimix key importFritz Wuehler
  `* Re: omnimix key importYamn Remailer
   `* Re: omnimix key importFritz Wuehler
    `* Re: omnimix key importYamn Remailer
     `* Re: omnimix key importAnonymous
      `* Re: omnimix key importYamn Remailer
       `* Re: omnimix key importYamn Remailer
        `- Re: omnimix key importAnonymous

1
omnimix key import

<20230519.095251.9972342f@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14177&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14177

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net A85B8405FE
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 09:52:51 -0400
Subject: omnimix key import
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Fri, 19 May 2023 13:52 UTC

how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
with qsl.

Re: omnimix key import

<bad48e83d56749e7e4e9d3bb3c6cd744@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14179&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14179

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: omnimix key import
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 22:43:37 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 19 May 2023 20:43 UTC

In article <20230519.095251.9972342f@erienetworks.net> Yamn Remailer wrote:
>how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>with qsl.
Not worth it. Delete your nym in QSL and recreate it in Omnimix with a new
key.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230519.205148.8eac1127@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14180&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14180

Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 20:51:48 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 19 May 2023 20:51 UTC

On 19 May 2023 2:52 pm, Yamn Remailer wrote:
> how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
> with qsl.

You cannot import nym keys into OM. You must create your nym within OM.

Re: omnimix key import

<203ddc29738ed5f3166161f70c9f7e43@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14181&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14181

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 23:18:40 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 19 May 2023 21:18 UTC

Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

>how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>with qsl.

That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:

At the Nym Configurator:
- Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
(right-click - Import Key(s))
- Create a new nym account
(At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
click Add to create the nym account entry)

Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
(different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
seed value.

Example
(3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):

Subject:
uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4

Seed:
7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E

Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
+2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ

Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk

Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo

Esub Mantra:
WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI

Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
the nymserver.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230520.043318.8f5e52cf@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14183&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14183

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 931CE4363B
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 04:33:18 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 20 May 2023 08:33 UTC

On 19 May 2023 10:18 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>> with qsl.
>
> That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
> key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:
>
> At the Nym Configurator:
> - Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
> (right-click - Import Key(s))
> - Create a new nym account
> (At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
> at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
> then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
> click Add to create the nym account entry)
>
> Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
> (different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
> seed value.
>
> Example
> (3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):
>
> Subject:
> uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4
>
> Seed:
> 7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
> IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
> TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
> +2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
> npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
> U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
> YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
> dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
> e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
> gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo
>
> Esub Mantra:
> WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI
>
> Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
> get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
> user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
> replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
> And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
> the nymserver.

Thanks. Useful. I tried but stopped halfway because I didn't want to
screw up my OM nym account.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230520.110727.78541dfe@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14184&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14184

From: fri...@spamexpire-202305.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 11:07:27 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sat, 20 May 2023 09:07 UTC

On 19 May 2023 10:18 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>> with qsl.
>
> That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
> key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:
>
> At the Nym Configurator:
> - Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
> (right-click - Import Key(s))
> - Create a new nym account
> (At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
> at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
> then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
> click Add to create the nym account entry)
>
> Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
> (different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
> seed value.
>
> Example
> (3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):
>
> Subject:
> uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4
>
> Seed:
> 7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
> IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
> TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
> +2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
> npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
> U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
> YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk
>
> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
> dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
> e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
> gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo
>
> Esub Mantra:
> WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI
>
> Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
> get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
> user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
> replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
> And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
> the nymserver.

this looks easier than creating a new nym with om

Re: omnimix key import

<ba28e8ea5bd05a1291bf40ce79691b1a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14185&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14185

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 12:03:11 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 20 May 2023 10:03 UTC

Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>On 19 May 2023 10:18 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>>> with qsl.
>>
>> That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
>> key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:
>>
>> At the Nym Configurator:
>> - Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
>> (right-click - Import Key(s))
>> - Create a new nym account
>> (At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
>> at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
>> then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
>> click Add to create the nym account entry)
>>
>> Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
>> (different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
>> seed value.
>>
>> Example
>> (3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):
>>
>> Subject:
>> uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4
>>
>> Seed:
>> 7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
>> IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
>> TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
>> +2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
>> npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
>> U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
>> YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
>> dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
>> e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
>> gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo
>>
>> Esub Mantra:
>> WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI
>>
>> Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
>> get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
>> user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
>> replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
>> And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
>> the nymserver.
>>

>Thanks. Useful. I tried but stopped halfway because I didn't want to
>screw up my OM nym account.

There's no risk, as long as the QSL nym you try to add has an address
different from any of your present OM nyms. And if there's an address
collision the Nym Configurator aborts the Add command with the message

Account 'Abc <abc@nym.mixmin.net>' NOT added. It may already exist.

You may also backup your OmniNym.ini file or even your complete OM
folder before testing, if you still feel uncomfortable.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230520.064321.89673e58@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14186&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14186

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net DC4EB4363C
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 06:43:21 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 20 May 2023 10:43 UTC

Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>On 19 May 2023 10:18 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> how can u import external nym keys into omnimix? i have a nym created
>>> with qsl.
>>
>> That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
>> key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:
>>
>> At the Nym Configurator:
>> - Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
>> (right-click - Import Key(s))
>> - Create a new nym account
>> (At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
>> at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
>> then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
>> click Add to create the nym account entry)
>>
>> Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
>> (different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
>> seed value.
>>
>> Example
>> (3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):
>>
>> Subject:
>> uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4
>>
>> Seed:
>> 7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
>> IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
>> TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
>> +2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
>> npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
>> U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
>> YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk
>>
>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
>> dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
>> e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
>> gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo
>>
>> Esub Mantra:
>> WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI
>>
>> Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
>> get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
>> user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
>> replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
>> And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
>> the nymserver.
>>
> this looks easier than creating a new nym with om

To create a new nym you only have to select a nym server,
enter your future nym's alias and name, click Add and
Create Key, then, after leaving the nym configurator,
send a Create message to the server with another click.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230520.213804.28f3c562@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14190&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14190

From: fri...@spamexpire-202305.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 21:38:04 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sat, 20 May 2023 19:38 UTC

On 20 May 2023 11:43 am, Yamn Remailer wrote:
> Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>>> That's a great question, though it's not only about importing your nym
>>> key and assigning it to your newly created OM nym, which is possible:
>>>
>>> At the Nym Configurator:
>>> - Add your key pair to the Nym Accounts > Keyring list
>>> (right-click - Import Key(s))
>>> - Create a new nym account
>>> (At Nym Routing set the respective Nym Server,
>>> at Nym Accounts enter your nym's Alias, Name and it's key's Mantra,
>>> then at Key-ID click "..." to select the nym's key and click Accept,
>>> click Add to create the nym account entry)
>>>
>>> Beyond that OM persues a sophisticated strategy to derive all
>>> (different) reply passphrases used during nym processing from a common
>>> seed value.
>>>
>>> Example
>>> (3 reply blocks / slots with 2 additional Type-1 remailers each):
>>>
>>> Subject:
>>> uyUCafVxa+ES/CIx9LiBw9l6BtZmkdzOF3UoR3g7ol4
>>>
>>> Seed:
>>> 7aUrIR7+BQm3/EXF44MF6eisauw3WBw8MCxaoZQ/D7E
>>>
>>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 1):
>>> IMGKVtsjNtwMgTTrVa20DwzMEmqSeS2wKAuNWk5FBPg
>>> TjpnKcyxhwPS6DBLQx9KrAkxYNMJUvKeWq5OSJrOAF0
>>> +2xUgSe8+VVV7imxvgxkN8LqnsftnDdKIjCrurZD+pQ
>>>
>>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 2):
>>> npvzX34E1zhl39SXtrM0JyNy7a3nMglrPwcxWNIE9n8
>>> U875AkcNlw/RHuwkoaZ4H96KiJVVij1NtihBtLCgVMY
>>> YhR2Buq9hxhetGxtFIRjIJ3slNnV7bGm3J9zeudciQk
>>>
>>> Remailer Mantras ([nym server ...] exit remailer / slot 3):
>>> dCENCsziOqFUpwMp+t4WMtWqwYcTEAHbLlaYKccfKfc
>>> e/e7H3OoRQll0FMUl/VMmd7LkjTiowSx145P3fqQ8gQ
>>> gdW9xhWySkzpqsTrURaf1CBzsTYbZOEVfHkhXdyj5jo
>>>
>>> Esub Mantra:
>>> WOOeYXKgtAT1C1W+85MxCFzo/fGzvNsUXSwlmT7MppI
>>>
>>> Try the above, then send a "Modify the selected nym account" message to
>>> get everything in place. Don't forget to add that nym account to your
>>> user account (at the User tab), as otherwise OM won't search for its
>>> replies when your mail client downloads messages from OM's POP3 server.
>>> And please let us know, whether you're successful and get a reply from
>>> the nymserver.
>>>
>> this looks easier than creating a new nym with om
>

> To create a new nym you only have to select a nym server,
> enter your future nym's alias and name, click Add and
> Create Key, then, after leaving the nym configurator,
> send a Create message to the server with another click.

I tried this but got, "Sending error: Message analysis/ preparation
failed: Nym account not assigned to given user account"

Re: omnimix key import

<20230520.231021.8da3e6a0@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14191&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14191

From: nore...@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 23:10:21 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 20 May 2023 22:10 UTC

Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>On 20 May 2023 11:43 am, Yamn Remailer wrote:
>> Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>>> this looks easier than creating a new nym with om
>>

>> To create a new nym you only have to select a nym server,
>> enter your future nym's alias and name, click Add and
>> Create Key, then, after leaving the nym configurator,
>> send a Create message to the server with another click.
>>

>I tried this but got, "Sending error: Message analysis/ preparation
>failed: Nym account not assigned to given user account"

In order to create a nym account go to the ModNym tab,
at the Nym Accounts list select your nym, then from the
pulldown menu select "Create the selected nym account"
and finally click "Send Msg".

The error message you got results from sending a nym
message without having added your nym account to the
OmniMix and Nym user accounts. As OM is a multi-user
system nyms have to be explicitly assigned to certain
users. Go to the User tab, select the OmniMix entry,
click "=", tick your nym at the Nyms list, click Accept.
Repeating those steps with the Nym entry allows you to
send nym messages also with the integrated Mailer. To
activate your changes click "Start", which restarts all
servers using that new configuration.

But before sending any nym message you first have to
create that nym account by sending a plain anonymous
create message followed by a confirmation message based
on the reply you get from the nymserver.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230521.082201.a664250d@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14194&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14194

Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 08:22:01 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 21 May 2023 08:22 UTC

On 20 May 2023 11:10 pm, Yamn Remailer wrote:
> Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>>> To create a new nym you only have to select a nym server,
>>> enter your future nym's alias and name, click Add and
>>> Create Key, then, after leaving the nym configurator,
>>> send a Create message to the server with another click.
>>>

>> I tried this but got, "Sending error: Message analysis/ preparation
>> failed: Nym account not assigned to given user account"
>

> In order to create a nym account go to the ModNym tab,
> at the Nym Accounts list select your nym, then from the
> pulldown menu select "Create the selected nym account"
> and finally click "Send Msg".
>
> The error message you got results from sending a nym
> message without having added your nym account to the
> OmniMix and Nym user accounts. As OM is a multi-user
> system nyms have to be explicitly assigned to certain
> users. Go to the User tab, select the OmniMix entry,
> click "=", tick your nym at the Nyms list, click Accept.
> Repeating those steps with the Nym entry allows you to
> send nym messages also with the integrated Mailer. To
> activate your changes click "Start", which restarts all
> servers using that new configuration.
>
> But before sending any nym message you first have to
> create that nym account by sending a plain anonymous
> create message followed by a confirmation message based
> on the reply you get from the nymserver.

Where does the reply appear? In OM? I'm used to the qsl method of
using qsaam getting replies from aam.

Re: omnimix key import

<20230521.122549.0e3777bf@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14195&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14195

From: nore...@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:25:49 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sun, 21 May 2023 11:25 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Where does the reply appear? In OM? I'm used to the qsl method of
>using qsaam getting replies from aam.

All nym replies are transferred to your mail client
during a POP3 mail download from OM.

>From which source OM gets nym replies depends on your
nym's configuration, to be exact, which destination you
entered at Nym Configurator > Nym Routing > Destination.
For obvious privacy reasons it's recommended to enter a
newsgroup (usually alt.anonymous.messages) there instead
of your mail address(es), and download all postings from
the Internet to a local repository before locating and
processing your individual messages locally. Therefore
you also have to activate the Hamster newsserver
background process, which repeatedly polls the external
newsserver specified at Hamster > ExtSvr for new a.a.m
messages. To make your Hamster run go to Hamster > Run,
activate Autostart, Aotoclose and Autoconnect and click
Start. After some time there'll be activity at the
Hamster log list showing the progression of the postings
download process.

When your mail client anonymously returns a nym
confirmation message to the nymserver OM automatically
removes all irrelevant header data and the complete body
section forwarding to the remailer network nothing but
e.g.

To: confirm+a5e3091f4c50338b@nymph.paranoici.org

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutornymreceive.htm>

Re: omnimix key import

<20230521.101900.7c5c19e3@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14197&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14197

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net B239A4363D
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 10:19:00 -0400
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sun, 21 May 2023 14:19 UTC

On 21 May 2023 12:25 pm, Yamn Remailer wrote:
> Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>
>> Where does the reply appear? In OM? I'm used to the qsl method of
>> using qsaam getting replies from aam.
>
> All nym replies are transferred to your mail client
> during a POP3 mail download from OM.
>
>>From which source OM gets nym replies depends on your
> nym's configuration, to be exact, which destination you
> entered at Nym Configurator > Nym Routing > Destination.
> For obvious privacy reasons it's recommended to enter a
> newsgroup (usually alt.anonymous.messages) there instead
> of your mail address(es), and download all postings from
> the Internet to a local repository before locating and
> processing your individual messages locally. Therefore
> you also have to activate the Hamster newsserver
> background process, which repeatedly polls the external
> newsserver specified at Hamster > ExtSvr for new a.a.m
> messages. To make your Hamster run go to Hamster > Run,
> activate Autostart, Aotoclose and Autoconnect and click
> Start. After some time there'll be activity at the
> Hamster log list showing the progression of the postings
> download process.
>
> When your mail client anonymously returns a nym
> confirmation message to the nymserver OM automatically
> removes all irrelevant header data and the complete body
> section forwarding to the remailer network nothing but
> e.g.
>
> To: confirm+a5e3091f4c50338b@nymph.paranoici.org
>
> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutornymreceive.htm>

Thanks. How do you configure OM to search aam for your messages?

Re: omnimix key import

<20230521.160204.c744d40d@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14198&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14198

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 16:02:04 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 21 May 2023 16:02 UTC

Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

>On 21 May 2023 12:25 pm, Yamn Remailer wrote:
>> Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Where does the reply appear? In OM? I'm used to the qsl method of
>>> using qsaam getting replies from aam.
>>
>> All nym replies are transferred to your mail client
>> during a POP3 mail download from OM.
>>
>>>From which source OM gets nym replies depends on your
>> nym's configuration, to be exact, which destination you
>> entered at Nym Configurator > Nym Routing > Destination.
>> For obvious privacy reasons it's recommended to enter a
>> newsgroup (usually alt.anonymous.messages) there instead
>> of your mail address(es), and download all postings from
>> the Internet to a local repository before locating and
>> processing your individual messages locally. Therefore
>> you also have to activate the Hamster newsserver
>> background process, which repeatedly polls the external
>> newsserver specified at Hamster > ExtSvr for new a.a.m
>> messages. To make your Hamster run go to Hamster > Run,
>> activate Autostart, Aotoclose and Autoconnect and click
>> Start. After some time there'll be activity at the
>> Hamster log list showing the progression of the postings
>> download process.
>>
>> When your mail client anonymously returns a nym
>> confirmation message to the nymserver OM automatically
>> removes all irrelevant header data and the complete body
>> section forwarding to the remailer network nothing but
>> e.g.
>>
>> To: confirm+a5e3091f4c50338b@nymph.paranoici.org
>>
>> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutornymreceive.htm>
>>
> Thanks. How do you configure OM to search aam for your messages?

The Destination field of your nym configuration tells OM
where to search for your replies. If you want OM to
scan (Hamster) newsgroups for nym replies during a POP3
request you have to activate NwsNym > Polling by setting
it to Optional or Enabled. I override that setting by
using the extended username syntax in my mail client
with "omnimix;pl=N" to get nym messages and
"omnimix;pl=P;to=n;ht=mailserver.isp.com;pt=995;tl=i;au=u;un=myname;pw=mypassword"
to download normal mail, which you're even allowed to
combine.

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorremailpop3.htm>

Hamster > Groups holds the list of newsgroups to
download from the external news server, which is
specified in Hamster > ExtSvr with the polling interval
and further parameters changeable at Hamster > Config.
After changes there you have to click Hamster > Run >
UpdateHamsterConfiguration and restart Hamster.

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutornymreceive.htm>