From: me...@home.spamsucks.ca (Király)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Notes app not syncing
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 02:44:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Király - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 02:44 UTC

My Notes app syncs perfectly between my M1 iMac and my iPhone over
iCloud. But on my ancient 2009 iMac running High Sierra it recently
stopped. All of the notes disappeared. I tried rebooting. Tried signing
out and back in to iCloud. Tried unchecking and rechecking Notes in
iCloud prefs. Tried deleting the Notes files in ~/Library/Preferences
and in ~/Library/Containers. Still nothing. Other apps that sync over
iCloud like Calendars and Contacts, and iCloud Drive are all still
working. I'm stumped. Anything else I can try?

--
K.

Connection closed by foreign host.

Re: Notes app not syncing

<jc6pevF1cajU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14212&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14212

From: pjh...@nanoworks.com (Percival John Hackworth)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Notes app not syncing
Date: 19 Apr 2022 03:43:27 GMT
 by: Percival John Hackwo - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 03:43 UTC

On 18-Apr-2022 at 7:44:28PM PDT, "Király" <=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?=> wrote:

> My Notes app syncs perfectly between my M1 iMac and my iPhone over
> iCloud. But on my ancient 2009 iMac running High Sierra it recently
> stopped. All of the notes disappeared. I tried rebooting. Tried signing
> out and back in to iCloud. Tried unchecking and rechecking Notes in
> iCloud prefs. Tried deleting the Notes files in ~/Library/Preferences
> and in ~/Library/Containers. Still nothing. Other apps that sync over
> iCloud like Calendars and Contacts, and iCloud Drive are all still
> working. I'm stumped. Anything else I can try?

I haven't been able to sign into iCloud from 10.13 for the last week. I though
they might have changed the authenticatoin because both machines tell me "You
can't login from here. Try again later."

It started last weekend. I also started getting Kernel Panics with ""No more
room to grow table: 0x0xffffff8003c41ee0" with different processes running in
the panic report. I thought it might be the last two security updates, but
both machines have the panic regardless of if they've got the 2020-05 and
2020-06 security patch installed. Installing the patch does nothing to fix
access to iCloud, so I've pulled all my files from my drive and put them in
Google Drive which works fine.