From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Can you fully control your iOS phone from a Windows PC over USB like you can with Android?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 05:57:55 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:57 UTC

In stark contrast to those disgusting responses on the child-like Apple
newsgroups to any question about basic functionality on iOS, here are two
related threads asked of the same questions on the _adult_ OS newsgroups:
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.bat>
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>

Specifically note the _adult_ responses in these two threads on this topic:
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.batch/c/DmexCLwn_tM>
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/eMYBmpq2H50>

And, as a result of purposefully helpful _intelligent_ people being on those
adult OS newsgroups, note the fantastic success we've accomplished together.
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> APKs at FOSS Google Play Store

The question remains whether similar free functionality is available on iOS?
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Can you fully control your iOS phone from a Windows PC over USB like you can with Android?

<t4b83r$981$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14239&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14239

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:06:52 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:06 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> The question remains whether similar free functionality is available on iOS?

Vysor "can" connect both Android & iOS devices to Windows, Mac, Linux PCs.

I tested another "free" solution to control iOS mirroring on Windows which
has a convenient but only potential advantage that the same desktop works
for both iOS & Android on all common consumer desktop platforms.
<https://i.postimg.cc/fTy57WSY/vysor25.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS Win mirror

That advantage of Vysor is that it works with everything you've got; but the
disadvantage is that it requires classic Apple clusterfuckware, which sucks.
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502

However, another potential useful advantage of Vysor is that it works
remotely across the net - which is a boon to helping iOS users from afar.
<https://i.postimg.cc/ydJYXZKw/vysor06.jpg> Remote mirror over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0V03fxQ/vysor05.jpg> Vysor mirrors over the Internet

It worked flawlessly with Android - which worked perfectly out of the box.
<https://i.postimg.cc/sg6r6gTy/vysor12.jpg> Vysor easily finds Android only

But the documentation explains Apple software on Windows is clusterfuckware,
where, in my situation, the Apple Mobile Device Driver Support errored out.
<https://i.postimg.cc/2S2zsw8s/vysor09.jpg> Classic Apple Error code 2503

Even as my iPad connects _without_ Apple clusterfuckware just fine on Win10.
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6X28fWJ/vysor18.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/yxP5DL5B/vysor19.jpg> Classic Apple error 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502
<https://i.postimg.cc/QdVPMkqG/vysor21.jpg> Apple iPad on Win10 over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kz7pW9mL/vysor22.jpg> Apple Win10 iOS drivers suck
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10
<https://i.postimg.cc/3wmtyL46/vysor24.jpg> Apple Device working properly

Nonetheless, since the iKooks know absolutely nothing about this product, it
behooves me to again helpfully inform those on the iOS newsgroups it exists.
<https://www.vysor.io/> "A window to your Phone"
"Vysor puts your iOS or Android on your desktop.
Use apps, play games, control your iOS or Android.
A desktop or web app, compatible with all operating systems.
Use your Keyboard. Point, click, scroll. Your mouse works too.
Share your device, across the office, or across the globe.
Screen and ADB access to remote devices. Simple as sending a link."

Vysor apparently works with all phones and all desktops:
<https://youtu.be/qAHTini67GA>
Name: Vysor-win-4.1.77.exe
Size: 115651304 bytes (110 MiB)
SHA256: 0984A30C0BC1A76376D675C92CEC47725E16A9A6A5816A39FB8C7124BCA50DC7

The free version can do these two things which we've been discussing:
a. Mirror and Control iOS/Android
b. Screenshots

Their payware version has more functionality (which we had in scrcpy):
<https://www.vysor.io/#pricing>
High Quality Mirroring
Fullscreen Mode
Go Wireless
Vysor Share
Drag and Drop Files

Here is a tutorial to get you set up faster:
*How to connect your Network Radio to PC/MAC with remote access*
<https://www.nr515.be/manuals/connecting-your-network-radio-to-your-pc-mac/>

That suggests these Universal Windows Drivers for Android Debug Bridge:
<https://adb.clockworkmod.com/>
Name: UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
Size: 17060864 bytes (16 MiB)
SHA256: 4E77E303BBA6CF84588BDB6DA91F7A875D406F7930CBE9F4D2AAE0B643C0C928

Or, if you're on a Mac:
<https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/>
<https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip>

The iOS device requires a lot more crap though:
Visor, Mirror and Control your iPhone, by Vysor, Inc.
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vysor/id1577813680>
"Mirror and Control your iPhone"
"Vysor lets you view and control your iOS on your computer.
Use apps, play games, control your iOS with your mouse and keyboard."

AppleMobileDeviceSupport
<https://github.com/koush/AppleMobileDeviceSupport/releases/latest>
Name: AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi
Size: 39915520 bytes (38 MiB)
SHA256: E9C07621AB1C34B29C0674FC74DE9B25909AB05513A02662861E86EB8A4E7677
Name: AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi
Size: 24141824 bytes (23 MiB)
SHA256: C9481DAAD16AE2A5927C39D9B34B86E19E7DD018F320459F4419DA6DD90539B4

Vysor Dongle (for bluetooth control)
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki/Vysor-Dongle>
"Due to limitations in Windows bluetooth, Vysor needs an off the shelf USB
dongle to control iOS devices. The Vysor Dongle can also be used on Mac
and Linux for improved bluetooth performance, but it is not required."
--
See also why most Apple software on Windows is known as clusterfuckware...
Apple mobile device support won't install on Windows