From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: [iPhone 14] What's the only common consumer electronics that does NOT get better, faster, & cheaper over time?
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 15:40:39 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 1 May 2022 14:40 UTC

I know the iKooks hate an _adult_ supervision... but it is what it is.

QUESTION: What's the only common consumer electronics that does NOT get
better, faster, & cheaper over time?
ANSWER: The Apple iPhone

Q: Why?
A: Marketing.

*New Apple Exclusive Reveals iPhone 14 Price Shock*
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2022/04/30/apple-iphone-14-pro-max-price-release-new-iphone-launch>

Now you know why paying hundreds of dollars per iPhone to Qualcomm (in
addition to the BILLIONS previously paid to Qualcomm) is Apple's penalty
for putting all their spending into bullshit marketing instead of into R&D.

It's _you_ who is paying for all that (admittedly brilliant) bullshit
marketing. And Qualcomm is one of the key beneficiaries of your largesse.

Why?
Because Apple isn't a design powerhouse. Apple is all marketing.

Unfortunately for you iKooks, Apple's well-demonstrated lack of design
ability is why _you_ are paying Qualcomm _hundreds_ of dollars, per iPhone.

Prove me wrong.
HINT: You can't.

It's _only_ highly marketed electronics that do NOT get better, faster,
_and_ cheaper over time (e.g., witness my _free_ Samsung phone which has
more app functionality than the most expensive iPhone ever manufactured).

You can deny all those facts because you _hate_ them.
But you hating facts about Apple doesn't change that they're still facts.

iKooks _hate_ that only Apple electronic products don't get better, faster,
_&_ cheaper over time. And, they hate me for letting them in on the secret.

So be it.
The truth hurts sometime.
--
You can't make those ungodly profits off an intelligent customer base.

Re: [iPhone 14] What's the only common consumer electronics that does NOT get better, faster, & cheaper over time?

<t4m9t9$gde$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14248&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14248

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: [iPhone 14] What's the only common consumer electronics that does
NOT get better, faster, & cheaper over time?
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 08:44:41 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 May 2022 15:44 UTC

On 2022-05-01 7:40 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> I know the iKooks hate an _adult_ supervision... but it is what it is.
>
> QUESTION: What's the only common consumer electronics that does NOT get
>          better, faster, & cheaper over time?
> ANSWER: The Apple iPhone

Well that's just a lie.

> Q: Why?
> A: Marketing.
>
> *New Apple Exclusive Reveals iPhone 14 Price Shock*
> <https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2022/04/30/apple-iphone-14-pro-max-price-release-new-iphone-launch>

The article that compares the price of two very different phones?

'In other words: an iPhone 14 Max will be circa $200 cheaper than an
iPhone 14 Pro Max. Now let's break this down. Currently, an iPhone 13
Pro Max starts at $1099 which would price an iPhone 14 Max at $899 - a
$200 increase on the $699 iPhone 13 Mini it replaces. But not so fast.'

> Now you know why paying hundreds of dollars per iPhone to Qualcomm (in
> addition to the BILLIONS previously paid to Qualcomm) is Apple's penalty
> for putting all their spending into bullshit marketing instead of into R&D.
>
> It's _you_ who is paying for all that (admittedly brilliant) bullshit
> marketing. And Qualcomm is one of the key beneficiaries of your largesse.
>
> Why?
> Because Apple isn't a design powerhouse. Apple is all marketing.
>
> Unfortunately for you iKooks, Apple's well-demonstrated lack of design
> ability is why _you_ are paying Qualcomm _hundreds_ of dollars, per iPhone.
>
> Prove me wrong.
> HINT: You can't.

Done already.