She sells cshs by the cshore.

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: I like it when you say Ah so

SubjectAuthor
* Does any one have experience with KNODENicodemus
+* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEYrrah
|`* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODETheSidhe
| `* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|  +* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODETheSidhe
|  |+- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEAndrei Z.
|  |`* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|  | +* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|  | |`* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODETheSidhe
|  | | `* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|  | |  `* Re: I like it when you say Ah soNic
|  | |   `* Re: I like it when you say Ah soMike Easter
|  | |    `- Re: I like it when you say Ah soNic
|  | `- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODETheSidhe
|  `* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODENic
|   `* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|    +* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODENic
|    |`* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEAragorn
|    | `- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODENic
|    +- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|    +* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|    |`* Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
|    | `- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODENic
|    `- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEMike Easter
`- Re: Does any one have experience with KNODEAragorn

1
Does any one have experience with KNODE

<XnsAD397ECAA5CE4GoodNewsHorizonnet@46.165.242.75>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1403&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1403

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Nicodemus)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Does any one have experience with KNODE
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 16:27:49 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Nicodemus - Sat, 29 May 2021 16:27 UTC

for NNTP?

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ivr4bgd8uo9kphqsppjjl6bs47bdvjj6h5@net.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1404&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1404

From: Yrrah-a...@aolm.invalid (Yrrah)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE
Sender: Yrrah <Yrrah-aolm@aolm.invalid>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 18:48:42 +0200
 by: Yrrah - Sat, 29 May 2021 16:48 UTC

Nicodemus <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net>:
> for NNTP?

Why do you ask this in a Linux Mint newsgroup?

Yrrah

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<jkusI.159482$Ms7.13131@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1405&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1405

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 12:53:35 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 29 May 2021 16:53 UTC

On 5/29/21 12:48 PM, Yrrah wrote:
> Nicodemus <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net>:
>
>> for NNTP?
> Why do you ask this in a Linux Mint newsgroup?
>
> Yrrah

Because I use Linux Mint and have installed Knode but am having some
problems with it so, I toss it it out to the Mint community for help.

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfbr5FmdhsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1406&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1406

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 10:27:00 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 17:27 UTC

TheSidhe wrote:
> Because I use Linux Mint and have installed Knode but am having some
> problems with it so, I toss it it out to the Mint community for help.

Fundamentally (whatever that means in this context) the KDE desktop and
its 'extensions' are 'past history' in terms of Mint and its dev.

Also fundamentally, Knode, as an 'extension' of Kontact, which is an
extension of KDE is past history in terms of KDE and its dev.

For example, a 'natural' way to be using Mint and Knode would be to be
using Mint 18.3 KDE which was based on Ub 16.04 a LTS; and/but 18.3 was
'naturally' KDE 5.8.

I believe the highest Ubuntu/Kubuntu that Knode made it to was 16.10, so
it is conceivable that one could do backports for a Mint 18.3 (off Ub
16.04) whose support ended in Apr.

Not that there is anything earth-shattering about using an unsupported
Mint v. for accessing nntp, but if you used some other route for
acquiring a combination of Mint and Knode it might be interesting to
hear about it.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<U6vsI.8430$N%.6725@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1407&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1407

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:47:31 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 29 May 2021 17:47 UTC

On 5/29/21 1:27 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> TheSidhe wrote:
>> Because I use Linux Mint and have installed Knode but am having some
>> problems with it so, I toss it it out to the Mint community for help.
>
> Fundamentally (whatever that means in this context) the KDE desktop
> and its 'extensions' are 'past history' in terms of Mint and its dev.
>
> Also fundamentally, Knode, as an 'extension' of Kontact, which is an
> extension of KDE is past history in terms of KDE and its dev.
>
> For example, a 'natural' way to be using Mint and Knode would be to be
> using Mint 18.3 KDE which was based on Ub 16.04 a LTS; and/but 18.3
> was 'naturally' KDE 5.8.
>
> I believe the highest Ubuntu/Kubuntu that Knode made it to was 16.10,
> so it is conceivable that one could do backports for a Mint 18.3 (off
> Ub 16.04) whose support ended in Apr.
>
> Not that there is anything earth-shattering about using an unsupported
> Mint v. for accessing nntp, but if you used some other route for
> acquiring a combination of Mint and Knode it might be interesting to
> hear about it.

I was reading an article and they mentioned KNode, so I checked my
software manager and it was there, from which I installed KNode and
launched it and tried to subscribe to AOIE but I get an error when I try
to fetch the list of groups. Was wondering if any one here at this forum
had any experience setting it up.

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<s8tvac$scd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1408&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1408

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:57:34 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 17:57 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> TheSidhe wrote:
>> Because I use Linux Mint and have installed Knode but am having
some
>> problems with it so, I toss it it out to the Mint community for
help.

> Fundamentally (whatever that means in this context) the KDE
desktop and
> its 'extensions' are 'past history' in terms of Mint and its dev.
>
> Also fundamentally, Knode, as an 'extension' of Kontact, which is
an
> extension of KDE is past history in terms of KDE and its dev.
>
> For example, a 'natural' way to be using Mint and Knode would be
to be
> using Mint 18.3 KDE which was based on Ub 16.04 a LTS; and/but
18.3 was
> 'naturally' KDE 5.8.
>
> I believe the highest Ubuntu/Kubuntu that Knode made it to was
16.10, so
> it is conceivable that one could do backports for a Mint 18.3 (off
Ub
> 16.04) whose support ended in Apr.
>
> Not that there is anything earth-shattering about using an
unsupported
> Mint v. for accessing nntp, but if you used some other route for
> acquiring a combination of Mint and Knode it might be interesting
> hear about it.

I think I have figured it out, had to install additional package
from the software manager called -Kde4pimlibs-kio-plugins, and it
seems to be wotking,

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<s8tvcg$v6b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1409&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1409

From: no-em...@invalid.invalid (Andrei Z.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:58:42 +0300
 by: Andrei Z. - Sat, 29 May 2021 17:58 UTC

TheSidhe wrote:
> On 5/29/21 1:27 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
>> TheSidhe wrote:
>>> Because I use Linux Mint and have installed Knode but am having some
>>> problems with it so, I toss it it out to the Mint community for help.
>>
>> Fundamentally (whatever that means in this context) the KDE desktop
>> and its 'extensions' are 'past history' in terms of Mint and its dev.
>>
>> Also fundamentally, Knode, as an 'extension' of Kontact, which is an
>> extension of KDE is past history in terms of KDE and its dev.
>>
>> For example, a 'natural' way to be using Mint and Knode would be to be
>> using Mint 18.3 KDE which was based on Ub 16.04 a LTS; and/but 18.3
>> was 'naturally' KDE 5.8.
>>
>> I believe the highest Ubuntu/Kubuntu that Knode made it to was 16.10,
>> so it is conceivable that one could do backports for a Mint 18.3 (off
>> Ub 16.04) whose support ended in Apr.
>>
>> Not that there is anything earth-shattering about using an unsupported
>> Mint v. for accessing nntp, but if you used some other route for
>> acquiring a combination of Mint and Knode it might be interesting to
>> hear about it.
>>
> I was reading an article and they mentioned KNode, so I checked my
> software manager and it was there, from which I installed KNode and
> launched it and tried to subscribe to AOIE but I get an error when I try
> to fetch the list of groups. Was wondering if any one here at this forum
> had any experience setting it up.

Ubuntu – Package Search Results -- knode
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?lang=en&suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=knode
Only Ubuntu 18.04 - Mint 19

Ubuntu – Details of package knode in bionic
https://packages.ubuntu.com/en/bionic/knode
depends
For the KDE desktop environment

KNode - KDE Applications
https://apps.kde.org/knode/
"This app is unmaintained and no longer released by the KDE community."

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihff2oFn1keU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1410&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1410

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:22:15 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:22 UTC

Nic wrote:
> I think I have figured it out, had to install additional package
> from the software manager called -Kde4pimlibs-kio-plugins, and it
> seems to be wotking,

Yes; I knew it was in the kde4pim, but I didn't understand how your Mint
would come to have the kde4pim package in its repo/s, since it didn't
start out w/ a kde4.

I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently supported
kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<s8u1bc$1q34$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1411&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1411

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 14:32:13 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:32 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> Nic wrote:
>> I think I have figured it out, had to install additional package
>> from the software manager called -Kde4pimlibs-kio-plugins, and it
>> seems to be wotking,
>
> Yes; I knew it was in the kde4pim, but I didn't understand how
your Mint
> would come to have the kde4pim package in its repo/s, since it
didn't
> start out w/ a kde4.
>
> I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
> knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently
supported
> kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.

For now I am happy that it works in its present incarnation, seems
to be a nice news reader and I like to have alternatives. I have
not tried it for email yet, will get around to it.

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<20210529204053.5901f3b7@nx-74205>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1412&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1412

From: thoron...@telenet.be (Aragorn)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:40:53 +0200
 by: Aragorn - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:40 UTC

On 29.05.2021 at 16:27, Nicodemus scribbled:

> for NNTP?

Yes, I've used it as my newsreader for many, many years. Alas, it was
never even fully ported to qr4 — it still had qt3 bindings — and so
it's not available anymore in Plasma 5.

--
With respect,
= Aragorn

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<20210529204725.7415f2c7@nx-74205>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1413&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1413

From: thoron...@telenet.be (Aragorn)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:47:25 +0200
 by: Aragorn - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:47 UTC

On 29.05.2021 at 14:32, Nic scribbled:

> Mike Easter wrote:
>
> > Nic wrote:
> >> I think I have figured it out, had to install additional package
> >> from the software manager called -Kde4pimlibs-kio-plugins, and it
> >> seems to be wotking,
> >
> > Yes; I knew it was in the kde4pim, but I didn't understand how
> > your Mint would come to have the kde4pim package in its repo/s, since it
> > didn't start out w/ a kde4.
> >
> > I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
> > knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently
> > supported kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.
>
> For now I am happy that it works in its present incarnation, seems
> to be a nice news reader and I like to have alternatives. I have
> not tried it for email yet, will get around to it.

It's not an email client. It supports replying via email, but insofar
as I remember — it has been a few years — it was not designed handle
_incoming_ email.

--
With respect,
= Aragorn

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfgmhFnaenU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1414&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1414

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 04:49:53 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 11:49 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
> knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently supported
> kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.

I'm posting this from the current q4OS w/ TDE and Trinity-Knode 0.10.9 which
doesn't 'correspond' to the original Knode's version scheme which was at
4.something.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfh1qFncsfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1415&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1415

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:55:53 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:55 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
> knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently supported
> kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.

I installed the trinity-knode into the current q4OS release of the
Trinity DE which v. number does NOT correspond to the old conventional
knode v. scheme which was at 4.something. I subscribed to this group
and sent a msg, and it appeared in the knode sent dir, but it has not
appeared in this ng.

The app says that it can do mail, but I know Aragorn has had extensive
experience w/ knode.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfh9fFnaenU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1416&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1416

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:59:53 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:59 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> I installed the trinity-knode into the current q4OS release of the
> Trinity DE which v. number does NOT correspond to the old conventional
> knode v. scheme which was at 4.something.  I subscribed to this group
> and sent a msg, and it appeared in the knode sent dir, but it has not
> appeared in this ng.

Oh; I see. My clock was wrong. The msg did appear, I just didn't see it
because it was in the wrong order.

From q4OS TDE trinity-knode 0.10.9.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<s8u3km$lbe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1417&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1417

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:11:20 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:11 UTC

Aragorn wrote:

> On 29.05.2021 at 14:32, Nic scribbled:
>
>> Mike Easter wrote:

>> > Yes; I knew it was in the kde4pim, but I didn't understand how
>> > your Mint would come to have the kde4pim package in its repo/s,
since
>> > it didn't start out w/ a kde4.
>> >
>> > I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently
supported
>> > knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently
>> > supported kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.
>>
>> For now I am happy that it works in its present incarnation,
seems
>> to be a nice news reader and I like to have alternatives. I have
>> not tried it for email yet, will get around to it.
>
> It's not an email client. It supports replying via email, but
insofar
> as I remember — it has been a few years — it was not designed
handle
> _incoming_ email.

Thank you, saved me a lot of time,

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<s8u3o8$lbe$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1418&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1418

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:13:13 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:13 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> Mike Easter wrote:
>
>> I installed the trinity-knode into the current q4OS release of
the
>> Trinity DE which v. number does NOT correspond to the old
conventional
>> knode v. scheme which was at 4.something. I subscribed to this
group
>> and sent a msg, and it appeared in the knode sent dir, but it has
not
>> appeared in this ng.
>>
> Oh; I see. My clock was wrong. The msg did appear, I just didn't
see it
> because it was in the wrong order.
>
> From q4OS TDE trinity-knode 0.10.9.

It appeared like you said wrong order, clock was off

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfisiFnoh6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1419&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1419

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 12:27:13 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:27 UTC

TheSidhe wrote:
> I was reading an article and they mentioned KNode, so I checked my
> software manager and it was there, from which I installed KNode and
> launched it

Starting from a Mint 20.1 Cinn, no knode, no kde4pim. I installed the
KDE5 DE and Kontact from the repo/s which included the Kmail for that
Kontact, also no knode (which had been the route to get knode in earlier
KDE4).

I don't know what kind of combination of Mint plus KDE you have
installed unless it is a much older v. of Mint like 18.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfj4cFnpinU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1420&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1420

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 12:31:24 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:31 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:
> I don't know what kind of combination of Mint plus KDE you have
> installed unless it is a much older v. of Mint like 18.

What does

inxi -S

.... say about your system?

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<JUwsI.5076$jf1.2543@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1421&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1421

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:48:57 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:48 UTC

On 5/29/21 3:27 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> TheSidhe wrote:
>> I was reading an article and they mentioned KNode, so I checked my
>> software manager and it was there, from which I installed KNode and
>> launched it
>
> Starting from a Mint 20.1 Cinn, no knode, no kde4pim.  I installed the
> KDE5 DE and Kontact from the repo/s which included the Kmail for that
> Kontact, also no knode (which had been the route to get knode in
> earlier KDE4).
>
> I don't know what kind of combination of Mint plus KDE you have
> installed unless it is a much older v. of Mint like 18.

I also deleted Kmail because it was acting funky, looking for pgp
keyring..and also was wondering if it would negatively effect Knode, but
it not, thinking that Kmail was part of the pim package..

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<3WwsI.5077$jf1.4567@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1422&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1422

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:50:23 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:50 UTC

On 5/29/21 3:31 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> I don't know what kind of combination of Mint plus KDE you have
>> installed unless it is a much older v. of Mint like 18.
>
> What does
>
> inxi -S
>
> ... say about your system?

  Host: nic-System-Product-Name Kernel: 5.4.0-67-generic x86_64 bits: 64
  Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.10 Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Hope this helps

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfktpFo495U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1423&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1423

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:02:00 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 20:02 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:
> I'm currently working on seeing if I can get a currently supported
> knode-trinity, which trinity DE is 'sorta' like a currently supported
> kde 3.5 and currently supported 'qt3'.

Another route to go to get knode and an interesting distro is a current
community PCLOS based on Trinity and its repo/s as well as pclos repo/s.
And, that pclos tde comes in both a 'big daddy' full of default app/s
as well as a 'mini-me' v. which is lighter w/ less default app/s but the
same repo/s.

Another 'lost' news agent is klibido which is designed for nntp
binaries. It is possible that klibido may also be in that same knode repo.

https://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/ This is a community respin of the
PCLinuxOS Distribution created by Texstar and relies heavily on the
PCLinuxOS repositories along with the repositories of the Trinity
Desktop Enviroment.

I think that if I were trying to 'Mint-ize' a KDE, I might start w/ Neon
and add Mint, rather than starting w/ Mint and adding KDE. But, that
wouldn't get Knode, but instead a Mint + its tools plus a current KDE
Plasma 5.

But, maybe Neon is 'too much like Ub' whereas default Mint is somewhat
less so, such as the flatpak vs snap issue.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Does any one have experience with KNODE

<ihfle9Fo78tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1424&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1424

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:10:47 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 20:10 UTC

TheSidhe wrote:
> Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.10 Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Ah, so. Ub 18.04 can access knode from its repo/s.

https://www.howtoinstall.me/ubuntu/18-04/knode/ How to Install knode in
Ubuntu 18.04

and...

Package knode
bionic (18.04LTS) (news): graphical news reader [universe]
4:4.14.10-7: amd64 arm64 armhf i386 ppc64el s390x

--
Mike Easter

Re: I like it when you say Ah so

<s8u8ed$rip$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1425&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1425

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: I like it when you say Ah so
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 16:33:18 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 20:33 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> TheSidhe wrote:
>> Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.10 Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
>
> Ah, so. Ub 18.04 can access knode from its repo/s.
>
> https://www.howtoinstall.me/ubuntu/18-04/knode/ How to Install
knode in
> Ubuntu 18.04
>
> and...
>
> Package knode
> bionic (18.04LTS) (news): graphical news reader [universe]
> 4:4.14.10-7: amd64 arm64 armhf i386 ppc64el s390x

Is that a good Ah so?

Re: I like it when you say Ah so

<ihfr7aFp9ktU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1426&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1426

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 14:49:29 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 29 May 2021 21:49 UTC

Nic wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> TheSidhe wrote:
>>> Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.10 Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
>>
>> Ah, so. Ub 18.04 can access knode from its repo/s.
>>
>> Package knode
>> bionic (18.04LTS) (news): graphical news reader [universe]
>> 4:4.14.10-7: amd64 arm64 armhf i386 ppc64el s390x
>>
> Is that a good Ah so?

It would mean "Oho. I get the picture now."

Previously I would have imagined that it wouldn't have made it to the
LTS 18.04 repo/s. I didn't have such a distro to boot up live.

But, AZ saw it in the 18.04 packages earlier.

--
Mike Easter

Re: I like it when you say Ah so

<s8ueif$18r6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1427&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1427

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 18:17:53 -0400
References: <XnsAD397ECAA5CE4GoodNewsHorizonnet@46.165.242.75> <ivr4bgd8uo9kphqsppjjl6bs47bdvjj6h5@net.com> <jkusI.159482$Ms7.13131@fx34.iad> <ihfbr5FmdhsU1@mid.individual.net> <U6vsI.8430$N%.6725@fx05.iad> <ihfisiFnoh6U1@mid.individual.net> <ihfj4cFnpinU1@mid.individual.net> <3WwsI.5077$jf1.4567@fx37.iad> <ihfle9Fo78tU1@mid.individual.net> <s8u8ed$rip$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ihfr7aFp9ktU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Nic - Sat, 29 May 2021 22:17 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:

> Nic wrote:
>> Mike Easter wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah, so. Ub 18.04 can access knode from its repo/s.
>>>
>>> Package knode
>>> bionic (18.04LTS) (news): graphical news reader [universe]
>>> 4:4.14.10-7: amd64 arm64 armhf i386 ppc64el s390x
>>>
>> Is that a good Ah so?
>>
> It would mean "Oho. I get the picture now."
>
> Previously I would have imagined that it wouldn't have made it to
the
> LTS 18.04 repo/s. I didn't have such a distro to boot up live.
>
> But, AZ saw it in the 18.04 packages earlier.

Thank you for all your help