Less is more or less more -- Y_Plentyn on #LinuxGER

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

SubjectAuthor
* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
> [...]
|   |    |   |     |    `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Kelly Phillips
|   |    |   |     |     `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |     `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |      `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|   |    |   |       `* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    |   |        `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|   |    |   `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   |    `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Joel
|`* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Big Al
| `- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Anton Shepelev
|+* Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Mark Lloyd
||`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
`- Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?plateshutoverlock

Pages:12
Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1334&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1334

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mimvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1335&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1335

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<zNa1M.461624$Olad.28920@fx35.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1336&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1336

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55:43 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 2:10:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>>
>> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.
>
> There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

Did a brief search and struck out.

>>> Typing.
>>
>> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
>> consistent?
>
> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
> understand it.

He relied on muscle memory.

>>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>>
>> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.
>
> The layers piss me off.

I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.149vynrcmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1361&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1361

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 03:31:25 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 21 May 2023 02:31 UTC

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 14:55:43 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2023 at 2:10:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.
>>
>> There's probably a webpage which can tell us.
>
> Did a brief search and struck out.

>>> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
>>> consistent?
>>
>> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
>> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
>> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
>> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
>> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
>> understand it.
>
> He relied on muscle memory.

I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.

>>> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.
>>
>> The layers piss me off.
>
> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.

You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece of paper.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<ldhaM.3732307$GNG9.2369426@fx18.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1362&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1362

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 04:36:33 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 21 May 2023 04:36 UTC

On May 20, 2023 at 7:31:25 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote

>>> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
>>> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
>>> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
>>> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
>>> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
>>> understand it.
>>
>> He relied on muscle memory.
>
> I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm
> familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.

I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
typing is crap.

>>> The layers piss me off.
>>
>> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.
>
> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
> of paper.

I can think in 3D.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.16jhz4z6mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1375&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1375

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:39:30 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:39 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:36:33 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> He relied on muscle memory.
>>
>> I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm
>> familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.
>
> I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
> typing is crap.

I can do the same with many words. I can type commonly typed words very fast. But it doesn't stop me being able to type them one letter at a time from another angle like the professor failed to do. Mind you he was an American....

>>> I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.
>>
>> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
>> of paper.
>
> I can think in 3D.

I cannot. Well I'm better than some, but not very good. I did spot immediately when my neighbour was about to cut some drywall the wrong way to fit on a ceiling. He couldn't picture it turned over and didn't believe me until it fitted after he cut it the way I told him to.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.16jh1icbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1376&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1376

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:40:20 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:40 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 07:53:39 +0100, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 21.05.23 um 06:36 schrieb Snit:
>> On May 20, 2023 at 7:31:25 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>>> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
>>> of paper.
>>
>> I can think in 3D.
>
> I do it 4D.

Very funny.

> Excessive X-posting eliminated.

Reinstated. It's no more relevant to the group you put it in than the others, and others may not be reading your group. Don't be so bloody selfish.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<j6niM.4$IQR3.0@fx45.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1377&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1377

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:51:11 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:51 UTC

On Jun 14, 2023 at 10:39:30 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.16jhz4z6mvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:36:33 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I doubt that's accurate enough to type a password. True, I can type words I'm
>>> familiar with much faster, but I wouldn't rely on it.
>>
>> I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
>> typing is crap.
>
> I can do the same with many words. I can type commonly typed words very fast.
> But it doesn't stop me being able to type them one letter at a time from
> another angle like the professor failed to do.

Much the same. And sometimes my fingers type the wrong word. In this case with
perfect timing -- "sometimes" became "someone". Maybe I type that more often?

> Mind you he was an American....

>>> You must have a weird brain. You're making a 3D representation of a flat piece
>>> of paper.
>>
>> I can think in 3D.
>
> I cannot. Well I'm better than some, but not very good.

I do not claim to be extraordinary with it... but basic layers are fine for
me. Even some 3D modeling... though I have seen people do that better than I
do (and they work with that stuff more).

> I did spot immediately when my neighbour was about to cut some drywall the
> wrong way to fit on a ceiling. He couldn't picture it turned over and didn't
> believe me until it fitted after he cut it the way I told him to.

I wonder if that type 3D rotational thinking is correlated with 3D layers?

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.18ifgmahmvhs6z@ryzen>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1411&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1411

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 01:54:12 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 00:54 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:51:11 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2023 at 10:39:30 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.16jhz4z6mvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:36:33 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I type my iMac password without much thought. My fingers just "know". And my
>>> typing is crap.
>>
>> I can do the same with many words. I can type commonly typed words very fast.
>> But it doesn't stop me being able to type them one letter at a time from
>> another angle like the professor failed to do.
>
> Much the same. And sometimes my fingers type the wrong word. In this case with
> perfect timing -- "sometimes" became "someone". Maybe I type that more often?

I do that in speech also. I think there's a not-very-clever cache being used.

I've found it's good to give your brain extra time. For example if I'm reading this text aloud to someone, I'd be reading it about 5 words ahead of my speaking. So by the time it come out of my mouth, I've corrected any errors. It also allows you to get the context of what you're talking about, so you can emphasize words correctly.

>> Mind you he was an American....

>>> I can think in 3D.
>>
>> I cannot. Well I'm better than some, but not very good.
>
> I do not claim to be extraordinary with it... but basic layers are fine for
> me. Even some 3D modeling... though I have seen people do that better than I
> do (and they work with that stuff more).
>
>> I did spot immediately when my neighbour was about to cut some drywall the
>> wrong way to fit on a ceiling. He couldn't picture it turned over and didn't
>> believe me until it fitted after he cut it the way I told him to.
>
> I wonder if that type 3D rotational thinking is correlated with 3D layers?

No, I think rotation just requires intelligence (my neighbour is lysdexic), but layers requires better short term memory.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<xjpvM.18927$JG_b.18701@fx39.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1412&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1412

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 06:59:41 GMT
 by: Snit - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 06:59 UTC

On Jul 22, 2023 at 5:54:12 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.18ifgmahmvhs6z@ryzen>:

>>> I did spot immediately when my neighbour was about to cut some drywall the
>>> wrong way to fit on a ceiling. He couldn't picture it turned over and didn't
>>> believe me until it fitted after he cut it the way I told him to.
>>
>> I wonder if that type 3D rotational thinking is correlated with 3D layers?
>
> No, I think rotation just requires intelligence (my neighbour is lysdexic),
> but layers requires better short term memory.

Rotation might be tied to a form of intelligence... spacial intelligence or
something like that. Not sure layers require that much in terms of short term
memory, but I can see where it is more than the rotational.

I know I am pretty good with both... but maybe not related at all.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1420&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1420

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 14:54:13 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:54 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:59:41 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I wonder if that type 3D rotational thinking is correlated with 3D layers?
>>
>> No, I think rotation just requires intelligence (my neighbour is lysdexic),
>> but layers requires better short term memory.
>
> Rotation might be tied to a form of intelligence... spacial intelligence or
> something like that. Not sure layers require that much in terms of short term
> memory, but I can see where it is more than the rotational.
>
> I know I am pretty good with both... but maybe not related at all.

My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<0bsBM.695190$GMN3.543478@fx16.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1421&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1421

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:09:48 GMT
 by: Snit - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:09 UTC

On Aug 11, 2023 at 6:54:13 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:59:41 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, I think rotation just requires intelligence (my neighbour is lysdexic),
>>> but layers requires better short term memory.
>>
>> Rotation might be tied to a form of intelligence... spacial intelligence or
>> something like that. Not sure layers require that much in terms of short term
>> memory, but I can see where it is more than the rotational.
>>
>> I know I am pretty good with both... but maybe not related at all.
>
> My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers
> in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.

In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
make of that.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<jusBM.695192$GMN3.499285@fx16.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1422&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1422

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Davi...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:30:23 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:30 UTC

On 11/08/2023 16:09, Snit wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2023 at 6:54:13 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:59:41 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rotation might be tied to a form of intelligence... spacial intelligence or
>>> something like that. Not sure layers require that much in terms of short term
>>> memory, but I can see where it is more than the rotational.
>>>
>>> I know I am pretty good with both... but maybe not related at all.
>>
>> My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers
>> in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.
>
> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
> make of that.

Ah! But *YOU* can ask Siri! ;-)

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<TWsBM.85122$RDRe.7217@fx06.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1423&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1423

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:00:51 GMT
 by: Snit - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:00 UTC

On Aug 11, 2023 at 8:30:23 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<jusBM.695192$GMN3.499285@fx16.iad>:

> On 11/08/2023 16:09, Snit wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2023 at 6:54:13 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>:

>>> My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers
>>> in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.
>>
>> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
>> make of that.
>
> Ah! But *YOU* can ask Siri! ;-)

LOL! She does not remember things for me.

I do use the Notes app a lot though.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<CBtBM.430206$TCKc.115383@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1424&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1424

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Davi...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:46:26 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:46 UTC

On 11/08/2023 17:00, Snit wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2023 at 8:30:23 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <jusBM.695192$GMN3.499285@fx16.iad>:
>
>> On 11/08/2023 16:09, Snit wrote:

>>> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
>>> make of that.
>>
>> Ah! But *YOU* can ask Siri! ;-)
>
> LOL! She does not remember things for me.

Maybe not, but she CAN do arithmetic! :-D

> I do use the Notes app a lot though.

Me too. Excellent facility.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<zDtBM.557359$TPw2.165158@fx17.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1425&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1425

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:48:31 GMT
 by: Snit - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:48 UTC

On Aug 11, 2023 at 9:46:26 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<CBtBM.430206$TCKc.115383@fx13.iad>:

> On 11/08/2023 17:00, Snit wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2023 at 8:30:23 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <jusBM.695192$GMN3.499285@fx16.iad>:

>>> Ah! But *YOU* can ask Siri! ;-)
>>
>> LOL! She does not remember things for me.
>
> Maybe not, but she CAN do arithmetic! :-D

Yes she can.

>> I do use the Notes app a lot though.
>
> Me too. Excellent facility.

And getting better with time.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<mGtBM.430207$TCKc.406134@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1426&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1426

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Davi...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:51:30 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:51 UTC

On 11/08/2023 17:48, Snit wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2023 at 9:46:26 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <CBtBM.430206$TCKc.115383@fx13.iad>:
>
>> On 11/08/2023 17:00, Snit wrote:

>>> LOL! She does not remember things for me.
>>
>> Maybe not, but she CAN do arithmetic! :-D
>
> Yes she can.
>

>>> I do use the Notes app a lot though.
>>
>> Me too. Excellent facility.
>
> And getting better with time.

I particularly like the fact that Notes is stored in the iCloud so that
nothing is lost from there if one erases one's hard drive!

VERY useful! ;-)

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<NauBM.93947$PlBb.32779@fx42.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1427&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1427

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:26:05 GMT
 by: Snit - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:26 UTC

On Aug 11, 2023 at 9:51:30 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<mGtBM.430207$TCKc.406134@fx13.iad>:

> On 11/08/2023 17:48, Snit wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2023 at 9:46:26 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <CBtBM.430206$TCKc.115383@fx13.iad>:

>>> Maybe not, but she CAN do arithmetic! :-D
>>
>> Yes she can.

>>> Me too. Excellent facility.
>>
>> And getting better with time.
>
> I particularly like the fact that Notes is stored in the iCloud so that
> nothing is lost from there if one erases one's hard drive!
>
> VERY useful! ;-)

And you add to your phone and it is on your computer.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<75tcdi5lc8f8pmjk3989fu0q1r14e39dir@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1428&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1428

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:50:00 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:50 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:51:30 +0100, David Brooks <David.B@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

>I particularly like the fact that Notes is stored in the iCloud so that
>nothing is lost from there if one erases one's hard drive!
>
>VERY useful! ;-)

Is that where/how you store your dossiers?

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.2agrwrw1mvhs6z@ryzen>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1429&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1429

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 01:35:05 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 00:35 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 18:50:00 +0100, Kelly Phillips <KFile@podcasts.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 17:51:30 +0100, David Brooks <David.B@nomail.afraid.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I particularly like the fact that Notes is stored in the iCloud so that
>> nothing is lost from there if one erases one's hard drive!
>>
>> VERY useful! ;-)
>
> Is that where/how you store your dossiers?

No, the porn, so the police can't seize it.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.2agryp1amvhs6z@ryzen>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1430&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1430

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 01:36:15 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 00:36 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:09:48 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2023 at 6:54:13 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:59:41 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rotation might be tied to a form of intelligence... spacial intelligence or
>>> something like that. Not sure layers require that much in terms of short term
>>> memory, but I can see where it is more than the rotational.
>>>
>>> I know I am pretty good with both... but maybe not related at all.
>>
>> My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers
>> in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.
>
> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
> make of that.

The tests must be unrealistic. Could you add 57 and 39 in your head? I would do.... 50+30 is 80 and 7 and 9 is 16, add the 16 to the.... I've forgotten the first bit.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<JrzHM.690000$SuUf.491406@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1431&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1431

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 04:19:53 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 04:19 UTC

On Aug 29, 2023 at 5:36:15 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.2agryp1amvhs6z@ryzen>:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:09:48 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 11, 2023 at 6:54:13 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.19il8nvtmvhs6z@ryzen>:

>>> My short term memory is about 2 registers. Makes it impossible to add numbers
>>> in my head. Not enough room for the two numbers and the result.
>>
>> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
>> make of that.
>
> The tests must be unrealistic. Could you add 57 and 39 in your head?

Yes. 96. In my head I take one from 57 to make it 56 and add it to the 39.
Then 56+40 is easily 50+40+6.

> I would do.... 50+30 is 80 and 7 and 9 is 16, add the 16 to the.... I've
> forgotten the first bit.

I might do it that way also... but more often the way that first came to mind.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.2a88vyygmvhs6z@ryzen>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1449&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1449

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 10:34:36 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 09:34 UTC

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:19:53 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2023 at 5:36:15 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.2agryp1amvhs6z@ryzen>:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:09:48 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> In testing I do well... but in day to day life not as much. Not sure what to
>>> make of that.
>>
>> The tests must be unrealistic. Could you add 57 and 39 in your head?
>
> Yes. 96. In my head I take one from 57 to make it 56 and add it to the 39.
> Then 56+40 is easily 50+40+6.

Longwinded, I just add the tens first - 50+30 is 80. Then the units - 7+9 is 16. The answer is eighty sixteen.

But I couldn't have done that if you spoke the numbers to me. I would forget one while manipulating.

So what in day to day life is difficult?

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<GSFMM.748$aSec.79@fx34.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1450&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1450

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:43:34 GMT
 by: Snit - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:43 UTC

On Sep 14, 2023 at 2:34:36 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.2a88vyygmvhs6z@ryzen>:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:19:53 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 29, 2023 at 5:36:15 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.2agryp1amvhs6z@ryzen>:

>>> The tests must be unrealistic. Could you add 57 and 39 in your head?
>>
>> Yes. 96. In my head I take one from 57 to make it 56 and add it to the 39.
>> Then 56+40 is easily 50+40+6.
>
> Longwinded, I just add the tens first - 50+30 is 80. Then the units - 7+9 is
> 16. The answer is eighty sixteen.

Each brain works differently. For me adding the 80 to the 16 would add an
extra step and make it seem too long.

> But I couldn't have done that if you spoke the numbers to me. I would forget
> one while manipulating.

With your method I might, too. But not with mine.

> So what in day to day life is difficult?

I am horrible with names, as one example.