From: nospam.N...@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: When it would be better to start filetoss?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:18:17 +1200
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 03:18 UTC

Hello guys, and sorry for probably stupid question...
Ok, I know both incoming and outcoming echomails and netmails create a
semaphore file then i added [ImportEchoMails] and [ExportEchoMails] procedures
on my event list, this way all work fine and semaphores file are deleted at the
end.
My questionis...: it seems that semaphore files are not created for incoming
files so, when it would be better to start [FileToss] procedure?
Interval like 1 hour?
Along with [ImportoEchoMails]?
Thanks.

Re: When it would be better to start filetoss?

<2139205816@p1.f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1439&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1439

From: nospam.J...@p1.f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: When it would be better to start filetoss?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:36:44 +1200
 by: Jay Harris - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 21:36 UTC

*** Quoting Nicola Mettimano from a message to All ***

NM> ...when it would be better to start [FileToss] procedure?

I have my mailin.ini setup like this:

[General]
ImportEchoMail = true
FileToss = true
LinkMessages = true

So I just toss files whenever I get mail, if there are .tic files there
they'll get tossed, if there isn't it just continues on.

Jay

.... A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something

Re: When it would be better to start filetoss?

<4051900905@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1440&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1440

From: nospam.N...@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 17:39:53 +1200
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 05:39 UTC

Ok, so, as you wrote, files are waiting for an incoming echomail to be exported
and visible in BBS right?
Is not possible to work in real time like semaphore?
Is not so important for me, just to know... ;-)